NHL'94 Forums

Hitz 93 Game Results

CoachMac

Blitzburgh and I played the first pre-season games tonight.

I do not need the Pre-season scores reported but I do once we start the season next week in this format.

Either report in this thread or send me a PM.

I do not need Individual Game scores!

Required Stats to report:

W-L-T Results

Pittsburgh 1-1-0

Edmonton 1-1-0

Cumulative GF

Pittsburgh 14 Edmonton 11

Fight stats

Pitt 1-1

Edm 1-1

I would encourage you to keep your own players Individual Stats if you want to and we can report at the end of the season.

Just get a save state of each game and write it down in a notebook like in the olden days.

Again this is completely optional

3 Toronto Home games played:

W-L-T Results

Toronto 3-0-0

Washington 0-3-0

Cumulative GF

Toronto 14 Washington 6

Fight stats

Tor 3-0

Was 0-3

1 game played in Pittsburgh:

W-L-T Results

Toronto 1-0-0

Pittsburgh 0-1-0

Cumulative GF

Toronto 8 Pittsburgh 2

Fight stats

Tor 1-0

Pit 0-1

2 games played in Pittsburgh:

W-L-T Results

Toronto 2-0-0

Pittsburgh 0-2-0

Cumulative GF

Toronto 15 Pittsburgh 9

Fight stats

Tor 1-1-1

Pit 1-1-1

3 Games played, Pittsburgh at Washington for all 3

Pittsburgh 3-0-0

Washington 0-0-3

GF: Pittsburgh 25

Washington 7

Fights: Pittsburgh 1-0-2

Washington 0-1-2

Edited by BlitzburghLabs66

3 Washington Home games played:

W-L-T Results

Toronto 3-0-0

Washington 0-3-0

Cumulative GF

Toronto 22 Washington 13

Fight stats

Tor 0-0-3

Was 0-0-3

INSANITY is dropping out of blitz. Credit blitzburgh with the win in our 3rd game as he was up 4-0. He took 3 games from me at his house.

I didn't know line changes would be on in this league. Its been brutal I just cant take it. Even the games I've won have just not been fun at all. Its like going to the dentist. The players skate like theyre in mud and its impossible for me to do any of my moves.

Apologies for this. I won't ever join a league again. I just cant take it. And for whatever reason everytime my players went in to check someone, theyd bounce right off yet my players went down like feathers if you even breathed on them.

Apologies. I wont join anymore leagues.

Edited by insanity

Played 9 games tonight, first 3 were vs NYR (Insanity):

PIT 3-0-0 NYR 0-0-3

GF: PIT 17 NYR 6

FIGHTS: PIT 2-1-0 NYR 1-2-0

Next 6 were vs BOS (Kashim):

PIT 5-1-0 BOS 1-5-0

GF: PIT 53 BOS 21

FIGHTS: PIT 4-1-1 BOS 1-4-1

INSANITY is dropping out of blitz. Credit blitzburgh with the win in our 3rd game as he was up 4-0. He took 3 games from me at his house.

I didn't know line changes would be on in this league. Its been brutal I just cant take it. Even the games I've won have just not been fun at all. Its like going to the dentist. The players skate like theyre in mud and its impossible for me to do any of my moves.

Apologies for this. I won't ever join a league again. I just cant take it. And for whatever reason everytime my players went in to check someone, theyd bounce right off yet my players went down like feathers if you even breathed on them.

Apologies. I wont join anymore leagues.

Ah, don't quit bud.

The line-change stuff is new this season - and I know what you mean about sluggish players, but you need to learn to coach it. Set new lines if needed, change on the fly if you can. Both teams are up against the same problem, but between your 2 lines you should never have all players slugged out.

Best thing to do is keep your shifts short. If you're not scoring, make sure your goalie holds the puck to get the change. You can also conserve energy by reducing the mashing of the C button for both hitting and speed boost.

When we had no line changes, it was just a deke-fest at least now the best players get tired.

As for hitting, most of your players are border-line for weight - no real heavies - and with the weight fix, you need some beef to knock guys over. Playing with your team, I'd use the C button to escape checks and the B button to stick check rather than try and knock guys over. Your skill guys in particular, need to avoid being demolished.

Play some exis to get this stuff ironed out, then show us your moves.

Edited by jer_33

I don't think he needs practice.

I think he hates playing the league's version of the '93 game.

He clearly had some of the best skill set in the league when I played him, and his team didn't seem to mesh well w/ his style because I don't think he was aware of the effect of the weight bug fix in a draft.

I AM very surprised to see someone NOT know we were drafting line changes, but log in & do an entire draft!!>!@K!:@LK#

I don't know if swearing off joining other leagues is really necessary as much as reading all the rules prior to signing up for a league. I wouldn't mind seeing dude finish out a league games, as it's only a small amount left anyhow.

Insanity is the same person who quit classic a few seasons ago because he drafted the NYR and was getting killed in the A league (he won GENS B previous year). Take that for what it's worth.

Also note that was the same year TK took over NYR and lost to Carse's Canucks in the finals in 7.

That means Coach Mac is not held "suspect" for his lack of proper commissioner background checks!!!

Come on coach!

Last year, Nancy quits in the finals, and this year, you got Unsantiy quitting mid-season.

You are starting to lose some of your mystique there bud :)

Insanity is the same person who quit classic a few seasons ago because he drafted the NYR and was getting killed in the A league (he won GENS B previous year). Take that for what it's worth.

Also note that was the same year TK took over NYR and lost to Carse's Canucks in the finals in 7.

ahh okay I was thinking he was that lunatic nhpla93dynamocr0ssbar guy lol. I thought people weren't allowed multiple accounts?

I had a great trip to Lake Louise with my daughter.

Met Lindsey Vonn, Tina Maze, Julia Mancuso, Stacy Cook, Maria Riesch, etc...

Skiing was good and super cold.

Canadians are awesome and the Canadian Rockies are my favorite place on earth.

Every time I go I hate coming home and I live in pretty incredible place.

Anyway I write all this to take my mind off and keep from writing what I think about another quitter.

I am back and will get everything updated tonight.

Played last 3 games at NYR vs Kingraph

PIT 3-0-0

NYR 0-3-0

GF: PIT 33 NYR 13

FIGHTS: PIT 2-2

NYR 2-2

GGS KINGER