NHL'94 Forums

Plabax on being Banned from Classic:

TomKabs93

Plabax sent this to me on fb chat:

"In talk of the upcoming fall classic, KingRaph (a tyrant of the Classic League and the nhl94.com community as a whole) and I have been talking about our excitement to play.

Key things to note :

- Raph had told me he expected more A players than what we currently have to sign up

- Raph implied many times that I would be allowed to play if I signed up. It went as far as him saying he would put me in GENS A if I tried to play for GENS B.

- Raph told me briefly about the new format, and then ended the chat saying something along the lines of "gtg, great chat (about classic), later"

--------------------------

A couple of days pass, and Raph has told me that I will not be allowed to play Classic, and has no memory whatsoever of when he was talking about me being a favourite in the 20-team GENS league and how deadly it would be if I landed the Penguins.

He tells me it is because I quit the previous classic, but something tells me it's clearly not the reason, otherwise he would have brought it up.
-------------------------------

This may sound crazy, but I think this is a planned move by Raph to try and win Classic.

I say this because Raph has never been able to win a league in which I participated in the playoffs.

In the last league we played together, Raph posted in the group chat saying that he had me as the #1 threat and that he basically had the target on my head. Who won that league? I did. Raph on the other hand, had his worst finish in a major league. Coincidence? I don't think so.

It is very plausible Raph had talked with some of the "A" players (swos?) in between and found out that they WOULDN'T be playing classic. Knowing that it would be only him and I, Raph was able to conclude that we would have to meet in the playoffs one way or another, so he decided to remove me from the league, to pretty much guarantee the GENS-A title for himself.

My argument is supported by the fact that Raph was involved in the accusation of similar actions back in GDL X (the ONLY GDL where Raph was the commisioner!!) where a number of unhappy people accused Raph of trying to avoid Freydey, the man who Raph deemed as the BEST player, and the one who kept kicking his ass in all the other leagues

This was a result of Raph creating not one, but TWO SECRET rules that nobody knew about which "coincidentally" lead to him not playing Freydey, when they should have met in the first round! When they should have met AGAIN, this time in round 2, the second of the two secret rules activated, switching up what should have been Raph vs Freydey to Raph vs ZALEX. What did Raph have to say about it? He sarcastically responded that he shot JFK. At first I was on Raph's side, but now I think he really did cheat!

If you were wondering, this turned out to be Raph's BEST finish in a GDL season (He succesfully avoided Freydey). Coincidence? No chance!

Now if we go back to what I said about Raph asking some of the "A" players, I think he may have found out that Freydey wasn't playing classic OR he just thinks he won't be playing because Zalex probably won't be either.

Raph has a "legit" reason to avoid playing the new #1 coach and given that Raph has been accused of doing this before, it seems to fit in perfectly!

Is Raph just scared? Or is he really truthful in wanting to ban me for quitting?

Should I be allowed to play?"

I was surprised to see Plabax sign up after quitting last time shortly after losing to me and basically quitting in the middle of the game.

After months of taunting how stupid & pointless & worthless Classic was, and the game is "gay" because it prevented him from breaking the records and that's why he quit, I'm stunned to see him lobbying to play again.

Coming up w/ some loony theory about Raph & needing someone else to POST your message because you are also banned only further highlights the real issue.

You are a straight up assh&le, kid or no kid.

That's why you aren't playing. I haven't even asked anyone if this is true or not. I certainly don't give creedence to your Raph hatred/theories, and Tomkabs, I know you guys are friends and all, but it's a wasted post, other than some reading fodder, imo.

Hey Brutus, I like Raph as much as anyone, that's why I don't think he'll mind me posting Plabax's words like this.

On that note, Plabax wanted me to post this link that has to do with his case: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15622-gdl-x-playoffs-rd-1-schedules/page-2

(with opinions from Carse, before he died)

And finally, one question from plabax to Raph: " Why did you say I could play if you knew I was banned? I want an honest answer, please and thank you."

Edited by TomKabs93

Plabax so desperate, lol. Got his cousin to post his nonsense!

TK, I am dissapoint.

Anyway...anyone wondering why Plabax is banned, you can read through this thread as one example: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15784-fall13-playoff-scenarios/

Quitting classic 2 seasons in a row before playoffs, dropping games, arguments/problems, etc. Classic has no tolerance for this, just ask the guys who were banned before I became the "tyrant of the Classic League and nhl94.com community as whole".

Great post though, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Perhaps if you didn't QUIT Blitz and QUIT Classic, I would have won those titles with you in the Playoffs. Were you in '13 league that you ran and I won? Did I beat you in Survivor playoffs? Has Plabax ever beaten me in a playoff series? I can't control what everyone else does, I can only just play my games. ROFL at the idea that I am "afraid" to play anybody.

Also, instead of spamming me with accusatory texts (to the point I had to block Plabax from AIM, again) and conjuring up stories like above, you could just say something like, "hey, I know I was an a**hole in the past, but I'd like to have another chance." Probably would have worked better than this tactic.

Anyway, I already wrote more than I should.

TK, I am dissapoint.

Heyyyyy don't make me feel bad here lol. I'm just the messenger, it's easiest that way. I don't have get involved personally

I thought you wouldn't mind :cry:

EDIT: From Plabax: "ask raph WHY he said I could play"

Edited by TomKabs93

King...I always knew.

Hi guys, sorry for the off topic comment - I am not a Genesis guy, but is Carse really dead? When did this happen? I thought he was like the best Genesis player. I cannot find anything about this on the forum. Sad if true.

Haha no he's not dead, just hasn't been active whatsoever for quite some time. He was the best genesis player for quite a few years, but not anymore.

Sorry, I shouldn't use the word dead so loosely lol

Heyyyyy don't make me feel bad here lol. I'm just the messenger, it's easiest that way. I don't have get involved personally

TK, instead of being a messenger, go move in with kgman and get back to '94.

King...I always knew.

Frey...and knowing is half the battle.

TK, instead of being a messenger, go move in with kgman and get back to '94.

If you can give me his contact info I'll give it a try

It's bad when your own father disappears from your life for so long :(

I'm still here for ya son! I just wanted to see u grow up and be a man....as soon as u turned 18 I didn't have to pay child support so I began travelling with all the money I was Saving but there is a special nhl94 fund I kept secret from you it's yours boy! .......plabax and raph need to settle this like men ....steel cage match!

Hi guys, sorry for the off topic comment - I am not a Genesis guy, but is Carse really dead? When did this happen? I thought he was like the best Genesis player. I cannot find anything about this on the forum. Sad if true.

Personally, I was never very impressed with Carse, given the hype surrounding him. Although I do give him credit for GC abilities, he (IMO) was one-dimensional, often being effective with a superstar player (such as Bure), and skating it end to end with him. In addition, he avoided playing exis. To me, that came across as someone who knew his effectiveness would be diminished by having other players figure out his style. Knowing your enemy is half the battle. Those who can score in a multitude of ways and are more unpredictable will always be just as good, if not better players to me. Some of those people are current while others are formerly active.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I don't like when guys just disappear on the forums with no trace ...nhl94 community is internet family u gotta check in now and then so we don't think u were raped by gang of tecmo bowl players ......do ya hear me Habs!

Like you can't see you are being the Johnny Cochran to Plabax's OJ?

Everyone knows what plabax is about around here. Plabax was recently banned from TDL for taunting his opponents on top of numerous complaints about him throughout the season.

I do not blame any classic lg commish for upholding his ban, dealing with him spoils the fun for both admins and the other coaches.

From my understanding, this season is supposed to be a classic Classic.

So with that in mind, I can understand not letting D-bags in the B-leagues-- you don't want new players leaving the league because of one A-hole. But we're talking about the A-league here-- the cream of the crop. If it's gonna be a classic Classic, you're gonna need best of the best. And if you're gonna have the best of best, you're gonna have to have plabax; you're gonna have to play plabax. You'll need him to make sure you reign the right man, crown the right champion.

So I say we all chip in and get tk a wifi tower, plabax a bottle ritalin, and make this Spring A Classic a classic Spring A Classic.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Whilst Raph has clearly benefited from Plabax quitting or being banned from leagues in the past, and yes it probably doesn't look good that on those occasions Raph either took the decision or was involved in it either as a commissioner, mod or strong influence you also have to accept that Plabax is a cause of a lot of drama & problems. Unsporting, arrogant & often just plain rude.

Both sides have valid points in terms of whether or not Plabax should be allowed to play in leagues as well as whether a competitor in the same league who stands to benefit from throwing out his main opposition should have the power to make that decision

I don't think Raph is acting solo here. Plabax made it seem like he was.

Plabax got banned from other leagues without Raph, and got banned from the forum on his own as well.

So, let's stop making this Raph vs Plabax.

If you do think this, in my opinion, you are holding some obvious previous condition against Raph.

I mean, the kid quit Classic last year in the middle of a game w/ me like a total a-hole. He then spent 2 months bashing the league after that as stupid. I've never gotten an apology from the kid. He just got kicked out the last league he was in. If the Classic was running some title like, TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS, I could see needing to include Plabax. Plabax is one of the best players in the game. He is better than me. I get that. But, he's not so great you can't "not" have him in or it nullifies the winner's credibility.

It's a league that struggled to get all it's game played and didn't even do Spring as a result. Clearly, one of the guys who quit last year is not needed to be included for this league to be successful.

Like you can't see you are being the Johnny Cochran to Plabax's OJ?

Everyone knows what plabax is about around here. Plabax was recently banned from TDL for taunting his opponents on top of numerous complaints about him throughout the season.

I do not blame any classic lg commish for upholding his ban, dealing with him spoils the fun for both admins and the other coaches.

Exactly. Plabax can't have any complaints if people have just got fed up with the childish games, whatever you think Kings motives may or may not be etc

Personally, I was never very impressed with Carse, given the hype surrounding him. Although I do give him credit for GC abilities, he (IMO) was one-dimensional, often being effective with a superstar player (such as Bure), and skating it end to end with him. In addition, he avoided playing exis. To me, that came across as someone who knew his effectiveness would be diminished by having other players figure out his style. Knowing your enemy is half the battle. Those who can score in a multitude of ways and are more unpredictable will always be just as good, if not better players to me. Some of those people are current while others are formerly active.

Carse was a beast -- his style wasn't as flashy as others, and that in itself is impressive considering how much he won. At one point about 3-4 years ago, it seems every league was between him and Freydey (and swos). They were clearly better than everyone else for quite some time.

Not impressed? I don't think anyone has quite a resume like this:

Blitz

Season 2 - Champ

Season 3 - Loss to Frey (champ)

Season 4 - Champ

Season 5 - Loss to Frey

Season 6 - Loss to Frey (champ)

Season 7 - Loss to Frey (champ)

GDL

7 - Champ

8 - Loss to Freydey (champ)

9 - Loss to TomKabs (champ)

10 - Loss to Plabax

Classic

S'10 - Champ (VAN)

F'10 - Champ (CGY)

S'11 - Champ (BUF)

F'11 - Loss to Frey (CGY)

S'12 - Champ (CGY)

F'12 - Champ (VAN)

S'13 - Loss to Frey

Again, different times, but he's definitely one of the best ever.

BEFORE THE ERA OF GLITCHERS AND SNORKS

Carse was a beast -- his style wasn't as flashy as others, and that in itself is impressive considering how much he won. At one point about 3-4 years ago, it seems every league was between him and Freydey (and swos). They were clearly better than everyone else for quite some time.

Not impressed? I don't think anyone has quite a resume like this:

Blitz

Season 2 - Champ

Season 3 - Loss to Frey (champ)

Season 4 - Champ

Season 5 - Loss to Frey

Season 6 - Loss to Frey (champ)

Season 7 - Loss to Frey (champ)

GDL

7 - Champ

8 - Loss to Freydey (champ)

9 - Loss to TomKabs (champ)

10 - Loss to Plabax

Classic

S'10 - Champ (VAN)

F'10 - Champ (CGY)

S'11 - Champ (BUF)

F'11 - Loss to Frey (CGY)

S'12 - Champ (CGY)

F'12 - Champ (VAN)

S'13 - Loss to Frey

Again, different times, but he's definitely one of the best ever.

I'm fine with the "one of" descriptor. And the track record is stellar with 8 "cups" under his belt, but including losses in there serves no purpose to me other than to fluff up the resume. However, in each of those classic wins, his team contains at least one top 10 player and often couple top 20 guys also, and in two of them he had a top 5 team. Keep in mind though, with the new classic format (if it stays that way), any "cup" captured by a high tier A level coach will be an enormous accomplishment given that they will be using the bottom of the barrel teams. So, his record of classic wins will likely never be beaten because of that. I am actually in favor of the way it will be this year (for the draft), it will make things more balanced and challenging. But one can't ignore the fact that anyone's dream of building a classic championship resume (like his) is drastically reduced because of the new format.

I wasn't around to comment on who the competition was or how deep the league was in those GDL and Blitz leagues. I do recall hearing about him majorly rip off people in the draft process, and having a stacked team. My case was more about for how difficult it is to play against someone who isn't a one-trick pony, and to me that is what makes a better player. I don't judge talent by simply wins or stats, I take into account other factors. Plabax winning GDL with mostly fat guys is very impressive to me, as is Swos' run last GDL with Broten, Modano and NeiwenDIKE. Ice's goalie control is legendary at times. Frey makes some super quick and inventive plays I don't see others pulling off. TK could beat you in a myriad of ways and was rediculously good down low with the puck. To me, your (Raph) play with Vancouver is light years better than Carse's. You swarm non-stop and pass with such frequency and precision with that team, taking it to a completely new level, and you score with all 3 forwards consistently. With Carse, he takes it with Bure (insert any other top 10 forward) the entire game, scores almost all his goals with Bure. You know exactly what he's going to do. Anyone can watch videos of it if they want evidence. I'll never be wowed with that type of player, regardless of how many wins he racks up.

And with the added weapons (call them bugs or cheats or whatever) and frequency of their use with so many top players these days makes such players extremely talented and difficult to beat. It's raised the bar it terms of what it takes to be a top tier player.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I've always had a man crush on Carse's simple style, he isn't flashy but he's hard to stop. I agree with Uncle in that he's overrated (I hope he comes out of hiding and comments on this hehe), but he is def the biggest 94 legend imo. His jeff norton profile pic is god-tier, and his aim pic of that poker player is even better. snoboarder3211 is an awesome aim name too.

Come back Carse!!

tomerbenvinitsi.jpg

I put the losses there to show that Carse only lost to Frey for quite some time.

Btw, the only new "bug" in the last few years is CB check. I think Frey is being sarcastic here.

The only way we'll ever find out who the best players are is when we have large money tournaments, consistently, for a few years. Tecmo style, one person chooses the team matchup, the other picks which team they want to use. Best of 3 or 5 in later rounds. In the works...

The only way we'll ever find out who the best players are is when we have large money tournaments, consistently, for a few years. Tecmo style, one person chooses the team matchup, the other picks which team they want to use. Best of 3 or 5 in later rounds. In the works...

Let's make this a reality, I'd love to meet the people of 94

Edited by TomKabs93

Freydey? Sarcastic? impossible.