NHL'94 Forums

DGL 93 Finals

CoachMac

What is really funny is the added element of fighting in 93 seemed to add to his frustration.

Fighting does have a major impact on 93 and the gameplay. KO's, knocking out stars added momentum after a fight win.

Brutus had an incredible fighting team. yes he had ProBob.

So apparently they split the first two games that were rather tight 7-6 and 9-6.

Then in game 3 Brutus/ProBob Ko'd a couple of Begley's stars and physical d-men and the route was on Brutus was up 9-1 when Begley quit the game and series.

What made this a fun season was that we all improved defensively and found ways to limit the scoring sucess of the move. (It would be interesting to play Raph, or Plabs, or TK and see if we really got better on D or if we just all stink on O).

Anyway Brutus was able to adapt and score in more creative ways and was a deserving Champion.

What is really funny is the added element of fighting in 93 seemed to add to his frustration.

Fighting does have a major impact on 93 and the gameplay. KO's, knocking out stars added momentum after a fight win.

Brutus had an incredible fighting team. yes he had ProBob.

So apparently they split the first two games that were rather tight 7-6 and 9-6.

Then in game 3 Brutus/ProBob Ko'd a couple of Begley's stars and physical d-men and the route was on Brutus was up 9-1 when Begley quit the game and series.

What made this a fun season was that we all improved defensively and found ways to limit the scoring sucess of the move. (It would be interesting to play Raph, or Plabs, or TK and see if we really got better on D or if we just all stink on O).

Anyway Brutus was able to adapt and score in more creative ways and was a deserving Champion.

Yeah I played the rom and I would rather have sex with 3 men

Lol. Plabax is throwing punches at everyone today.

Ye... But I tried, and there was no way Begley could have won. It's too broken, I think brutus was kicking my ass 7-1 after 6 minutes. In real 93 it's usually 7-1 for ME after 30 seconds. It was just a poor adjustment to a game thats already poor I guess

Larionov with a 0 would not fight, but Messier with a 14 fought and lost 4 times during the season. Roenick is also prone to scrap and get KO'd. So it is not like the fights are just the guys like Domi and Probert. The fighting was different every game.

Jer33 was the best fighter in our league. He did a lot of damage with Roberts who is a 71. I think he beat Probert once? But ProBob is the King for sure. #1 pick material.

Aggression has to do with fighting also.

But, it seems that one guy rated 71 or higher has to be involved to have a scrap.

Never seen two 42's or 42 and 28 fight.

And I have always wondered why no one is rated 57 and what would happen with a 57.

It is a fun game and the guys who did it did a great job on the fighting.

The WBF also makes 93 a much better game, and 94 for that matter.

93 just needs better goalies/manual control.

The Russian bias bugs me also.

Begley did win.

He was only down 2-1 in the Finals and Quit.

They had 2 tight games and the season series was 2-1-1.

Glad to hear you found that Brutus was good. I'm not sure what you mean by real 93 and usually.

93 is great. So is 92. So is 94. Never played SNES but I bet it is fun to.

I do not enjoy the games past 94 but think the thing the guys at Segathon got going with NHL 95 is awesome.

That web-site led me to organize my friends into a similar type Live Event.

I am thinking we will do another DGL 93 in the Fall. Would love to expand to 8 or 12 teams with the right guys involved.

Hopefully DaDonch will be back around and can make us a stat tracking web-site and play in the league.

Easy?

Possible yes but not easy. My face still hurts from my games with Brutus and Jer33.

You did it twice with Brutus and once with Jeremy 9107.

Of which I give you huge credit. I tried to tie up Probert. I tried to run. I just got pummeled same for Jer33 and Roberts.

Nothing against Brutus but Jer33 was the best fighter based on how he controlled his guys. He could beat me with much lower rated players.