NHL'94 Forums

I have commited a sin (FPB & start buttons)

nahkahomo

Luckily you don't stumble to stalling that often.

I'm fine with dumping the puck if you're protecting a lead and are shorthanded/can't get out of the defensive zone, it's what happens in normal hockey game. Also If the opponent has a real mobile team and is great on forecheck, sure why not try slowplay the offense and take that extra pass or few to get in to offensive zone properly/wait for the opponent to forecheck himself out of position. I can see the lhe latter one being very annoying for very straightforward aggressive type of players, but it's nothing to whine about, all part of the game.

My definition for stalling the game is sitting behind your net for a minute or so, not even looking for the pass or opening the game. Also passing backwards and lateral for a minute or few when winning late in the game is iffy, but nothing I can complain about, just bad show of sportsmanship imo. But you can obviously always take records out of important games and show who these people are then if it happens. =)

Pausing is mostly new to me as an NA trait. To me it's more of a distraction than anything else, but I guess it can be cultural and should not get offensive about it. But pausing during ongoing play is even worse than stalling in my mind, I can understand real urgent businesses and connection issues and taking your goalie off, but anything else no. It's even worse than stalling the play in my mind. And I'll rather have the chats after the game what was nice, what you didn't like and so on.

I have a weird feeling that Nahka was cheesing pretty hard by ragging the puck around in his own zone to get a win so FPB started spazzing and pausing during the other games during play. In my book ragging the puck and killing the clock to a win in a video game is really really lame and I'm going to judge you and make sure I kick your ass extra hard so that doesn't happen next time, but it's definitely not illegal or cheap. But pausing during action is totally uncalled for (unless it's an emergency or something) and if he really did that because he was mad about Nahka killing the clock then he's the one in the wrong.

Frey is a king for... LOL

For what? You mean in general? yes I Know. ^^

I have a weird feeling that Nahka was cheesing pretty hard by ragging the puck around in his own zone to get a win

sorry for asking, but where do you base this feeling? has somebody else ever complained for me for doing this, do I have a reputation of "winning at every cost", or is it so that because I'm lower in the standings at the moment I "had to do it" ?

sorry for asking, but where do you base this feeling? has somebody else ever complained for me for doing this, do I have a reputation of "winning at every cost", or is it so that because I'm lower in the standings at the moment I "had to do it" ?

No nothing like that at all. I re-read your post I guess you didn't say you were up. So he was really just mad about you skating around when you were losing the game?

I wasn't skating around, stalling the game, killing the clock or going behind the goal deliberately. FPB was clearly mad because I didn't hand him the puck on a tray at the last seconds of the game. If he'd had the guts to upload the videos, that would show.

I sometimes go slowly to the attack zone and might pass back, but if that is forbidden, you might as well ban me from GDL. I played the same style through all the 4 games and has been my style of NHL94 for 10 years now. before this has nobody accused me of killing the clock.

I really have nothing against FPB. I was curious why he pressed start all the time, because I never understood that sort of ad/hd behaviour. from the answer I got I figured out pretty fast that he had had a bad day, don't like passive NHL94 opponents and couldn't control himself at the moment of lose. So he tried to justify his behaviour somehow and made this thing up that I kill the clock.

If he had apologized or at least been honest about it, I wouldn't have to start these childish topics.

Edited by nahkahomo

so... pausing kills the crowd, right? does crowd noise correlate with an advantage like player skill boosts or puck luck? we've discussed it before, but I don't think we concluded anything. what percentage of games would y'all say you -- or your opponents -- use the time out?

I wasn't skating around, stalling the game, killing the clock or going behind the goal deliberately. FPB was clearly mad because I didn't hand him the puck on a tray at the last seconds of the game. If he'd had the guts to upload the videos, that would show.

I sometimes go slowly to the attack zone and might pass back, but if that is forbidden, you might as well ban me from GDL. I played the same style through all the 4 games and has been my style of NHL94 for 10 years now. before this has nobody accused me of killing the clock.

I really have nothing against FPB. I was curious why he pressed start all the time, because I never understood that sort of ad/hd behaviour. from the answer I got I figured out pretty fast that he had had a bad day, don't like passive NHL94 opponents and couldn't control himself at the moment of lose. So he tried to justify his behaviour somehow and made this thing up that I kill the clock.

If he had apologized or at least been honest about it, I wouldn't have to start these childish topics.

I did have a s**t day and was getting upset by that. But that doesn't mean I don't think it was BS you did s**t like taking center ice faceoffs behind your net. Only meant If i were feeling nice I probably would have just said oh well and be content since it has no impact whatsoever on the standings.

I did say If you felt the pausing handicapped you we could replay the games, then offered only the ones where I won.

In all cases I didn't feel the need to feel sorry because you didn't acknowledge my complaint as legitimate. It wasn't to upset and I'm sorry. I'm sure we'll be able to have fine games in the future.

so... pausing kills the crowd, right? does crowd noise correlate with an advantage like player skill boosts or puck luck? we've discussed it before, but I don't think we concluded anything. what percentage of games would y'all say you -- or your opponents -- use the time out?

I call a timeout on about a third of my games I'd say. Probably more against higher skilled opponents as I'll try to turn around the momentum when I notice the game is not going my way (flubbed one-timers, terrible AI, errant passes, posts, etc). There is no proof that calling a timeout helps in this regard, but I do it anyway. Second attempt is goalie change and/or lineup change.

But that doesn't mean I don't think it was BS you did s**t like taking center ice faceoffs behind your net.

In all cases I didn't feel the need to feel sorry because you didn't acknowledge my complaint as legitimate. It wasn't to upset and I'm sorry.

1. I'm not upset

2. I don't still see your complaint legitimate at all

3. Since we see this stituation so differently, why is it so hard to upload the videos online so that we all can see whats what. at least put some video material about me doing the thing you claim I did (going behind the goal and kill the clock on purpose)

I don't see this just being a thing between you and me. I think we have to discuss what killing the clock means. because you have set a whole new rules on that. or at least what i thought killing the clock was. Don't want to go through this kind of episode in the playoffs.

1. I'm not upset

2. I don't still see your complaint legitimate at all

3. Since we see this stituation so differently, why is it so hard to upload the videos online so that we all can see whats what. at least put some video material about me doing the thing you claim I did (going behind the goal and kill the clock on purpose)

I don't see this just being a thing between you and me. I think we have to discuss what killing the clock means. because you have set a whole new rules on that. or at least what i thought killing the clock was. Don't want to go through this kind of episode in the playoffs.

That's not my rule it's Swos' rule. As for the videos it's finals time. SO yeah. I don't feel it's a bigger issue YOU do. So YOU upload the vids.

Edited by The Russian Rocket

1. I don't have the videos, because I don't store them.

2. Why is it that I need to find proof for something YOU accuse ME for? I'm not accusing anybody of anything.

you on the other hand are accusing me for stalling and going behind my goal to kill the clock. Could you please point out where does that happen? Accusing somebody of something without proper proof or connection to reality is called lying and denigrating. why are you doing that?

Telling me "i'm sorry you're upset" and "hope we have good games in the future" is high class BS considering this.

1. I don't have the videos, because I don't store them.

2. Why is it that I need to find proof for something YOU accuse ME for? I'm not accusing anybody of anything.

you on the other hand are accusing me for stalling and going behind my goal to kill the clock. Could you please point out where does that happen? Accusing somebody of something without proper proof or connection to reality is called lying and denigrating. why are you doing that?

Telling me "i'm sorry you're upset" and "hope we have good games in the future" is high class BS considering this.

Yeah cause if a guy stabs you, but you didn't record it, it never happened.

Idk why don't you put videos of me pausing? I never paused.

Im glad to see FPB is still the stand up guy he always was.

If you have the lead you can do whatever the f**k you want with the puck, ie: dump it, figure eights in your own zone, wack yer prick. It really doesnt bother me and it shouldnt anyone else, its part of hockey, always has been always will be. theres no rule against killing the clock in hockey and nor should there be. im not saying its not annoying but its not illegal either so clearly fpb is a douche as always and should quit being a baby.

EVERYTHING I SAID IS BASED IN FACT NOT OPINION**

*in my opinion

Im glad to see FPB is still the stand up guy he always was.

If you have the lead you can do whatever the f**k you want with the puck, ie: dump it, figure eights in your own zone, wack yer prick. It really doesnt bother me and it shouldnt anyone else, its part of hockey, always has been always will be. theres no rule against killing the clock in hockey and nor should there be. im not saying its not annoying but its not illegal either so clearly fpb is a douche as always and should quit being a baby.

EVERYTHING I SAID IS BASED IN FACT NOT OPINION**

*in my opinion

There's a GDL rule for that.

Also what would you know about s**t you can do when you win? It's not like you do faggot.

Fun thread. Reminds me of when me & Wookie fell out.......................hard to believe the majority of this community is made up of adults. This is the kind of drama you normally expect Plabax to be involved in!

3d_1208689c.jpg

There's a GDL rule for that.

Also what would you know about s**t you can do when you win? It's not like you do faggot.

Good to see someone keep up with the gay bashing now that Plabax is gone... Let's turn this forum into Xbox live now.

Gay bashing is so gay

Good to see someone keep up with the gay bashing now that Plabax is gone... Let's turn this forum into Xbox live now.

Yes I,m sure that word hasn't evolved beyond it's original meaning. ever.

Yes I,m sure that word hasn't evolved beyond it's original meaning. ever.

Professor of Linguistics FPB pulls the ol' semantic shift card from his pocket-- although I don't think it's going to be enough for him to win this hand...

Edited by Wittgenstein