NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Hitz Playoffs

CoachMac

Congrats KingRaph!.....another Cup championship....damn. On a roll. Good season to all, can't wait for Season 2! (You're mine Kinger! Haha)

Edited by LABS_66

NHLPA 93 Hitz Season 1 Summary

Stanley Cup--KingRaph NYR

Conn Smythe Trophy--KingRaph NYR

Presidents Trophy--Brutus CHI

Richard Trophy--Brutus CHI

Jennings Trophy--Brutus CHI

Mr. Byng Trophy Trophy--Jer33 TOR

Calder Trophy--Labs66 PIT

Post other award Nominations here.

Edited by CoachMac

Good series Raph. Fun to watch the videos, and see the turning points in the games. Definitely got the better of me, and a well earned trophy.

Game 1, felt the turning point was end of the second, when I blew a goal w/ Chiason that I normally score, and Raph went right back, and popped in a goal, making it 8-5, instead of 7-6 and then gets a B shot from half ice.

Game 2 losing Iafrate in a fight for the game is just dumb. Cost me big in the 3rd period as Fedorov skates by his backup off the face off for the game winning goal.

Game 3, it's a tight game, and I miss a few in a row that are score-able goals in '93, and then take Iafrate in to try to get that goal finally, only to get stripped and left my backend wide open to Raph's Gartner or Fedorov break away. Next goal is a B shot from half ice, and I'm done for the game.

Good series Raph. Congrats again.

Side note, I liked how Raph was able to adjust his lineup after having played some games. Think it was a neat thing and a bonus feature to a guy for being a replacement coach.

I think having a 1st & 2nd half with mid-season trading & drop/adds would be a nice feature. Plus, gets you to play your opponent more and have more than 1 night of games against a dude. Like, I played Raph a month ago with a different roster, and now I'm in the finals playing a team I've not seen before, or a style.

To me, that'd be a better "season", imo.

BUT EITHER WAY, 100% GREAT JOB MAC. I think you did a great job AGAIN as a commish. Love playing in your leagues. Feel you get things setup on time, follow through with schedules, and make adjustments as needed.

Prince of Wales Trophy : KingRaph

Clarence Campbell Trophy : Brutus

Vezina Trophy : Brutus

Great Season! Completed in 50 days from start of draft to awarding the Stanley Cup.

Incredible group of Buds.

Web-site updated with End of season awards.

Added Calder Trophy for Labs66 and Changed the fighting Trophy to the Mr. Byng Trophy.

http://oldtimevideogamesports.webs.com/

Watch for more Hitz League's coming soon.

NHLPA Hitz 93 Season 2.

Hitz 94.

NHLPA Hitz Classic (Even Checking).

Edited by CoachMac

Great job King, congrats.

@Coach, would the structure for Hitz '94 be the same, just without fighting? How would the draft work without tough guys?

Really thought I was going to hate line-changes, (definitely hate it in the classic rom), but with only two lines I thought it was pretty cool. Added just a sniff of additional strategy.

• 4 months later...

Was watching Game 1. Modano scores simultaneously with the horn with 0:00 on the clock. Never seen that before. Seen many times where the horn goes just as the puck is about to cross and the puck falls flat on the goalline, no goal. Was there a trick pulled or something to make it count by hitting Start to the Menu screen, or was that a coincidence?

Also, just prior, it looks like the Rangers try and make the b-pass shot through the goalies legs. Accident or legal move in Blitz?