NHL'94 Forums

New Hampshire Amateur Hockey Association 13!

Seano7302

I finally finished, and am ready to have other people download this and play!

Here is some key features that I have in the game!

• 28 teams, 4 Regional All-Star Teams, and 24 Town teams!
  • In-depth ratings for each team, with all elite teams and all-star teams at 99.
  • One maxed out stats player per team! EXCEPT DOVER!!! They have two maxed out stats players. (The only team that beat my team while we were on a LONG winning streak.)
  • On some teams maxed out stats players aren't people I know so they have names like Ian Indian (Back Bay Indians).
  • I made the ice white............ I DON'T LIKE THE BLUE ICE OKAY!!!
  • Starting 7/12/13 for an In-Depth analysis on each team, check out www.s7302.weebly.com/nhaha-13-guide.html!

NHAHA13.bin

Edited by Seano7302

is there a reason you made a Genesis ROM when you prefer SNES?

Well, uh, I tried to make a SNES rom but I am 11, so using hex workshop was really over whelming, and I couldn't make the NHL 94 Editor work on windows 8, so I had to use NOSE.

And also I only prefer the SNES for consle play, with my keyboard, it's a lot easier on gens.

mow some lawns and save up for a controller or four. did you have any luck getting the dcx (or whatever it is) file downloaded? I replied to your other topic. anyway, welcome aboard!

mow some lawns and save up for a controller or four. did you have any luck getting the dcx (or whatever it is) file downloaded? I replied to your other topic. anyway, welcome aboard!

I will look for the file. Thanks for the warm welcome. (Said very unsarcasticaly)

I finished! You said you would check this out when I was done!

and I certainly will. I should have time this weekend. if you want to PM me on Friday to remind me, that may be a good idea.

pretty good stuff. I wasn't able to delve too far into this because I have that problem with Sega emulators that I've had with NES emulators. it just can't map any directional commands from my controllers correctly. I have another one to try, so I will, but I wanted to respond with my initial impressions.

4-on-4. is that how y'all really play? pretty cool. more open ice.

great use of colors. nice uniforms and ice color.

it seems like you have the fatigue set as quick and hard to recover from and I like that a lot. I don't play much Sega, so I'm not sure you changed anything like that, but it seems about right.

plenty to work on. get the player cards to show up in the menu. edit the team logos. fill out those rosters with real people! have you done any physics editing? I think you could lower the skills/ratings of nearly everybody, as I imagine y'all dont play at an NHL level.

good stuff! it's great to have another dedicated hacker here! keep making progress. read those edit threads and practice the hacking. you have the start of a great game. stick with this project.

pretty good stuff. I wasn't able to delve too far into this because I have that problem with Sega emulators that I've had with NES emulators. it just can't map any directional commands from my controllers correctly. I have another one to try, so I will, but I wanted to respond with my initial impressions.

4-on-4. is that how y'all really play? pretty cool. more open ice.

great use of colors. nice uniforms and ice color.

it seems like you have the fatigue set as quick and hard to recover from and I like that a lot. I don't play much Sega, so I'm not sure you changed anything like that, but it seems about right.

plenty to work on. get the player cards to show up in the menu. edit the team logos. fill out those rosters with real people! have you done any physics editing? I think you could lower the skills/ratings of nearly everybody, as I imagine y'all dont play at an NHL level.

good stuff! it's great to have another dedicated hacker here! keep making progress. read those edit threads and practice the hacking. you have the start of a great game. stick with this project.

No If its 4 on 4 it glitches. But I guess since we are all 5 feet tall in my age group, that is the amount of ice we have

hmm. I'm not sure why I had 4-on-4, then. also, goalie control is a must and weight bug fix is a must. I found it pretty annoying to see names like Defenseman. just call him Bobby Trufant or Jimmy Permann or Toby Hinzor. it's not like we know these kids you play against, anyway. if you could research the other teams' full rosters, that would be better. I made a ROM with full rosters or scrubs. 25 ratings in everything. it was surprisingly playable. I think if you gave your players 25-50 ratings -- with a rare 72 or 67 for the guys you expect to see playing professionally in a few years -- it would be a much more realistic (and better) game. again, great concept. it's obvious that you put some serious (and quick) effort into this. keep working on it.

hmm. I'm not sure why I had 4-on-4, then. also, goalie control is a must and weight bug fix is a must. I found it pretty annoying to see names like Defenseman. just call him Bobby Trufant or Jimmy Permann or Toby Hinzor. it's not like we know these kids you play against, anyway. if you could research the other teams' full rosters, that would be better. I made a ROM with full rosters or scrubs. 25 ratings in everything. it was surprisingly playable. I think if you gave your players 25-50 ratings -- with a rare 72 or 67 for the guys you expect to see playing professionally in a few years -- it would be a much more realistic (and better) game. again, great concept. it's obvious that you put some serious (and quick) effort into this. keep working on it.

So like the fifty goal scorers of the league get up to 72, while the bad teams have an average of 25, and the teams who had an early play-off elimination and also just missed the post season have 35, and the teams that lost in the semi finals have 40, the league runner up has 45, and the champs get 50. But some of the teams, I just looked up online so what about them?

Actually I had a finished game but restarted because I wanted to use 94 instead of 93, so almost all week, when I wasn't at summer camp, I was non stop working on this rom

and you did a great job. you definitely don't have to take my advice on the ratings scare, but I think something like what you described would be great. you'd probably want to give decent passing and good puck control to lots of players, or you'll have the puck bouncing off of skates all of the time, but things like agility, speed, awarenesses, checking, and reputation can be held pretty low to make it more realistic. unless you guys are the freaking tits, in which case ignore this advice and fly all over the ice like maniacs. I'm still working on getting a Genesis emulator to actually function correctly, but if I do, I would very much enjoy playing this game no matter what you do with it from here. you have done well, so far. I wish we had you on the SNES side of things! did you share your '93 ROM?

Actually I had a finished game but restarted because I wanted to use 94 instead of 93, so almost all week, when I wasn't at summer camp, I was non stop working on this rom

Remember that crazy rom ideas page? I think that nhaha 13 is 93.

and you did a great job. you definitely don't have to take my advice on the ratings scare, but I think something like what you described would be great. you'd probably want to give decent passing and good puck control to lots of players, or you'll have the puck bouncing off of skates all of the time, but things like agility, speed, awarenesses, checking, and reputation can be held pretty low to make it more realistic. unless you guys are the freaking tits, in which case ignore this advice and fly all over the ice like maniacs. I'm still working on getting a Genesis emulator to actually function correctly, but if I do, I would very much enjoy playing this game no matter what you do with it from here. you have done well, so far. I wish we had you on the SNES side of things! did you share your '93 ROM?

If it's a playoffs edition I want to do, turn up my aggression to a 99 (I got like 200 penalties and have only got a too many men before that even though I was on the bench (my dad is head coach)). But if my windows 8 starts working on snes editors, I will definitely make a snes rom. Also I found a site that generates random names so that will replace Dover Back-Up, Hollis Defenseman, etc.

is it not possible for you to find the real names of players in the league?

is it not possible for you to find the real names of players in the league?

Maybe. The rosters from last season aren't online because next season has a roster and schedule deadline that may have already passed.