NHL'94 Forums

needing to create trailing "00" for NHLPA93 names

jenzie

after four LONG nights trying to be my spreadsheet finished, testing it out, and finding it messes up the rom many many times :glare: i now face something else .....

thanks to SMOZOMA's wonder spreadsheet for his 64 team rom, i tried to recreate it for use on my own useage, and looking at how the SNES rom worked i started my work!

lots of testing, lots of reworking things out, and lots and lots of being stupid!

now i re-realise that the megadrive rom requires all the names hex to be in "even" numbers, any name that has an ODD number of characters needs that extra "00" value to make it even, otherwise the rom goes kablooey!

again :rolleyes:

i tried to actually add the "00" to my names but that only creates the hex value for the zero, and i read up that a "null" character is needed

using SMOZOMA's formula - =if(N$2<min(len(trim($M21)),30),dec2hex(code(mid($M21,N$2+1,1))),""), creates the name fine, but creating the "00"'s only makes them as hex number "30", for BOTH zeroes!

Sergio Romero00 53 65 72 67 69 6F 20 52 6F 6D 65 72 6F 30 30

it should be

Sergio Romero 53 65 72 67 69 6F 20 52 6F 6D 65 72 6F 00

please help

i'll be your friend :red_heart:

:lol:

hmmm

i might not need to know this, because i can open the rom in NOSE and it work's fine, but open it up in GENS and it corrupts!

the offsets are calculated right, the team pointers are correct (the tables are pasted in at @310), and even overpasting the straggle of team data with FF's, after i copy mine in, even the 06 right at the end of the team data ..... not copied in or changed anything else!

i don't even know IF the odd-length names need those trailing 00's to make it work or not, and can't figure out what the formula would be in the cell to tell it it's a odd numbered length, i know where to put the formula (at the end of the space reserved for names)

the formula would be something like *if length of string = odd then "00" otherwise ""* to put those 00's at the end of the name space ..... not being an complete genius at formulae

and i thought COBOL was bleeding hard :horror:

and after two long boobless hours ..... as in my router decided to not authenticate ..... i'm BACK on the frikking interwebs!!!

to give you some GREAT NEWS!

i managed to work out what i needed to do for my spreadsheet, all the calculations work perfectly, they paste in perfectly, and tested out the roms i've already updated!

and now back to the boobs

:exciting:

*not really :P