NHL'94 Forums

Having more than 149 player card pictures?

I was messing around with player cards/pictures, and have been successful in changing them per wboy's old guide.

His guide shows the locations for the 149 player pictures in the original rom. How/where do you add more pictures for bigger roms and for more teams and players?

I assume with the 30 team rom at 2MB, there is plenty of space, and clockwise does it with his hacks.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

If you open up a 2MB 30-team ROM with tile molester, you'll find that the ROM already is full of extra player card pictures. I grabbed a Blitz 07 ROM, and they are from around 00120294 (hex) to around 001C6622. So about 1/3 of the whole ROM is actually player card pictures.

You can use them as usual, as explained in wboy's picture card tutorial, but you'll have to figure out the offsets manually as far as I know (by getting the image lined up nicely in Tile Molester then checking the offset). To set the picture location in the ROM, you need to subtract 10(dec) or A(hex) from the image location you found in Tile Molester.

It'll be compatible with EARE, too, if you read the special player card instruction text file included in EARE.