NHL'94 Forums

SNES Player Attribute Survey

kingraph

• 3 years later...
On ‎2013‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 2:02 PM, kingraph said:

And here's a link to a google doc where you can input your own attribute values to get your own custom ratings. Just input your values in the green cells (whatever you want them to be) and the player pivot will update automatically. There's an orange cell that you can copy/paste to scale everything back to 100 for the top player if you wish.

I suggest making a copy for yourself so people don't overwrite...it's open for everyone to use: NHL'94 Player Rating Sheet

An insane amount of credit to smozoma, whose blitz player sheet and ratings formula was the basis for this file!!!

Bumping this thread because this is an awesome tool for creating your own player rankings.

I do have one question about it though. Once I start changing the attribute values (e.g. change weight value from 0 to 5), the overall rating scale gets out of whack. For example, some players end up with overall ratings that are around 170, rather than 100 and below. What am I doing wrong?

11 minutes ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Bumping this thread because this is an awesome tool for creating your own player rankings.

I do have one question about it though. Once I start changing the attribute values (e.g. change weight value from 0 to 5), the overall rating scale gets out of whack. For example, some players end up with overall ratings that are around 170, rather than 100 and below. What am I doing wrong?

Once you input all of your ratings, you have to normalize the scale to make the top rated guy 100.  There is a number for each position (F,D,G) on row 20 that is highlighted in orange.  Once you're done with your custom scale, type that number into the Scale (row 2), also highlighted in Orange.  That will normalize the rankings where the top rated guy is 100. 

11 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Once you input all of your ratings, you have to normalize the scale to make the top rated guy 100.  There is a number for each position (F,D,G) on row 20 that is highlighted in orange.  Once you're done with your custom scale, type that number into the Scale (row 2), also highlighted in Orange.  That will normalize the rankings where the top rated guy is 100. 

Gotcha, thanks!