NHL'94 Forums

Injuring Players with Goalie

I was playing 94 Genesis the other day. I used the goalie in Manual and body checked a player. The Player got injured for the Game, No Penalty was called. I believed I was the Canucks with Kirk McLean as Goalie.

What Factors/Stats would cause the Player t Get Injured?

interesting. I did not know this was possible. I did know it was possible to get called for a minor penalty (two minutes in the default SNES game) instead of a major (also two minutes in the default SNES game) for injuring, but I don't think I've ever seen it done by a force other than a nongoalie skater. as for the penalty call, I figure that because a goalie doesn't have that reputation/aggression rating, he's not eligible for a penalty. interesting topic! I'm excited to read further responses.

In roms where the goalie is hacked to go free, if a goalie hits another goalie he can injure the other goalie! It's very bizarre.

and ea never expected that to happen. when a goalie checks a goalie the sprite of the checked goalie switches to a regular checked player, but yeah goalies are pretty much invincible. that must be a glitch. i'm pretty sure if he didn't injure the skater, the skater would be called for interference.

My personal favorite is when you are on a breakaway, you deke the goalie for a sure goal, only to run into him injuring yourself, and the puck stops on the goal line as the whistle blows.

So you get robbed of a goal, one of your (usually) best players is out for the period, and there is no penalty. Makes me laugh every time, especially when your opponent congratulates you on a good move.

Guest goursie19

My personal favorite is when you are on a breakaway, you deke the goalie for a sure goal, only to run into him injuring yourself, and the puck stops on the goal line as the whistle blows.

So you get robbed of a goal, one of your (usually) best players is out for the period, and there is no penalty. Makes me laugh every time, especially when your opponent congratulates you on a good move.

happened to me in an actual game once. was 1-on-3 beat the first 2 up the boards and the 3rd right through the legs then the goalie pulls a hasek-esque move and pretty much flipped me. goalie gets no penalty and I end up with a minor concussion

If you don't know what a "hasek trip" is, click the link: