NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Hacking

slapshot67

As far as I am aware, I am currently one of the only people on this forum to have made a full~on ROM hack out of this version of '93 using a complete roster, as well as modifying the majority of the artwork and palettes that this template provided.

You may have a view of what to expect from it from the description from this part of my project thread:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16770-miaa-womens-hockey-20i5-the-mass-tour/#entry152602

This link will lead you to the description for MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: Tournament Edition, basically my way of implementing my rosters and art template into this version of '93 as much as probable, Volume 0I is available for download.

Please bear in mind though that there are some kinks with the Revision 00 build such as minor graphical troubles and complications with stat editing at Ron Barr's screen, plus a few typos that have since been edited for the Revision 00a release; but nonetheless, it is a nearly completely edited ROM for this version of '93, feel more than free to take it for a spin if you are interested. (:

As far as I am aware, I am currently one of the only people on this forum to have made a full~on ROM hack out of this version of '93 using a complete roster, as well as modifying the majority of the artwork and palettes that this template provided.

You may have a view of what to expect from it from the description from this part of my project thread:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16770-miaa-womens-hockey-20i5-the-mass-tour/#entry152602

Thanks for the tip. That looks to be a pretty ambitious/thorough project!

You are welcome, glad that I could recommend this to you.

To be truthful, as one who views that the newer ROM hacks of '93 and '94 truly deserve to show everything that the assembly is able to change, I feel that a title such as the Tournament Edition of MIAA 20I5 will assist modern generation developers to know what to expect from us when it comes to taking the game to the next level.

As you have noticed by now, my Hot Spot with editing '93 is the art and palettes, the text editing comes naturally.

In future installments and/or revisions, it would be lovely to view if we could expand the editing of the game to adding even more teams, changing the weight scale (as Smozoma has been able to present with '94), changing and/or remixing the music, and even add Six Button Controller support (as how Clockwise and Kaneda have done for '94 up to now); with this new template and also my example of what to expect from a ROM hack of '93 at this point in time, it would be lovely to view where the '93 Hacking scene will proceed on from here, modding of this title truly seems as if it bears the potential of becoming almost as expansive as '94, probably even more than it if the dedication and information on editing become more present to us. (:

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been awhile since I been on here and I had to make a new account so please bare with me if I am posting in the wrong spot. I am trying to mod for the first time ever and I am using NHLPA 93 because it has fighting and the league I am creating was notorious for fights. I pretty much figured out everything from the great tutorials on this forum. However if anyone can help me. Despite how many times I looked and read the tutorials I can not figure out how to edit the Team Banners in the team selection screen. I do not need to really change a lot of colors, I mainly need to change the text. Like Example I took Tampa Bay and I made them the Danbury Trashers as I am making a UHL mod.  So Tampa's banner is already the same colors as the Danbury team used to be. So I just need to get the Tampa Bay banner to say Danbury. Is there anyone on here that can help me with this ??

two things you really need for this graphic work

a graphics program (and paint3d which is already on your pc)

and tile molestor, which lets you insert the newly created banners

the text is part of the graphics of the banner, but search for tm93-30team on here and it will give you a start, if you are using the 30 team wboy version

i used to do the 30 team version but the 32 team hack is now the one i use, i had NEVER did any modding like this before, well graphics i did but not hard hex which is a deep ocean.  the programs mentioned can be a bit intimidating, but like riding a bike it can be understood (TM might need some extra windows files to work)

i had great fun creating my banners btw, if anyone remembers my 30 team ones with the countries flags in them, 'cos you can actually design them as you wish, just make them the same size and only your imagination is the limit!

good luck RPG57

• 10 months later...