NHL'94 Forums

The c-b check has ruined Blitz !

What would make things really interesting is making the B check the same effectiveness as it is with penalties off. When they're off it works prolly 10-20% of the time.

TK you should try playing with it, it essentially eliminates the weight bug when checking. So lighter speedier guys in blitz are as good if not better in weight fix

In the SNES Dynasty League, for a wrinkle, Hali decided to remove penalties.

SNES no weight bug, so you ended up w/ tanks playing like tanks, and could bounce off guys for a bit. No B check to stop them.

It's better to have tanks w/ the weight in effect, as a) its better mentally & B) those are the slower players, and you have time to gang up on them to stop them!

Of course, by season's end, the vets who were used to their B check were missing it.

The biggest bonus w/ no penalties in SNES is not having the gay goalie interference play.

TK you should try playing with it, it essentially eliminates the weight bug when checking. So lighter speedier guys in blitz are as good if not better in weight fix

Yeah you're right I should, I've never tried it. I get too excited over new technology lol

What would make things really interesting is making the B check the same effectiveness as it is with penalties off. When they're off it works prolly 10-20% of the time.

ye JR is a beast