NHL'94 Forums

NHL15PC (NHL95PC Conversion)

goodbyeccha

Goodbyeccha that some pretty great work man . You got some talent , Have you had any ideas from people? possible Zamboni between periods? Fans throwing hats on the ice after a trick ? The famous octopus throwing at the Joe Lewis. Totally looking forward to seeing More of your work .

• 2 weeks later...

First of all... Thank you for this AMAZING conversion. I tried it and it seems to work fine!

Few questions: Are the roster/player attributes changed to NHL15 as well?

I cant remember how to actually go to that screen (player profile) where I can see player's attributes... Speed, Shot Power etc etc.

Many thanks and keep up the good work

• 9 months later...

Just finished up the first four games of a new season with the Oilers and I have to say that this is so far at least THE single best and fair version I have ever played!

Thank you for taking the time to produce a most excellent edition of this game. I look forward to see what you do in the future and once again thank you.

Tampa bay is being announced as Pitts and colorado as toronto, florida as hartford....there are other issues with team announcements. what software did you use to do your mods? If I can the editing software

you used I would be happy to help fix some of these issues. I love this version of nhl 95 so I have no problems lending a hand with it.

post-1978-0-33506100-1448432619_thumb.pn

• 4 months later...

Brilliant work - I do have to ask though...

Does anyone else find NHL 95 PC just flat out too easy?

It's always been a total deal killer and almost breaks my heart as everything else about it is the best retro hockey ever...

But I just can't play it!

The other team never even scores or puts up a remotely interesting game...no matter who I play!

Am I alone on this?

The game almost feels broken it's so bloody easy!!

Take NHLinfo and edit your players worse and AI team players better ;)

Funny you mention that - I've started working on that..

Shame there's no way to re-import from the data dump - Doing it all in the console is really cumbersome (for me anyhow...not my forté)

Also, how do you edit individual teams vs just "Everybody" +25 -10, etc

Did I miss that when reading? I'm over my head a bit I think..

Edited by TurbineSeaplane

You can try to use my export/import tools: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15180-more-rosters-to-nhl95pc/

To edit players on individual teams, on NHLinfo: select "Players" and then change "Stats" to "Attributes" and then change "All Teams" to "One team". Now you can select new team by clicking Boston Bruins. If this is what you were asking ;)

• 1 month later...

Tampa bay is being announced as Pitts and colorado as toronto, florida as hartford....there are other issues with team announcements. what software did you use to do your mods? If I can the editing software

you used I would be happy to help fix some of these issues. I love this version of nhl 95 so I have no problems lending a hand with it.

I used whnhlinfo.exe for all of the mod. It lets you access all of the graphics files. It does not all you to access the audio files. If you can figure out how to edit the audio files in the game it would be awesome. Some of the teams I switched around so they were in the correct conference. But I don't know how to change the corresponding audio files.

I used kiba's roster import/export tool so I could mod the rosters in excel and then dump them back into the game. Much faster that way. I just used the most recent NHL hockey roster attributes and scaled them into NHL95 ratings. I would also love to find a way to add more teams to the game but again I have no idea.

Edited by goodbyeccha

• 2 months later...

Yes. I plan on creating two sets of rosters. One that is a direct dump from NHL15 (both games rate players from 0-100). And one that scales the player attributes from NHL15 to reflect the broader range of player attributes in NHL95. People can edit them as they see fit from there.

Cool. Will check this one out. Haven't looked at the NHL15 player attributes (nor played it), but hopefully you used some consideration in case there's a ton of players with shot power and speed settings with 90+ values ;)

Edited by jaff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I received this message from petrmaly13 and I thought I would answer it in the forum so that others who may have similar questions would benefit from it.

"Since few day I try to convert NHL95PC with a little help from Kiba. I can change players now with NHLinfo. I would like to change logos etc. My logos are in the game but with wrong colors. I like your conversion that you´ve posted but there are some mistakes (Florida, Carolina...). You know about it. Could you make a "perfect" 2016 conversion or tell me how to do it?:-) Thanx!"

When you replace any graphics in the game with NHLInfo you have to make sure that the color palettes for both the original graphic and the replacement graphic match. The best way to do this is to take a screen shot of the original graphic while playing the game and then copy the palette from that screen shot into the graphic you are editing in GIMP (or Photoshop or whatever). Kiba has a great tutorial on this.

It is not possible to make a "perfect" 2016 conversion because the number of teams allowed in the game (26 teams + 2 all-star teams) is hard-coded into the game. Without access to the source code there is no way to add teams to the game. So when making a conversion for 2016 you have to decide which 4 teams to not add (or 2 teams if you are going to overwrite the All-Star teams). When I made the conversion for 2015 I decided to leave the two worst teams out of the game (Florida being one of them) and overwrote them with Carolina. I also swapped some teams so that they would be in the correct conference (Detroit and Toronto for example are no longer in the Western Conference). This is why the audio does not match some teams. There is no way to change or edit the audio that I know of.

I will not be making any more conversions because it is a lot of work and very time consuming and I actually prefer playing the game with the original rosters since I grew up with the NHL in the late eighties through the nineties and I don't really follow the NHL anymore as it is crap compared to what it once was when I was a kid :P

I have been having fun with the jersey editor and I have a lot of different jerseys that I may post if anybody might be interested in them.

• 5 months later...

Goodbyccha,

Can you post some of those jerseys? Is there any chance that you have those NHL15 jerseys in the classic NHL95 team format?
I know you switched the teams around in your conversion, wondering if you have a way to put those new jerseys over the old ones,,,

Would really appreciate you sharing your quality work. :)

On 4/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, PenguinFan1985 said:

Goodbyccha,

Can you post some of those jerseys? Is there any chance that you have those NHL15 jerseys in the classic NHL95 team format?
I know you switched the teams around in your conversion, wondering if you have a way to put those new jerseys over the old ones,,,

Would really appreciate you sharing your quality work. :)

Yes. I have started compiling all of the jerseys I have made over the years into one package to share on this forum. I don't have much time to work on it but 10-15 minutes per day. I hope to have something to share in a few weeks.  Thanks for the interest.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, goodbyeccha said:

Yes. I have started compiling all of the jerseys I have made over the years into one package to share on this forum. I don't have much time to work on it but 10-15 minutes per day. I hope to have something to share in a few weeks.  Thanks for the interest.

Thanks! I look forward to it. :)

On 2014-12-31 at 9:29 AM, Kiba said:

Good work goodbyeccha! I just wrote a bat-file for a rink selection. Check it and if you approve, you may attach it to your original NHL15 package. Just place it on same folder where HOCKEY.EXE is.

rinkselect.zip

Hello again!
I just realised I don't have the team rinks in my game. I have put that rinkselect .bat file in the folder you suggested but I always get the NHL logo on the ice no matter who I play with. Where do I put all the rink artwork files for the individual team rinks?

Any help is always appreciated! :)

Hi, goodbyeccha's NHL15 coversion includes rinks in RINKS-folder. You got to have this on your NHL95-folder. 

You have to run rinkselect.bat for each individual game.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/8/2017 at 9:29 AM, Kiba said:

Hi, goodbyeccha's NHL15 coversion includes rinks in RINKS-folder. You got to have this on your NHL95-folder. 

You have to run rinkselect.bat for each individual game.

Thanks Kiba. Here's an update on the rosters as of today. The lines are not finished but the players are on the correct teams within this conversion. Use these files and override the ones you currently have if you're using this conversion. Cheers!

ATT.DB

KEY.DB

TEAMS.DB

This is awesome. 

Few little errors.

In NHL Info, The Short Team Name for the Toronto Maple Leafs says Maple Leafs when it should be Toronto like the other teams.

Shea Weber is right handed.

Dylan Larkin is missing.  A strange name is in his place.

3 hours ago, DSgamby said:

This is awesome. 

Few little errors.

In NHL Info, The Short Team Name for the Toronto Maple Leafs says Maple Leafs when it should be Toronto like the other teams.

Shea Weber is right handed.

Dylan Larkin is missing.  A strange name is in his place.

Hi DSgamby,

I didn't do the initial conversion I'm not sure how to change the Maple Leafs name as I have also noticed that error and it has been bugging me, LOL. I'll switch around Shea Weber's handedness and add Dylan Larkin... not sure how I missed him.

Thanks!

Updated with Shea Weber right handed shot. Dylan Larkin added to Detroit roster and the trade that happened today with defensemen Kempny going from Chicago to Washington.

I'll post an updated roster after the trade deadline.

Cheers!

TEAMS.DB

ATT.DB

KEY.DB

Awesome.  Thanks.

Just a little error.

Michal Neuvirth #30

Regarding the Maple Leafs.  Just edit in NHL Info.

If you don't have it.  You can get it here.  Put the files in the game folder. 

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2HAAT4ognPFQndKRVZ4am1NUk0

As it is part of my Roster Tutorial Page.

http://www.dsgambelluri.ignitiondomain.com/nhlrostertutorial.html

Edited by DSgamby
  • Thanks 1