NHL'94 Forums

Hitz 93 Super Season so Far

CoachMac

I said it last season, these small draft leagues rock. Interest is high as you can roll right from the draft to "preseason" to playing games. It's the playoffs that everyone wants to play - so a quick regular season sure beats trying to track down 20 other GMs.

Great job again, coach.

2 weeks left in the Regular Season.

We are losing a little mo here.

132 of 168 games complete = 79%

Brutus 6 games left vs Mav

Jer33 Season complete

Coach Mac 3 games left vs Mav

Jack and Jose 12 games left (6 with Mav/6 with KingRaph)

Blitzburgh 3 games left with Mav

KingRaph 12 games left (6 with JackandJose/6 with Kashim)

Kashim 12 games left (6 with KingRaph/6 with Mav)

Mav 24 games left (6 with Brutus/6 with JackandJose/6 with Kashim/3 with CoachMac/3 with Blitzburgh)

I am not going to mess with DNP's or subtracting points.

Regular Season ends on Jan 1, 2014.

Playoffs begin that day as well.

1st round deadline Jan 10

Semi's deadline Jan 20

Finals deadline Jan 31

Great job! Lets finish strong.

It is gonna get tough to fing guys during holidays so get em in now.

I've been in 3 small leagues.

The 1st one, I was a sub in Mac's '93 league. That was a lot of fun, but Nancy quit in the finals, so it kind of had a sour ending.

The 2nd one, a small draft with Seano, who I have since re-named Sean_out, as he didn't even play his games, and he was the commish!! 4 of the 6 guys played their games, and it was fun, until the league just becomes defunct.

The 3rd one, is this one. '93 again w/ Mac. Needed a few replacements, and most of the guys got right on their games, so no delay from pre-season, heavy action right away, etc. The one sub was able to be found right away, and most of the guys are finishing their games fairly ahead of schedule. However, Mav doesn't seem to want to finish his games early, which is fine, as a schedule was setup, so the league is to drag towards the end, and might even end up with some un-played games.

Overall, less guys gives you less chance to have MIA & all that, but when the guys do go MIA, it hurts much more.

And, to me, the league always seem to be based off the guy running it more than anything. He controls the rules, who gets in, who stays in, and all the schedules.

This league has gone way beyond what I expected.

I think I have it down now if I run a third league.

1 week for Draft.

1 month for Regular season.

1 month for Playoffs

The Original deadlines were:

18 games by Jan 1.

42 games by Feb 1.

Playoffs over by March 1.

I have changed that to;

42 games by Jan 1.......I would love to get this done even sooner.

Playoffs over by Feb 1.

It is gonna be a great Playoffs!

99.9 % sure that won't happen.

Current Playoff Picture

1st Round 1-1 thru 1-10 Semi-Finals 1-10 thru 1-20

Wales #2 NY Rangers (KingRaph) Campbell #1 Chicago (Brutus)

WC #1 Edmonton (CoachMac) NY/EDM winner

Campbell #2 Toronto (Jer33) Wales #1 Pittsburgh (Labs)

WC #2 Boston (Kashim) TOR/BOS winner

Montreal (Mav) and Washington (JackandJose) are still in the hunt for a playoff berth.

Teams in Bold have clinched their playoff position.

Everyone is still in the Playoff hunt.

well guess what i will be playing tonight after the habs gm that is.

like what coach said

needing to play J&J, Brutus, coach, Kashim, and Mr. Labs (leaving him for last LOL)

I just need to find the mojo I had in the one game I held you to 4-3 and play that way.

Believe me the thought of taking down you and the King along the way to winning my own league is intoxicating.

Anyway, I guess I see that as the problem with these leagues and life in general.

And yes it is getting worse.

People lose and then they quit.

It is simple math, half of the results have to go in the "L" column of any league.

For someone to go 10-0 someone else has to go 0-10.

I've been on both ends of it in real life so I am OK on both ends of it in EA Hockey.

It really is about having FUN and doing what KingRaph has in his signature about playing a 20 year old video game.

The only reason I bought a computer or use a computer is for this game.

And yes Virginia you can have fun and lose.

Nancy and lots of other folks around here (whereever we are right now) only think it is fun if they get to win.

That is why the draft and early season of all these leagues is so active and exciting and then it tapers off and dies.

Killing the playoffs that should be the most fun of all.

I believe we have found the 8 "right" guys for this 93 Hitz League. I know I thought the same thing at the beginning of the season and we had to replace 2 but it is working out.

And Yeah Mav has been awesome. Great guy to deal with. Not sure what any issue might have been with him anywhere else.

I hope we can find some more as I know they are out there.

This also is really not a small league. Most of Classic leagues turn out with 10-12 guys...We've got 8.

The guys who run Classic are incredible and I am not quite sure how they do it and put up with the BS they seem to have to put up with.

Or why they give people so many chances...I guess they are much kinder than I.

Mav, do you ever play during the day or just at night?

both day and night but usually i see on aim no one is around during the day/afternoon. so i play at night. Im guessing you wanna ga but the schedules arent matching up right?