NHL'94 Forums

Faceoff Window

ricci

Hello, I was curious if anyone new where the graphic for the faceoff window was or if anyone knew how to take the sprite out altogether.

I edited the player sprites to remove the shoulder stripe but the faceoff window doesnt match. If anyone is intereested in the edit let me know.

Thanks.

for the SNES version, this is one of the few things visible in the uncompressed graphics sections. getting the popup to stop and getting the border to not appear are going to be harder than editing the uniforms in the popup, so I think tweaking the image might work for you. use TileLayerPro or the other one and scan carefully until you find that image template. then change it. good luck.

you are quite welcome. I figure there are some Genesis guys who could help, but getting them to respond is likely to be tough. do you have much experience editing the graphics with TileLayerPro or Tile Molester? it's not very easy, but in the Genesis version it isn't exactly hard, either. most of your on-screen graphics are visible in the ROM image if you know how to look. keep in mind that the display colors are likely to be different, so you are looking for the pattern, not the colors. I don't play enough Genesis hacks to know if other folks have found and changed that stuff, but I am pretty sure it's possible. in the faceoff windows for my project, I have reduced the puck size and made that Milbury-looking ref give a quick smile before he drops the puck. there are only like three frames to work with, so it shouldn't be too overwhelming. have fun and remember to post your ROMs to the board for others to enjoy.

Edited by tru

• 6 months later...

Hey sorry for the delay...I 've been chipping away at the faceoff window sprites. It's quite tedious.

This is what I got so far. The in-game uniforms are all set and you are more than welcome to copy and paste them.
post-3067-0-43323900-1431539072_thumb.gi

Nonetheless thanks for your help

I'm hoping for a larger image and a quick explanation of what was altered. also, what was hard? what troubles did you encounter? I'd download your game, but I have yet to figure out how to fix the controller failures I have with all Genesis emulators and all of my controllers. there's a way to make the directional action work, but I just drift to one side every time and don't care enough about the Genesis version to put real effort into getting it going. I'm sorry nobody from the Genesis side stepped up to help you, but I'm happy to see that you have made progress. good luck with your project! tell us more about it, please.

• 6 months later...