NHL'94 Forums

GOOD AFTERNOON MRS RAPH. CAN KING COME OUT TO PLAY PLEASE?

LA Robbie

SHOULD KING PLAY BLITZ 08?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD KING PLAY BLITZ 08?

• Yes, he's the league commissioner we all signed up for
    • No, it's his choice.........and it improves my chances of gold!!!

Don't know about anyone else, but i'm really disappointed with KingRaph's decision not to play in Blitz 08.

Apart from being "Bud of the year" for his commitment to the community, helping out noobs, assisting in running leagues etc, he's also just a really top guy.

Me personally, I feel like King should be involved as the guy who was gonna originally be the commissioner for this league. We all signed up to this in the knowledge that the Blitz legacy was in good hands. As we signed up with that knowledge the commitment should be followed through on. We all know he's the best guy for the commish job in this league........probably the only guy.

All that aside this is one of the best players in the community we're talking about, and he's also put together probably the best Blitz roster of all time for this league. It seems such a shame for that to be lost, and it definitely takes away from the league if one of it's top players, with the top team isn't there.

We all know that maybe there's a personality clash & a bit of friction between King & someone else here, but really I would expect him to be able to be the bigger man here & rise above that. Work something out so minimal communication is required once the league starts.

All I know is this league won't be as good without you King. Won't be as well run, and will be missing one of the best players.

SO TO FINISH, I REPEAT, FOR THE GOOD OF THE LEAGUE & THE COMMUNITY: PLAY KING PLAY!!!!

................but if he doesn't, can I have Dallas? :grimace:

Bok always knows.

I suggest plabax run the league. He's done the work to get a new site / fix the uploader (I'm not sure which, buy I assume a new site) and has the start date set for a little after next week. So I assume he also has the schedule, checkpoints, penalties, etc set.

Robbie, I also suggest you assist. You have the Blitz passion and can help guide this thing through if needed.

Appreciate it guys, maybe next season.

can you just say why youre leaving, other than the fear of playing in a league where carse and i are involved?

can you just say why youre leaving, other than the fear of playing in a league where carse and i are involved?

LOL. Nice! Quite the contrary...you know I enjoy playing against the top guys more than anything. And I was looking forward to sweeping you in the finals as revenge for Blitz 07!

But obviously I have zero tolerance left for Plabax's antics and his disrespectful attitude towards me and pretty anyone he ever comes into contact with.

I really hope everything goes well, but dealing with the whole Blitz situation over the last few months was the worst '94 experience I ever had. Easiest thing for me is to avoid it, even if it means missing out on Blitz.

Even now -- What is the website? Are the stats and history transferred over? Who is in and who is out? Who is on the waitlist and what teams do they want? Etc.

I have just started a new job & moved city. I dont think i'll have time for more than playin commitments.

We all know ur the best man for this King. Wud benefit everyone, including you playing wise if we could work something out for you

I know I have only been around a few months now, but I feel like I have gotten a good handle on who are the really good buds on this site and the ones that you just have to let roll off your shoulder. Kinger you seem like a great dude, who shares the passion for video game hockey like I have for so many years. I was ecstatic when I came upon this league searching on the web. You definitely do alot for this site and everyone in it. You helped me out and even showed me some tricks during our exhibs. (You just didn't know it, lol) Anyway, I don't know who you have had issues with in the past but don't let some doushe ruin your fun. Again I don't know what went down but like Robbie said.....ignore them. In life you can't please everyone, I live by that rule everyday. I also live by "to be the best, you have to beat the best"....and from what I see and hear, you are one of them if not THE one. I know I would like a shot at being the best so please play for the FUN of the game and F' the idiots.

Guys, I'm 1000% in agreement that Raph is bud/dude of the year, whatever, and a welcomed addition to any league, and in this case, an already vital existing member.

Cool cat who put a lot of effort into the '94 site and that Blitz league.

Preciously that is probably why someone who cares about how things are done would not want to cross with someone, who in their opinion, does not. And, this a league that's already done roll call more than once, so I think actually showing a working site, league, etc would probably be a better point of focus over whether or not Raph is there at the start.

In fact, if it helps, I'd be happy to be a temporary sub until he changes his mind & comes back. At which point and time, I'd return to my spot on the waiting list for the following season. If that doesn't help anyone, I'm ok w/ resuming my spot on the wait list.

Not scapegoatin anyone. I feel disappointednin King more than anyone else tbh. For me he's integral to this league. I'm disappointed that he's dropping because of such issues.

Really hope it can be sorted out. Guy's a great community member & I think he's hurtin himself as much as the league if he drops. I signed up withbthe confidence that someone was running it who understood the legacy of the league & I kinda feel cheated that the person I trusted to do a great job is now walkin.

Personally i don't think the league will b as good without him & I hope he reconsiders.

Again, not blaming anyone. Ultimately it's his decision regardless of any other influences

That is not what I meant by scapegoating. This is what I mean :

Raph - Great Reputation, loved by everybody

Plabax - Bad Reputation, hated by some.. but hated the most by select moderators :glare:

Since people think that I'm a mean nasty rat that will chase everybody away, as long as Raph includes "Plabax" in his reason to leave Blitz it will be viewed as a very acceptable reason for leaving.

I do not think this is the reason for him leaving because he took so long to tell us WHY. It is more believable that he was thinking of a good excuse for a while but when finally asked to give his reason he just had to give the best one he had thought up in his mind. How can Raph have "zero tolerance" left for my "antics"?

What is Raph's problem dealing with the Blitz situation? I volunteered to do ALL THE WORK and he is whining about it. I was doing everything -- he did not have to do a single task and I had already completed EVERYTHING when he suddenly decided to throw my work in the garbage. To this day I still don't know WHY he cut me off and I still don't know why he has a problem when I bring my "disrespectful" attitude towards him.

This reason is such bullshit because Raph had already signed up on my website to participate in Blitz and when I asked him the conversation went like this :

Plabax (8:52:41 PM):you still in blitz?

King Raph (9:04:23 PM):yee

Plabax (9:04:43 PM):register but don't login :-)

King Raph (9:05:52 PM):done

Just look guys! This conversation is after I had been banned TWICE for my "disrespectful attitude"..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you think it's odd that someone who is so fed up with me was playing some 2on2 exis with me like 2 minutes ago?

Edited by PlabaxV2

I responded to why I was leaving after Frey asked...I didn't know it was a big deal.

I have no problem playing games.

Instead of spending time writing up paragraphs analyzing why you think I'm not playing (flattering that you care so much) , why not do something useful and inform people of the Blitz situation? Perhaps an update to the roll call/waitlist situation? Or reveal the new site?

I have reason to care about you not playing because your reason is centered around ME. I have all the right to call you out because it wasn't long ago when you were excited to come play Blitz with your buddy Plabax so I don't appreciate the fact that you can just come out randomly and say you have "zero tolerance" for my antics.. You can at least come out and say "I am burned out from '94.. Maybe next year guys..". You destroyed all my old work on the Blitz '94 site but you don't see me quitting and crying that I'm tired of your "antics".. Instead I at least tried to rebuild everything from SCRATCH (except for some of the uploader). I'm not a little sissy 10-year old girl so I don't resort to the little sissy techniques like blocking, banning and running away from people..

I mean you can try and insult me for caring so much.. But when I quit classic you went on a rampage and said I am now banned for LIFE. A little bit hypocritical if you ask me, and it is a bit disappointing that the " '94 Bud of the Year " is not a very honest/fair person.. Especially when it is towards the guy who is the heart and soul of GDL AND Blitz. :electric_shock:

Edited by PlabaxV2

Hehe but king,if youre out of managing, the only thing you would have to care about is playing your games..its your call dude but your stepping out of a very good challenging league..why don't you just stay in and leave if things get screwed up?

Hehe but king,if youre out of managing, the only thing you would have to care about is playing your games..its your call dude but your stepping out of a very good challenging league..why don't you just stay in and leave if things get screwed up?

This is a great chance to win arguably the best league. Frey hasn't won anything in 12 years, Carse hasn't been around in a while and hasn't won a lg since 2012, you proved you can beat Ice in gens A, and Plabax's inflated head is overrated :D

Totally your call though dude

This is a great chance to win arguably the best league. Frey hasn't won anything in 12 years, Carse hasn't been around in a while and hasn't won a lg since 2012, you proved you can beat Ice in gens A, and Plabax's inflated head is overrated :D

Totally your call though dude

hey

im the defending champ biaatch!

From now, you'll adress me as Monsieur Freydey you cheap-ass-connection-ontarian-scum-bag

LOL @ TK.

Alright, I'll play, but only play. I'll leave all the admin stuff to the heart and soul of Blitz. Sorry for all the drama...even though you guys love this crap. :lol:

All the admin stuff = setting 6 checkpoints and watching them -- kupuck was able to do it in GDL X.. Any volunteers?

I nominate Monsieur Freydey you cheap-ass-connection-ontarian-scum-bag. (Did I get the name right?)

freydey isnt ontarian but LOL