NHL'94 Forums

Gens B Odds

Sicarius

GENS B2

Place your bets! Place your bets!

Here's some inside info that may help your wagers.

The following is the top 6 teams' record against their fellow top 6 players.

LA - Kupuck = 4W 10L 28.5%

Det - Begley = 6W 6L 50%

Bos - Minipind = 10W 4L 71.4%

Dal - Wittgenstein = 7W 7L 50%

Tor - Wheelsoffire = 3W 9L 25%

Cal - Sicarius = 10W 3L 76.9%

Come on King, let's see the odds.

Edited by Sicarius

The disrespect around here! I can't even get a 1 in a million posting? Maybe they don't teach 7th graders to count to 7 anymore, but WITTY should be able to.

#7 seed is NOT completely out of the running, even with me playing the part.

That's it. Gonna have to activate LINDROS for the series.

Philly is 5W & 10L vs the top 6 for 33.3%

Come on King, let's see the odds.

Haha, I'd love to, but I haven't played anyone here (2v2 excluded) in quite some time, so I couldn't come up with odds.

I think Witt is right though, I can see anyone on that list winning it all.

Kupuck is a crafty vet who can mix up styles. LA can light up the lamp, but Hrudey is a liability.

Begley has the best regular season record and the best team. A patient coach, he will be difficult to beat.

Mindpind is the defending "C" champ, so he knows what it takes to win. I also play well with him in 2v2 (yee). Solid player, finals bound.

Witt changes his game and strategy to see what is working best. He can handle the speed of Dallas and beat anyone if he's focused.

Wheelsoffire - Toronto is his team, with back to back 40 GP seasons (thank you!). He gets a bye week and will most likely face kupuck (LA) in the next round. I can see that series going deep, looking forward to the results!

Sicarius has always been a very strong player with experience in A leagues. Calgary can be an absolute powerhouse team, or inept. I can never figure them out myself. Wit (DAL) may be the matchup, and that, again, should be a close one!

Darkhorses...

Brutus -- Philly is the weak team here, so that hurts. However, Plabax has shown in the King series and XdbX and HABS have shown in previous Classics that Philly can compete. Brutus is now motivated and can bring the heat.

SabreFan1 -- Don't discount tehsluglord! He matches up against Brutus in the 1st round and I would not be surprised to see Buffalo advance!

Jackandjose -- Witt's first round opponent will not be a walk in the park. J&J has been practicing and getting better.

So no odds, but my two cents.

Prediction: minpind (BOS) over Begley (DET) in 6.

Thanks for the write-up Raph.

I took over Philly @ 0-6, and i believe 4 of those 6 losses were top 6 (Detroit & Dallas), so I'd re-rank that 5W & 6L or the awesome 45%.

45% gives you a chance at sneaking in 4 out of 7 with an early KO from Lindros to Mogilny or Juneau :)

I'm going w/ Begley quitting against Mindpind in the finals to repeat the '93 Finals format.

If you are playing Odds Maker, I'd take Mindpind & Sicarius success at the top levels & put them at 2-1 each.

But given Begley's strength of team in Detroit, you'd have to move him closer than 8-1 of the best odds you could expect w/ giving 2 teams that kind of odds.

Which would push 5-2 on Mind & Sicarius to enable 4-1 on Begley.

I think Witt goes 8-1, Kupuck & Wheels hang around 15-1.

Brutus & team of Philly would go 45-1 at best.

That'd be me if I were the Vegas man setting odds for money.

Of course, after Begley's meltdown in the '93 Finals, he's not been spotted online, so a no-show might have to get factored into these odds.

The good news is that I watched min play sicarius the other night and saw how to beat sicarius. The bad news is he is the one player I have no confidence against in this league... and I'll have to play him if I get through first round.

Which is all to say, if I play him in second round, I will not be playing sober.

PHI is not a bad team.

Eklund - Recchi - Dineen

Hynes - Yushkevich

---------------------------------

Plabax's guide with PHI to help you become a master!

LW - Eklund - Put at LW because he is lefty with a weak 3-3 shot and is 5 Wgt! He will also stay on the ice when as long as he's not in the box on a 5-on-4 penalty kill. Eklund is there to shake off the checks and feed Recchi for the one-timers. Most people put their heaviest/worst forward at RW and since LW is matched with the opposing RW, chances are Eklund will be lighter than his matchup! Eklund is very quick and can fire in pass shots from just over the blue line.

C - Recchi - Put at Center because he is the best player on the team. A top 15 player in the game with 6 Wgt and a wicked 4-5 Lefty shot! The Center always stays on the ice for a penalty kill as long as he is not in the box. Recchi will score most of your goals and win every single faceoff in the game lol. A no-brainer here.

RW - Dineen - A righty with a weak shot, but is a good skater with 4 Agility and 5 Speed. He doesn't come on for the penalty kill unless you manually put him on, but who cares? Even strength faceoffs result in Recchi winning it to Dineen for insta-breakaway/on-man-rush action!! Too bad he's 7wgt so he's checked easily. Always look for Dineen because if you have the right moves to avoid the defense, Dineen is a weapon :)

LD - Hynes - Slow, but is 4Wgt. He will knock down everyone except Kovalenko and Fleury. If you are a B-check expert then Hynes is golden!! He sends Yzerman, Selanne, Mogilny and other pros on their ass with a body check.

RD - Yushkevich/Hawgood/whatever you want nobody cares

G - Soderstrom nobody cares

:)

we got a mini building lines with AJ segment only not with AJ but Plabax ;)

wtf - no love?

LES HABITANTS DE MONTREAL! I love the confidence...anyone has a chance to make a playoff run, but an under .500 record and negative GFA - GAA is probably what kept you out of the initial cup contender chat. But it's anybody's game! Bring on the playoffs!!

To give out some love here, Mikey Mac beats me almost every time I play him Montreal vs Philly.

Unfortunately, I can't be his opponent in any round, much less every round, unless I made the finals.

Given my 5000000000-1 odds, it's a a scenario not likely to play out.

I don't score that great, so having Roy against me is the nail in the coffin before the games start!

- I don't know how to describe what Min has done this season, but it's uniquely his own. He's carved out this weird way of weaving through the neutral and offensive zones with these constant little meticulous movements that constantly changes angles and flows towards open space and away from oncoming defenders.It's a lot of fun to watch.

-

SabreFan1 -- Don't discount tehsluglord! He matches up against Brutus in the 1st round and I would not be surprised to see Buffalo advance!

Don't count out SabreFan1 because the constant lag and desyncs could get anyone off their game.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Witt(Dallas) beat jackandjose(Winnipeg) 4-3

Scores were:

5-1 Dallas

1-2 Winnipeg

4-5 Winnipeg

3-6 Winnipeg

5-4 Dallas

4-2 Dallas

3-1 Dallas

Good games and nice comeback Witt!!

• 2 weeks later...