NHL'94 Forums

connection issue - ideas?

LA Robbie

Can anyone help?

Skeletor & I have been tryin to play his Blitz home games but whenever he hosts at my end everythin seems normal but at his end the rom is not loading up. After the connection sequence on Ham he just gets a black screen.

We played my home games without an issue & we had played loads of exhis b4 the season with no problem.

We tried to play via a server but the same thing happens there too. He can connect to me but I cant connect to him.

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago my ip changed ( dont know why but it changes regularly every month or so). Cid this be the root of the problem?

If any of the tech boffins in the community can help we'd really appreciate it

This happened again tonight, but with Labs. When gens is about to start, it prints a bunch of gibberish on the top of the window, and the game doesn't start up for me. I've tried redownloading gens and the rom, rebooting my computer, using a different ham server. I'm not going through a router, and I disabled Windows firewall. I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

post-1603-0-26701800-1411886633_thumb.pn

Next step will be to reinstall Windows, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Odd man. Obviously other computers are letting you in to connect but your computer is not letting certain others in to connect with you. The method most foolproof is to set up port forwarding on your computer so you can host direct. There's a thread somewhere but if you're not sure talk to donny or smozoma for expert advice