NHL'94 Forums

How to still have Home Color uniforms when playing as Team 2(visitor)

NHL94PC

I would like a team to always have their HOME color uniform, when playing either as Team1(home) or as Team2(visitor).

To have a special ROM where you see the Red Hawks, and Blue Blues, playing each other, would be pretty cool.

I see in NOSE, there is a STRIPS menu, so I guess I want to copy the Team 1(home) uniform to also be in the Team 2 slot. Is this possible? and is there a simple way to do it?

To avoid causing a mess, I want this special ROM to just 2 teams selectable: CHI, and STL.

I realize, I have to somehow put CHI and STL at the top of the

team selection using a HexEditor?,

and then use EARE to just make the top 2 teams selectable.

I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Edited by NHL94PC

Yes, you should use NOSE to make the home and away strip the same. It's not difficult to do. If I tried to explain it here it would sound way more complicated than it is. Just use the color dropper feature in NOSE.

To make CHI and STL the only selectable teams is a much much messier proposition

Thanks! I will try doing what you said in Nose.

I realize that moving the teams up to the top 2 slots is not the difficulty, it's getting the correct Logos and Banners up there with them.

Well one step at a time, so I'll try to do the Uniform colors, first.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally had a little free time, to see if can figure out the Color Dropper in Nose.

And sorry to say, I am so worthless at ROM editing, that I can't seem to figure it out.

Instead, could you possibly give me the Offset locations that I would need to modify?

I will use U.F.(user friendly) edition, and Skips recent 2015 as base Roms.

Edited by NHL94PC