NHL'94 Forums

2014 Fall Classic League Registration

chaos

Fall '14 Classic League Registration!

Register HERE

For those of you who have registered on the NHL94Online site before, then registration will be easy. You just need to choose "Yes" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?", type in your site user name and password (NOTE: This is different than your forum password and user name, unless you made it the same), and choose the league you will be joining (right now, you can select A or B, Genesis or SNES). Then, hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. It's that easy.

For those of you who have not registered on the NHL94Online site before, then there is a little more info needed to complete registration. You need to choose "No" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?" and enter a user name and password (it's common to use the same user name as your forum name or AIM name). You will also be asked to fill out some more information about yourself (email, location, timezone, AIM Name, system preference). Then choose the league you will be joining (all new coaches should choose GENS-B or SNES-B). Then hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. You will then need to play a test game to make sure your connection is set up properly. This does not affect your place on the waiting list, but you cannot play in the league without playing the test game. If you have played in other online leagues before, you are technically confirmed already. Please PM or email me (chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com) and I will change you to Confirmed status.

Registration deadline will be Saturday, October 4th. At that point, we will hold a Team Selection Draft. After the draft is completed for each league, the schedules will be released and the league will begin.

This season we will be having 40 game seasons.

40 game leagues will have the same 6 games/wk checkpoints as the past few seasons.

You CAN NOT sign up for multiple league levels (i.e. GENS and SNES). Only those who are reliable will be allowed to do so, at the discretion of us admins. This will allow you to concentrate on one league.

The administrators (KingRaph, Halifax and I) will have the final say in what Sub-League each coach will be playing in. The number of teams in each Sub-League will be determined after registration is completed, and before the Team Selection Draft.

For those coaches that are new, I suggest practicing and becoming familiar with a few teams. This way, you will have multiple teams on your "Draft Board" to select from during the Team Selection Draft. You can contact any veteran coach to play some exhibition games, or practice against the computer.

Good luck! If there are any questions or problems, feel free to PM me or email me at chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com.

INFORMATION FOR NEW GUYS

If you are new to the league, welcome! We are a big brotherly community here, and there are a number of guys who are always around willing to help the new guys out. First things first, you need to register for NHL94.com (this site), as well as on the nhl94online.com site (registration link at the beginning of this post). It is also required to have an AIM screen name, since that is the main method of communication for scheduling games. Once you are registered, the next step is to set up a test game. You can use the forum links below and post your availability. One of the veterans will send you a PM or a message on AIM. A test game needs to be played in order to make sure your emulator/network settings are correct. Once the test game is played, the veteran will confirm you on the nhl94online site. Once this is done, you are set until the season starts. A few days before the season starts (normally during the week after registration ends), we will be holding a Team Selection Draft to choose teams. The draft will be held in the forums, so please make sure you register! An email will be sent out to all registrants once the Draft date has been selected, so it is important to register using an email you commonly check (also check your Spam or Junk folder). Once teams are selected, the schedules will be put up on the site and you can start playing your games. There will be another post announcing the start of the season, with information on how to log games, contact other coaches, and how to make the playoffs.

Again, if you have any questions, please email me (chaos@nhl94.com) or PM me via the forums.

Getting Started Online - Hamachi setup and netplay - Getting Started
Rules - Rules
Genesis Test Games - Post Here
SNES Test Games - Post Here
View the Waiting List here

I'm signed in b cause it's void of the drama queens & I'm probably more casual in my nhl94 approach & find I'm more B+ material most nights than A-, but if you queens cant get enough suspects in A, I'd switch to help fill out the bottom of your standings & in at least I'm a solid play not prone to heavy stat killing blow outs.

That's in gens of course. Snes is strictly a no queens league, so I'm all good there (especially if Kashmir stays in B!).

Edited by Brutus

I'm signed in b cause it's void of the drama queens & I'm probably more casual in my nhl94 approach & find I'm more B+ material most nights than A-, but if you queens cant get enough suspects in A, I'd switch to help fill out the bottom of your standings & in at least I'm a solid play not prone to heavy stat killing blow outs.

That's in gens of course. Snes is strictly a no queens league, so I'm all good there (especially if Kashmir stays in B!).

LOL, I'm hopeful for a "drama free" A league this season, but I understand. If we don't get enough A guys to sign up, we may try something new.

SNES is one big happy A league. :wub:

Who is Gameinthebooks?

I don't see any drama queens in A at the moment.

What's the team selection process?

You'll see a few new guys who sign up with the wrong AIM and never post to the forums looking for a test game, so who knows.

We'll figure out the team selection process....likely a draft.

...(especially if Kashim stays in B!)

:D:D :D :D :D

Was thinking about signing up for A after the succesfull Dynasty League but i think at the moment im still a bit underskilled for A. First wanna win B then comes the A challange!! :D

Edited by Kashim

LOL, I'm hopeful for a "drama free" A league this season, but I understand. If we don't get enough A guys to sign up, we may try something new.

SNES is one big happy A league. :wub:

I will also help out in Gens A if needed to fill out slots......just LOVE playing so no big deal to me if I get my ass handed to me by the NHL'94 Masters HAHA (I have learned alot since joining this site almost a year ago.....rookie no more!!! Maybe one day I will beat my nemesis KingRaph.......ONE DAY.......MAYBE :victory:

Edited by LABS_66

You'll see a few new guys who sign up with the wrong AIM and never post to the forums looking for a test game, so who knows.

In the interest of consistency and fairness, I just wanted to make sure no newbies are allowed in A, because that was the deal when I joined.

Edited by Uncle Seth

In the interest of consistency and fairness, I just wanted to make sure no newbies are allowed in A, because that was the deal when I joined.

It's the same deal...no new guys go into A. There was only one person since I've been helping in Classic that I ever thought could immediately start in A and that was TomKabs (you were a close 2nd Seth, :) ). And even then, he was put in B, after I made the plea he should not be in C!

***CLASSIC FLASHBACK***

2 years ago, Fall'12 season. TomKabs ended up going 34-6 in the regular season with Vancouver in the B league. Plabax made an incredible leap from "C" player the season before to legitimate "A", but was also in the B league that year. Those two guys led the way that season along with eggink and dcicon. The 4 of them were the only ones above .500 in the regular season.

Plabax and TK met in the finals where Plabax took it in a 7 game epic series. Allegedly this series was recorded, but TK was too depressed to ever upload or watch it, haha.

TomKabs ended up taking over the NYR in the "A" league from Dynamo, who won the B league the previous season, picked the NYR and was having a NIGHTMARE SEASON in A and dropped. TomKabs took the Rangers to the finals, losing to '94 legend Carse (VAN) in 7 games. TK also obliterated me that year in the playoffs, where I was MTL, and thought I wouldn't have a hard time winning against the fatty Rangers.

So while TK went 0-2 in 7 game series that year, it was still the most impressive "debut" ever for a rookie, lol.

***END FLASHBACK***

It's the same deal...no new guys go into A. There was only one person since I've been helping in Classic that I ever thought could immediately start in A and that was TomKabs (you were a close 2nd Seth, :) ). And even then, he was put in B, after I made the plea he should not be in C!

***CLASSIC FLASHBACK***

2 years ago, Fall'12 season. TomKabs ended up going 34-6 in the regular season with Vancouver in the B league. Plabax made an incredible leap from "C" player the season before to legitimate "A", but was also in the B league that year. Those two guys led the way that season along with eggink and dcicon. The 4 of them were the only ones above .500 in the regular season.

Plabax and TK met in the finals where Plabax took it in a 7 game epic series. Allegedly this series was recorded, but TK was too depressed to ever upload or watch it, haha.

TomKabs ended up taking over the NYR in the "A" league from Dynamo, who won the B league the previous season, picked the NYR and was having a NIGHTMARE SEASON in A and dropped. TomKabs took the Rangers to the finals, losing to '94 legend Carse (VAN) in 7 games. TK also obliterated me that year in the playoffs, where I was MTL, and thought I wouldn't have a hard time winning against the fatty Rangers.

So while TK went 0-2 in 7 game series that year, it was still the most impressive "debut" ever for a rookie, lol.

***END FLASHBACK***

TK was a phenom. The most "complex" player I'd ever seen and thus the hardest to defend against IMO. Sad that he lives in the middle of nowhere. There was a time I was thinking he'd be back to rejuvenate the community, but I'm convinced he's gone for good and is quickly being forgotten. A shame.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I signed up for the B, waiting for a USB adapter for my controller I ordered off EBay, should be here early next week the latest, where should I post to get verified, this forum?

Also I see I'm number 26 on the list, and only 25 teams I believe in the game, do you plan on doing a C league, if so that is where I would prefer to start, haven't played non CPU comp in over 20 years.

I signed up for the B, waiting for a USB adapter for my controller I ordered off EBay, should be here early next week the latest, where should I post to get verified, this forum?

Also I see I'm number 26 on the list, and only 25 teams I believe in the game, do you plan on doing a C league, if so that is where I would prefer to start, haven't played non CPU comp in over 20 years.

I added you to the GENS Buds group chat on AIM. Any previous coach can confirm you. I'm usually around too, just lemme know when you get your controller setup.

I'm leaving the registration open until the end of today (Sunday) to allow those who have not played a test game to try and get one in. Any new registrants will not be starting the league, but will be put on the Waiting List once the League starts. Once we get a definitive list of coaches, we will post information about the draft process.

I'm leaving the registration open until the end of today (Sunday) to allow those who have not played a test game to try and get one in. Any new registrants will not be starting the league, but will be put on the Waiting List once the League starts. Once we get a definitive list of coaches, we will post information about the draft process.

When will you be on for Blitz Chaos? :D

LABS you're missing one important award in your signature: "most awards".

HAHA! Still waiting for the most important one.....a CHAMPIONSHIP! Gotta step my game up. Alot of great NHL'94 buds on here with superior talent. Playing once in a while when I get free time just isn't going to cut it haha. I'm about 75% of knowing all the ins and outs of the game. Still trying to learn that tricky pass shot......