NHL'94 Forums

OT: House of Targ barcade in Ottawa

Oh hey guys! I have not played NHL '94 in about three months, but I am still lurking here and wanted to touch base with the '94 community.

One thing I would like to bring to your attention is the amazing new "barcade" in Ottawa. I figure it's worth noting since most of you are retro videogame junkies.

This place opened in April and I've been there six times now. They have an awesome line-up of old pinball and arcade games. Everything from Pac-man and Space Invaders to NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat. They also have live punk and metal music just about every night, sell awesome perogies and beer - they always put a big dimple in the side of your tallboy so it flows more efficiently and you can pound back the beer. The place has a real underground feel to it, both figuratively and literally but it's great and the staff is amazing too. There is one little guy (The Bearded Wizard) that runs the door and when you enter he often throws his hands in the air and yells Welcome to the House of Targ! Makes you feel right at home.

If you're ever in Ottawa, it's a must visit. www.houseoftarg.com