NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 08 B Preseason Power Rankings

PRoBob38

Just some preseason rankings thrown together for the fun of it. Hopefully this creates a lot of drama, considering some people on this site I feel pretty confident this will do just that. :victory:

These will be done under the assumption that brutus is in for witt's SJ team, and iceguy will return with STL. if that changes these can be edited. Someone feel free to do A.

1. Los Angeles (dcicon)

Pretty easy pick here really. Legitimate A caliber player with a very, very good roster (best starting lineup in B, if you go by Raph's rankings). Bellows-Roenick-Reichel forward will be deadly.

2. Edmonton (minpinD)

I'm gonna make a guarantee: Min missed the playoffs in Blitz 07. He will not miss them again in 08. Much improved player with a team of monsters.

3. Tampa Bay (sicarius)

Big downgrade in goaltending from Belfour to Vernon. But the very solid D-pairing of Diduck and Malakhov has been kept together, and the offense has a new look around Roberts with Bondra and Otto.

4. Ottawa (probob)

Was an adventurous first season for this team/coach. After an overall disappointing regular season (finishing 7th), they put on a playoff run before bowing out in a hard-fought series against wookie's Maple Leafs in the semifinals. With a new look roster built around Joe Nieuwendyk, there's hope they can take the next step.

5. San Jose (brutus)

Inheriting a talented roster. Fedorov's a beast, and the coach has experience playing A leaguers. They will be relevant.

6. Detroit (gretzkyonacold)

Talk about an overhaul... completely new starting roster. "Speed kills" is the philosophy on which they were built. Dino and Russ will put up big numbers. Coach has been out from '94 for a while and will be highly motivated to play this season.

7. St. Louis (RWD)

Big question mark if the coach will be the same guy when we get started next week, but a veteran player with a talented roster can be a threat. Rust will almost certainly be a factor early on, though. Defending Lindros with Clark and Granato will be no picnic, regardless.

8. Boston (pearate)

Much improved roster and a coach you can never overlook. I think they bounceback and make the playoffs this season.

9. Philadelphia (orangeblack)

Patrick Roy with 2 absolutely enormous defensemen. Yikes. Going to be such a tough team to score against. If they can scrape across a few more goals than they did a season ago, they might be able to jump somebody to get into the postseason.

10. Calgary (chaos)

The veteran coach has a stacked roster. Their D-pairing of Samuelsson and Bourque is almost certainly the best in the game. What else do they have? The Quebec Nordiques classic roster. Hextall in goal. Sakic and Sundin up front.

Oh, forgot Khristich. He's good too. This coach is dangerous if he reaches the playoffs, as he tends to get better as the season goes on.

11. Anaheim (jackandjose)

Very tough to predict. This coach is a blitz newcomer. After an extremely successful debut classic season, they took a big step back in B with Quebec this season. Not expecting them to be anywhere near that record they finished with in classic B, but it's going to take a big jump in a short amount of time to get into the playoffs in blitz.

12. Toronto (jer 33)

Coach is just getting his feet wet in this league. With McLean in goal and Messier (Blitz 07 B's leading scorer) with Larmer up front, they have the talent to keep them in games.

Edited by PRoBob38

Tough to disgree. Dcicon the obvious A leaguer in there. After that you can throw a hat over 5 or 6 of us.

Going to be an extremely competitive season

I will continue with my team reviews in January btw. Just with a change of job & house in another city, not to mention xmas & new year it's been a crazy month. Had no time at all.

Looking forward to the season now

Man this sounds like such a fun league.....I hate to say I hope some people drop out but I really do so I can get in lol :)