NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Revisions

anyone know the differences in the revisions?

the only think i can remember one revision (which i figured would be the earliest one), the fighting you couldnt move freely left to right, it was more like nhl 92s fighting... and i remember someone had it on cartridge and around that time EA also had those gold "1st edition" stickers on the first wave of games

im pretty sure mine has the first edition sticker, but my fighting is normal, not the restricted movement one...

(i bought mine used so maybe i got the edition case but a second edition game)

hmmmm

http://escanabasucks.com/junk/nhlrevisionsx.bmp

Edited by 77

that jpg is nearly impossible to read. could you upload a png? obviously you couldn't convert that image, as the damage is done, but I'm curious to see the differences if you could take another capture.

Why are you not in our 93 leagues?

Here is what I know about different versions of the my favorite EASN/EA game.

I am not sure about the numbers or your pics in the hex editor, but I know from different cartridges I have that,

#1 Early versions had fighting like 92 and you could not move.

#2 Very late versions removed the EASN logo from center ice and everywhere else and replaced it with EA. I have one of these cartridges and boxes and even on the box it says EA as opposed to EASN.

#3 And this is the best of all...I could swear that a version exist where Craig MacTavish is not wearing a helmet.

I am going to check all my cartridges and see if I can find this.

post-3852-0-92752100-1371185904_thumb.jp

Glad I did not swear about MacTavish it was not in 93 (I checked all 5 of my cartridges) but a PS2 game (2K?) that if you played as a historic team the correct guys would not have helmets on. So like 94 Rangers they all had helmets except #14.

Sorry I will not be providing pics as I no longer have a PS2 or those games.

too cool. thanks, guys!

what about those images is the issue?

is it that they don't have sticks? just come out with it. I obviously tried to figure it out....

ah, yes. does it always do that?

thats ea default

and the top bench socks are wrong too

i never noticed til someone brought it up

id like someone to fix it...

AND I WANT MY EYES AND STICK PATCH FOR 30 TEAM 93!!!

damnit! why couldnt wboy used this one instead, looks nice =P

you know... NHL 92 is correct...

when a players goes to the north penalty box, he goes in the left side and sits at the very top seat on both benches

93 the top north bench is backwards, he enters and sits closest to the ref, thats why they dont stack right

Edited by 77

• 8 months later...

Wow, I knew about the later revision with the EASN changed to just EA, but I've never heard of the earlier one with the fixed position fighting like '92. Has that ROM been dumped?

And what was the deal with the white and grey labels on the cartridges? Did one come before the other, or were they just different runs produced at different factories?

....94 Rangers they all had helmets except #14....

who?