• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nhl94.arkku.net/playoffs.php?league=6

http://nhl94.arkku.net/playoffs.php?league=7

http://nhl94.arkku.net/playoffs.php?league=8

http://nhl94.arkku.net/playoffs.php?league=9

dcicon is correct in this case and I was surprised about it myself too as gdl has been run like it before and I don't like it as it puts me in unfair position in my opinion, but kingraph has the right to change how playoffs are done as a commissioner. One bad thing is though that the gdl site is built so that highest seed plays the lowest seed in every round and automatically updates the playoff tree like that (like you can see here: http://nhl94.arkku.net/playoffs.php?league=10)

My bad. Guess we all should read the rules before the season starts so no one is surprised.

I didn't but am not going to complain either way based on who i end up facing.

It's easy to criticize after the fact, but swos is in an "unfair" position because Frey isn't really a classic 6th seed. He was the favorite in the series with VC.

Had the situation been reversed, and say VC was the 6th seed and beat the #3 seed Freydey in a true upset, swos would not be in any "unfair" position. In fact, he would be lucky to be facing the lower seed.

I believe most times that a lower seed beats a top seed is because a better coach slacked and drew a lower seed, skewing the real standings. True upsets happen a lot less, and it's this reason I choose not to reseed, both in GDL and Classic. Chances are if a 6 beats a 3, that 6 was actually better.

Classic was already annouced with these rules so there will be no confusion. When a league changes rules right before the playoffs and people drop out so someone out of the playoffs can get in because that person slacked all season you can see why there might be some questioning of things.

Classic was already annouced with these rules so there will be no confusion. When a league changes rules right before the playoffs and people drop out so someone out of the playoffs can get in because that person slacked all season you can see why there might be some questioning of things.

Agreed but you're the only one questioning ANYTHING.

GDL has always reseeded.

kinda bush league move by raph to dodge freydey IMO.

This is why every league needs to use blitz's seeding system, points are used to determine if you MAKE the playoffs, pts% determines seeding. This would fix the "slacker 7 seed" problem as his points % would properly reflect his success in the regular season and make for more accurate seeding.

GDL has always reseeded.

kinda bush league move by raph to dodge freydey IMO.

This is why every league needs to use blitz's seeding system, points are used to determine if you MAKE the playoffs, pts% determines seeding. This would fix the "slacker 7 seed" problem as his points % would properly reflect his success in the regular season and make for more accurate seeding.

FYI, this decision was made before the playoff standings were determined. I never dodge anybody.

We also did the pts % to reseed 5-8.

Agreed but you're the only one questioning ANYTHING.

I questioned it. Putting a coach in the playoffs that didn't qualify because of slacking, made less and no sense. However, I figured you guys had a good reason and I moved on.

FYI, this decision was made before the playoff standings were determined. I never dodge anybody.

We also did the pts % to reseed 5-8.

LOL WAIT, you mean 2 weeks before when it was blatantly obvious Freydey was slacking his ass off and was gunna end up in bottom 4 in pts, meaning at best he would get the 8 seed, while you had all but locked up the 1 seed? That almost makes it worse lol

LOL WAIT, you mean 2 weeks before when it was blatantly obvious Freydey was slacking his ass off and was gunna end up in bottom 4 in pts, meaning at best he would get the 8 seed, while you had all but locked up the 1 seed? That almost makes it worse lol

That's garbage it was blatantly obvious zalex would too but he played his games. How is it dodging Frey, if they both win they face each other. This isn't new we did same thing in classic.

Frey technically missed the playoffs but an EXCEPTION was made when jay gladly stepped aside to let Frey in. If raph was really trying to stack things in his favor, don't u think there would not have been an exception?

Frey technically missed the playoffs but an EXCEPTION was made when jay gladly stepped aside to let Frey in. If raph was really trying to stack things in his favor, don't u think there would not have been an exception?

Still makes no sense, but anyways...Yeah, I'm with you on the raph thing. I don't see him stacking or manipulating the draw in his favor.

You know this could all be avoided if coaches would play ALL their games. A popular league like GDL should have no problem replacing slackers and getting at least 99% of games played. I guarantee you Frey would have played all his games had he thought he would be replaced.

Edited by jackandjose

If this is the norm from here on out you might as well have everyone make the playoffs.

That's garbage it was blatantly obvious zalex would too but he played his games. How is it dodging Frey, if they both win they face each other. This isn't new we did same thing in classic.

I'm just saying it was a very coy play by raph. Lets look at the facts. He makes a post changing rules with two weeks left in the season, when he has the #1 seed sewn up, and its obvious at the time that the only way Frey was making the playoffs is sneaking into the bottom 4 playoff spots after DNPs.

So he puts out a rule saying only the bottom 4 spots are determined by pt%, guaranteeing that if he did manage to make it, frey would be the 6 seed based on pt% and this new, made up rule. But then the problem arises that if he wins his r1, and swos takes out the 7 seed, he would still have freydey round 2! so he adds ANOTHER made up rule that gdl suddenly doesn't reseed (which is has done forever) ?? I don't know about you but that seems like an awfully big coincidence to perfectly let a guy avoid the coach who knocked him out of the finals in a previous gdl.. espically considering what a smart guy Raph is.

I'm just saying it was a very coy play by raph. Lets look at the facts. He makes a post changing rules with two weeks left in the season, when he has the #1 seed sewn up, and its obvious at the time that the only way Frey was making the playoffs is sneaking into the bottom 4 playoff spots after DNPs.

So he puts out a rule saying only the bottom 4 spots are determined by pt%, guaranteeing that if he did manage to make it, frey would be the 6 seed based on pt% and this new, made up rule. But then the problem arises that if he wins his r1, and swos takes out the 7 seed, he would still have freydey round 2! so he adds ANOTHER made up rule that gdl suddenly doesn't reseed (which is has done forever) ?? I don't know about you but that seems like an awfully big coincidence to perfectly let a guy avoid the coach who knocked him out of the finals in a previous gdl.. espically considering what a smart guy Raph is.

I also shot JFK.

Believe what you want, but the truth is I had no such grand master plan to make my playoff path easier by creating rules to avoid freydey. I'm still not sure if you're joking or not, this idea is so outrageous.

I also shot JFK.

Believe what you want, but the truth is I had no such grand master plan to make my playoff path easier by creating rules to avoid freydey. I'm still not sure if you're joking or not, this idea is so outrageous.

If you had made these rule changes halfway through the season there might not be an issue but your rule change about win% lets you avoid freydey and your rule change about not reseeding lets you avoid freydey. It obvious to me and others.... Just own up to it.

If you had made these rule changes halfway through the season there might not be an issue but your rule change about win% lets you avoid freydey and your rule change about not reseeding lets you avoid freydey. It obvious to me and others.... Just own up to it.

Dickbreath, Frey wasn't even in th...

whatever...

I was gonna respond, but realized I'm dealing with a douchebag.

End of discussion for me.

Update:

kingraph/Zalex series is completed.

swos/Freydey series is completed.

Ice/Bo will be playing Monday night (or Tuesday night)

Carse -- when can you play Plabax?

Plabax will be updating the GDL site soon to get the playoff schedules updated.

GUYZZZZZZZZZZZZ......swos and I sleeping over here. It shouldn't take two weeks to play your series. Bo went on vacation, fine, but Carse? Why the delay?

Whoever runs GDL XI needs to put in playoff deadlines. This is whack.