NHL'94 Forums

BLITZ B 09 - 3rd deadline

LA Robbie

Tomorrow marks the 3rd deadline in this season's Blitz "B" league. 24 games need to be completed before the end of the weekend.

For all but 2 of the league this is not an issue. Only Minpind (2 games) & Chaos (8 games) are in danger of incurring Blitz 10 draft penalties, should they fail to get up to speed.

4 players have actually now completed their seasons. Barring a huge run to the finish from someone else Probob looks to have secured the number 1 seeding with an impressive 31-13 record & 60.5 points. Sicarius fell just a touch short, finsihing up just 1 point back with a 28-13-3 record & Brutus continues to improve and sits currently in 3rd place with a 56 point total after 44 games.

Whilst my Detroit Redwings currently sit 4th in the standings with a 25-17-2 record Donnybrook, Fitzo & Minpind can all realistically pass me and the battle for the final spot in the playoffs would appear to be between Jack&Jose (14-22, 27 points) and Chaos (4-11-1, 9 points). Loads still to play for and exciting scenarios at both ends of the playoff bracket.

After completing their seasons Ottawa's Pavel Bure leads the points standings with 122 (84 goals), just ahead of St. Louis' Brett Hull (117 points, 85 goals). Dino finished up with 114 for the Redwings, but is the current top goal scorer with 92 goals. Tampa Bay's impressive partnership between Pat Lafontaine (109 points, 50 goals) and Cam Neely (96 points, 61 goals) also makes them a huge threat in the playoffs.

The current top 4 scorers all look set to be eclipsed by Boston's Pierre Turgeon who has 89 points after 32 games, including 74 goals, and Quebec's Tomas Sandstrom, currently 1 point shy of his century after just 32 games and an incredible 86 goals. Player of the season candidate already? His main supply line Russ Courtnall also has 72 points having created 49 goals to date. What would your choice be: LaFontaine & Neely or Sandy & Russ?

In terms of goalies Boston's John Blue continues to astound. Such a limited player & yet he sits proudly with a .769 save average after 32 games, eclipsing Ottawa's Patrick Roy (.723) & Detroit's Tom Barrasso (.702). If Blue can keep that form up through the last 12 games & into the playoffs he could be a difference maker when it really starts to count.

Hopefully the guys with games still to play can get it done ahead of time & Blitz B can get it's playoffs under way early. As before, I don't think anyone would be so bold as to try to predict the way this season is gonna go. The points totals of the guys in the 1st 3 places have been superb, & with another couple likely to get close to them it's anyone's guess who will end as champion.

Lastly, i'm sure having finished the likes of Probob, Sicarius & Brutus would be more than willing to step up & help A get their season closed out.

Edited by LA Robbie

My opinion is boot swos hokkee Bo and houly and let 2 of Brutus probob and Sicarius choose which of the above 4 teams they want.

Them 10 strong teams. If hokkee ever returns he'd be first up.

Agree, boot these slackers and let's move on.

And after some debate, I'd go with Sandy/Russ over Laffy/Neely. Just more potent offensively. I'd just like to pair them with a bruiser like Otto though.

Laffy/Neely would let me wait until 6th round to get a RW, as Neely is a great two way C. I could use any RW with those two.

Happy either way though.

My opinion is boot swos hokkee Bo and houly and let 2 of Brutus probob and Sicarius choose which of the above 4 teams they want.

Them 10 strong teams. If hokkee ever returns he'd be first up.

Agreed. a month & a half into the season, zero contact from these guys. I don't understand what the wait is for. Bump em & get the top 3 B guys in there. You've also got Fitzo who's pretty active & reliable. Just get it done rather than letting A die because you wanna keep the standard up. Standard don't mean s**t if the guys aren't playing any more

First of all, nice written Robbie. And about the replacements needed in A, I'd gladly help out but there's always the time zone difference which complicates matters. The four of you who are already done with your games + donnybrook are the best options.

If people take over Bo/Houly teams I wish the games vs them from me would be removed as they only affect me at the moment. Not sure of the league policy on this from previous seasons, but just stating a request. :)

i donno how many spots A needs but id be glad to fill in for somebody if needed

Yeah sorry, I forgot u were well up on ur games too. There are clearly a good 4 or 5 good options to go up to A here

I also would be happy to help, I know my record in Blitz B isn't that great but I'm always looking for any chance to play more and have fun!

Yeah time to replace those slackers. I was hoping bokno would resurrect since I don't remember him being boot from any league I was part of but it appears even the Gaest people can get mofaped.

I'd be happy to introduce Donnybrook, Probob and Brutus in the A division, as replacement coaches. I haven't seen any mention made by sicarius about his intention in coming in as a replacement coach so I assumed Brutus, would fit better, correct me if i'm wrong.

Currently the available teams are:

• Florida Panthers (Houlanov)
  • New York Rangers (BoknowsNHL94)
  • Harford Whalers (Hokkefan)

I suggest that you all send me a PM with your team preferences. I will use an online randomizer, or just a dice, if there's any conflict with your picks.

Big thanks to you heh, this is very appreciated and I hope you will enjoy some intense 94 games.

Yeeeee giddy up fellas welcome aboard.

Btw I hope Jarkko (swos) is ok, not like him to be away for so long.

When Blitz (finally) restarted, he said he lost interest and would be playing NHL'15. I think he's fine, just not interested in playing anymore.

Swos is around, just not that interested in Blitz anymore after the break I assume.

+ Still giving in my request to reset my games vs nyr & fla. Please, pretty please please, with a sugar on a top please. If not, I understand. :)

Edited by Depch

Swos is around, just not that interested in Blitz anymore after the break I assume.

+ Still giving in my request to reset my games vs nyr & fla. Please, pretty please please, with a sugar on a top please. If not, I understand. :)

yeah I'll leave Chaos a note about those.

So we're 2 days past the 3rd deadline & Minpind (2 games) & Chaos (8 games) both missed it & will incur Blitz 10 draft penalties. Can you guys give us an idea of when you might be available to play this week?

The exciting news is that there's a new contender for a playoff spot though. I thought it looked like a toss up between J&J & Chaos for what would probably be the final spot, but out of nowhere Skeletor takes 3 out of 4 from Donnybrook's Boston. A very unexpected result against a player who's just joined the A league & it now makes the playoff picture look very interesting. Really looking forward to seeing which of those 3 can make it by the end. Good job Skeletor!