NHL'94 Forums

NHL15PC (NHL95PC Conversion)

goodbyeccha

Cool. I'll look into that.

Onto another topic.. has anyone tried doing a playoffs or has entered the playoffs during season mode? It does not continue when I proceed past the first round. I want to know if I have fudged a file up somewhere along the way or if this is happening to everyone else.

Any help is appreciated.

@

On 2/26/2018 at 6:06 AM, Kiba said:

Could you post your season directory here, so I can look at it.

Every time I play the last game of the season and merge to update it to get to the playoffs, things are all messed up after I advance past the first round. Same thing happens when I try to play a playoff series from scratch as well. If you can help me out with this, that would be amazing!

PITTS.LP.rar

I'm using updated rosters within that conversion. My original question was asking if anyone had an issue with the season or playoff mode within that conversion as the playoffs don't calibrate or assign teams except for your original match up so you can't continue to the finals. Wondering if I have deleted something or if there's a fix.

Was chatting with Goodbyeccha about this and he thinks it has something to do with the fact that he adjusted the .exe file so it was happening to him as well. There doesn't appear to be a fix for it. :(

Edited by PenguinFan1985

Your season worked fine, I advanced to playoffs and second round, no problem. Did you remembered to run "File->League Manager->Merge and Update Team Databases" after last game on regular season and after playoffs games too? Something might be wrong anyhow, because when I tried to check things on nhlinfo, it crashed.

EDIT: I remember that Goodbyeccha switched teams around to different conferences. That might cause problems on playoffs. Maybe I just got lucky in my case when I was trying to test this, who knows...

Edited by Kiba
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kiba said:

Your season worked fine, I advanced to playoffs and second round, no problem. Did you remembered to run "File->League Manager->Merge and Update Team Databases" after last game on regular season and after playoffs games too? Something might be wrong anyhow, because when I tried to check things on nhlinfo, it crashed.

EDIT: I remember that Goodbyeccha switched teams around to different conferences. That might cause problems on playoffs. Maybe I just got lucky in my case when I was trying to test this, who knows...

hmmm.. I tried multiple times and it wouldn't start the 2nd round. I was chatting with Goodbyeccha and he did say the switching of the teams messed up the Playoff mode as he couldn't figure it out either. I'm currently working on a new 2018 "mod" and should have that shared with everyone in the next couple weeks. Using Goodbyeccha's jerseys and just updating the rosters/logos.

Thanks for looking into it Kiba!

Edited by PenguinFan1985

3 hours ago, PenguinFan1985 said:

hmmm.. I tried multiple times and it wouldn't start the 2nd round. I was chatting with Goodbyeccha and he did say the switching of the teams messed up the Playoff mode as he couldn't figure it out either. I'm currently working on a new 2018 "mod" and should have that shared with everyone in the next couple weeks. Using Goodbyeccha's jerseys and just updating the rosters/logos.

Thanks for looking into it Kiba!

If you are doing 2018 mod, maybe there is a good idea build it over original NHL95PC, not on Goodbyeccha's mod. You can still move jerseys and other stuff to original game. That would at least fix playoffs problem if it is caused by switching teams to other divisions.

What does the game actually do when you pass from 1st playoffs round? You cannot find opponent on calendar?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kiba said:

If you are doing 2018 mod, maybe there is a good idea build it over original NHL95PC, not on Goodbyeccha's mod. You can still move jerseys and other stuff to original game. That would at least fix playoffs problem if it is caused by switching teams to other divisions.

What does the game actually do when you pass from 1st playoffs round? You cannot find opponent on calendar?

That's the plan. Just working on the rosters at the moment. I have the jerseys all switched. :)

It doesn't find another opponent on the calendar and if you switch to the playoff screen.. it just closes down.

• 9 months later...
On 11/24/2015 at 10:23 PM, inflicktor said:

Tampa bay is being announced as Pitts and colorado as toronto, florida as hartford....there are other issues with team announcements. what software did you use to do your mods? If I can the editing software

you used I would be happy to help fix some of these issues. I love this version of nhl 95 so I have no problems lending a hand with it.

post-1978-0-33506100-1448432619_thumb.pn

Where can I find the software that this screenshot is from?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, Jlsegafan2001 said:

Where can I find the software that this screenshot is from?

Oboe answered me to this same question on this same thread:

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/16399-nhl15pc-nhl95pc-conversion/&do=findComment&comment=162365

• 1 year later...

Anyone know how to substitute goodbyeccha's rink work into the original nhl 95 PC? There is a folder "rinks" and within are subfolders for each team and each of those contain a "rink.qfs" file. (something like that) In the original game there is a single "rinks.qfs" file so I'm not sure how to substitute all rinks?

39 minutes ago, Ellis said:

Anyone know how to substitute goodbyeccha's rink work into the original nhl 95 PC? There is a folder "rinks" and within are subfolders for each team and each of those contain a "rink.qfs" file. (something like that) In the original game there is a single "rinks.qfs" file so I'm not sure how to substitute all rinks?

I ran into the same problem... You can use goodbyeccha's rinks if you want to switch out the main rink for a certain team's rink but there's not a fix to update each team's rink that we can find so far unfortunately. It's a shame because his rinks look awesome.

13 hours ago, PenguinFan1985 said:

I ran into the same problem... You can use goodbyeccha's rinks if you want to switch out the main rink for a certain team's rink but there's not a fix to update each team's rink that we can find so far unfortunately. It's a shame because his rinks look awesome.

This is very unfortunate!

• 3 weeks later...

We have not found out how to export raw graphics from TIL-files. TIL-files have a team logos which will be layered on top of the rink in the original game. That is how in original game each team have their own rink. MAP-files are holding the information where and how to place those logos, it can be done by placing the logos on different places on ice and/or multiple spots. We have not found out how that works exactly either.  

What goodbyeccha did on his mod, was that he emptied the MAP-file, so logos would not be placed over the rink image. Then he just painted new rink to RINK.QFS file for each team to separate files. All those images are placed in RINK folder and selected there manually for each team.

So, just have to replace that RINK.QFS each time you start a new game.

• 2 years later...

FYI, I’ve documented the centre ice format on my EA-NHL-Tools GitHub repo. I knew about the tile data format back in the day but now I know how the .map works and how to change the team specific layouts by hex editing the .exe, and how to make much bigger centre ices. I haven’t tested the limits but I think there’s a potential to do custom graphics across the whole rink.

Documentation is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abdulahmad/EA-NHL-Tools/main/TIL-To-BMP/README.md

if this link breaks in the future, the info will probably still live in the EA-NHL-Tools repo, but in a different location because I probably decided to rename the folder it lives in.

Note the Palette tools which are also in this repository can help with the palette for the centre ice logos (read the readme in the PAL-To-ACT folder, you can extract the palette for the .til file from HOMEPALS using the binToAct script).

Edited by bcrt2000
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 12:51 PM, D. Sekreterenson said:

Hi, so which system does this play on on retroarch I tried nec pc engine and the sega one and neither worked?

It’s a PC game, requires something like Dosbox (I’d recommend something modern like Dosbox-X which doesn’t hav screen tearing issues). Also I don’t think the files here are the whole game, just the ones you need for the upgrade.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...