NHL'94 Forums

How do you change the color from those warped colors to normal in Tyle Molester?

I'm trying to get into the ice logos, start up lgos and banners.

I got tm because I didn't like tlp because the colors

I'm trying to get into the ice logos, start up lgos and banners.

I got tm because I didn't like tlp because the colors

For the ice logos, each team has it's own "internal pallette". I'm assuming you're using the 30 team rom? If so, here's how to do it in Tile Molester -

1. Ice logos - Open up NOSE (v1.2b) and go to "strips". Lets say you're on Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Now, you see right above the player? It says "home strip offset hex". OK look to the top left side of the screen. See those 2 tiny buttons up there that say "hex" and "dec" in blue lettering? Click on "dec". Now look above the player again, and it will now say "home strip offset dec". For anaheim, it's "01952334". You don't need the "0". Just type "1952334" when ready.

OK now go open up Tile Molester. Go to the top of the page and click "view" then "codec" and switch to "4bpp linear". Now go over to "pallette" then "format" and click it to "9bpp BGR (Genesis)". Now go to "pallette" again and click "byte order" and click "motorola". Go to "pallette" AGAIN and click on "import>from this file".

In this box, you'll see "offset" "size" "format" " and "byte order". Type in the "1952334" number we discussed in the above paragraph for format. For "size" type in "64". For "format" click "9bpp BGR". And for "byte order" click "motorola".

Now go to "image" and "canvas size". Where it says "columns" type "6" and for "rows" type 30.

Now that you're rows and colums are set up, I'd suggest "zooming in" on the picture. Click the magnifying glass icon on the left a few times to make the picture bigger, so you can see better. Now, go to the top of the screen and click "navigate" and then "go to". Where it says "offset" type in "1d5e00". This is about where the first ice logo is! Anaheim should be on top, but it will be scrambled up a bit. Go to the top of the screen, and click the last button towards the right. It looks like a plus symbol [+]. Click on that a few times, until the logo comes out perfect. Now look at your keyboard. See the "up down left right" pad? Click on the right (or left) pad a few times, until the image is perfectly aligned. Now go to the top of the screen and click "view" and click on "tile grid" to make editing the picture a bit easier. When you want to the next team logo (underneath anaheim) simply go back to "pallette" then "import>this file" and type in the decimal code for the next team. That code can be found in NOSE, which we discussed in earlier paragraphs.

*START UP LOGOS*

For start up logos, use the same setting as above. Except go to "pallette" and then "import from>this file" and type in "1868270" for "offset" and next to that where it says "size" type in "480" and where it says "format" click "9bpp BGR" and for "byte order" click on "motorola".

Now go to the top of the screen, and click "navigate>go to" and then type in "1c7538". This is about where the first "selection screen" logo is (once again anaheim). To descramble, use the same method we discussed earlier for the ice logos.

Now you'll notice the color is not right. To find the right colors for each logo, look on the bottom left of the screen. See the 16 boxes with colors? To the right and left of these boxes are arrows. Simply click on the right (or left) arrow until you find the right color for the logo! There are 30 pallette colors, I believe. 1 for each team. Just keep clicking until the right colors come up!

I'll go over banner tomorrow. I'm tired!!! Which banners you want to edit? The in-game banners? Or start up screen ones?

For the ice logos, each team has it's own "internal pallette". I'm assuming you're using the 30 team rom? If so, here's how to do it in Tile Molester -

1. Ice logos - Open up NOSE (v1.2b) and go to "strips". Lets say you're on Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Now, you see right above the player? It says "home strip offset hex". OK look to the top left side of the screen. See those 2 tiny buttons up there that say "hex" and "dec" in blue lettering? Click on "dec". Now look above the player again, and it will now say "home strip offset dec". For anaheim, it's "01952334". You don't need the "0". Just type "1952334" when ready.

OK now go open up Tile Molester. Go to the top of the page and click "view" then "codec" and switch to "4bpp linear". Now go over to "pallette" then "format" and click it to "9bpp BGR (Genesis)". Now go to "pallette" again and click "byte order" and click "motorola". Go to "pallette" AGAIN and click on "import>from this file".

In this box, you'll see "offset" "size" "format" " and "byte order". Type in the "1952334" number we discussed in the above paragraph for format. For "size" type in "64". For "format" click "9bpp BGR". And for "byte order" click "motorola".

Now go to "image" and "canvas size". Where it says "columns" type "6" and for "rows" type 30.

Now that you're rows and colums are set up, I'd suggest "zooming in" on the picture. Click the magnifying glass icon on the left a few times to make the picture bigger, so you can see better. Now, go to the top of the screen and click "navigate" and then "go to". Where it says "offset" type in "1d5e00". This is about where the first ice logo is! Anaheim should be on top, but it will be scrambled up a bit. Go to the top of the screen, and click the last button towards the right. It looks like a plus symbol [+]. Click on that a few times, until the logo comes out perfect. Now look at your keyboard. See the "up down left right" pad? Click on the right (or left) pad a few times, until the image is perfectly aligned. Now go to the top of the screen and click "view" and click on "tile grid" to make editing the picture a bit easier. When you want to the next team logo (underneath anaheim) simply go back to "pallette" then "import>this file" and type in the decimal code for the next team. That code can be found in NOSE, which we discussed in earlier paragraphs.

*START UP LOGOS*

For start up logos, use the same setting as above. Except go to "pallette" and then "import from>this file" and type in "1868270" for "offset" and next to that where it says "size" type in "480" and where it says "format" click "9bpp BGR" and for "byte order" click on "motorola".

Now go to the top of the screen, and click "navigate>go to" and then type in "1c7538". This is about where the first "selection screen" logo is (once again anaheim). To descramble, use the same method we discussed earlier for the ice logos.

Now you'll notice the color is not right. To find the right colors for each logo, look on the bottom left of the screen. See the 16 boxes with colors? To the right and left of these boxes are arrows. Simply click on the right (or left) arrow until you find the right color for the logo! There are 30 pallette colors, I believe. 1 for each team. Just keep clicking until the right colors come up!

I'll go over banner tomorrow. I'm tired!!! Which banners you want to edit? The in-game banners? Or start up screen ones?

Wow thanks a lot dude! I was thinking both banners