NHL'94 Forums

NHL' 94 Dream Team Tourney

donnybrook

1) Northway (Chicago) VS 8) LABS_66 (Pittsburgh)

Game 1: PIT 5 CHI 2

Game 2 : CHI 6 PIT 2

Game 3 : PIT 3 CHI 2

PIT WINS

GGS Northway!

First round is in the books! and what an interesting round it was. Every under dog won its round as aside from kingraph advancing over brutus. this should make for a very interesting losers bracket where some of the tourneys best are now fighting it out for survival.

The bracket has been updated and the 2nd round is set. Try to get in contact with your opponent and see when you guys can bang your series out, deadline will be a week from friday, 11/21.

Edited by donnybrook

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game 1: Kallion Snatchers - New Yor Rangers 5-4 ot

Game 2: New York Rangers - Kallion Snatchers 8-2

Game 3: Kallion Snatchers - New York Rangers 5-2

Snatchers win 2-1!

ggs

Edited by Depch

confirmed...intense series. I think Depch scored all 5 that last game in the 3rd! Great series, ggs. I hope to get revenge out of the loser's bracket!

Yeah, it was 0-2 after 2 periods and

got it going in the last for me - "youuu youngbloodsss".

And don't get ahead of it! There's still one more series for me to get past and it's been the tournament of the underdogs so far. These rosters seem to work some magic. Be it the boosted goalie or not anyone getting a clearly better player to abuse or everyone getting to play with a team they'd like or whatever (maybe the Jerseys). :)

Edited by Depch

well played labs!! you and depch will now play in the semi-finals! you guys have 2 weeks to play your series but feel free to bang em out whenever you can. the other two active series' have a week to complete so lets try to get them in asap. Brutus im free anyday, you know where to find me. the bracket is now up to date.

Series with Labs over

Game 1: Kallion Snatchers - Pittsburgh Penguins 8-3

Game 2: Pittsburgh Penguins - Kallion Snatchers 3-1

Game 3: Kallion Snatchers - Pittsburgh Penguins 7-2

Kallio moves onwards wins 2-1

Had 5 perioids of very even hockey in games 2 & 3. Labs played very well and definately was no fluke him winning a few series. Very well played.

How's the feel of these rosters? Any regrets/changes you'd make now?

I like my goalie Burton a lot. Minimal weight, very low speed, minimal awarenesses.

I have not counted is weight 13 chk 6 enough to knock down weight 14 player with a c-check, but if so that might be what I'd change for weight 14 players, maybe. Other than that, not much changes in my mind to my players so far.

How's the feel of these rosters? Any regrets/changes you'd make now?

It's tough to say as I haven't played enough games and definitely didnt play enough to compare the effects of the attributes.

If there was another type of league like this but you further restricted the stats, it would be easier to see the effects of your choices. As is, everyone is still relatively juiced making for a fast, crazy pace of play.

bof3 because if depch loses the first series, they play again and 2 bof7 series would be a bit much it if came to that.

I meant one best of 7 and thats it

I meant one best of 7 and thats it

That would kinda diminish the meaning of winners and losers bracket. It would give equal opportunity for the team coming from the losers bracket, who already has one lost series under their belt. It would make it pointless for even having the brackets.

• 2 weeks later...

raph moves on by default. he and kupuck will now battle it out and loser goes home. do your best to get it done in a reasonable time frame guys so we can continue and see who will be the dream team champion. aiiigh glhfgtfo

*bracket updated

Edited by donnybrook