NHL'94 Forums

SKILL CAP LEAGUE - OFFICIAL START

At last. The inaugural season of the '94 Skill Cap League is ready to begin!

CONCEPT: All teams have had their rosters cut to limit the amount of talent they can have on the ice. In this way the coaches have had to decide how they distribute their best players to produce the most balanced team or the lineup that best suits their playing style.

It's also intended as an introduction to draft leagues for the new players that were invited.

There should be no dominant teams in this league, so the deciding factors will be how each coach has set his team up, & of course who the most skilled player is.

Big big thanks to KingRaph who has set up a brilliant google doc spreadsheet to record all the results & update the standings. It's pretty obvious how to use it when you get on there. Really shows what a great community member King is to do this for us. Thanks again.

https://sites.google.com/site/nhl94scl/

Just remember: The league is set to play 6 games vs each opponent (3 home, 3 away). The opening round is the first 4 games. At the end of the opening round we will have a trade & drafting period before the final 2 games & the playoffs are completed in the closing stage, so to begin with you're playing 4 games vs each opponent. No more.

The coaches & teams are as follows:

SKIP - NEW YORK RANGERS
LABS66 - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
DARKO99 - DETROIT REDWINGS
LUPZ27 - LA KINGS
TEXASPACHYDERM - BOSTON BRUINS
JAGR68 - BUFFALO SABRES
JER33 - NEW JERSEY DEVILS
PEARATE - EDMONTON OILERS

When I get a chance this weekend i'll post a 2nd google doc with each team's roster just to remind everyone who was kept & who was dropped from each team.

Everyone should have the official rom after Skip posted it on the blast group, but if not i'll post it here shortly. Thanks for signing up & making this happen. Good luck everybody & have fun!!!

Edited by LA Robbie

At last. The inaugural season of the '94 Skill Cap League is ready to begin!

CONCEPT: All teams have had their rosters cut to limit the amount of talent they can have on the ice. In this way the coaches have had to decide how they distribute their best players to produce the most balanced team or the lineup that best suits their playing style.

It's also intended as an introduction to draft leagues for the new players that were invited.

There should be no dominant teams in this league, so the deciding factors will be how each coach has set his team up, & of course who the most skilled player is.

Big big thanks to KingRaph who has set up a brilliant google doc spreadsheet to record all the results & update the standings. It's pretty obvious how to use it when you get on there. Really shows what a great community member King is to do this for us. Thanks again.

https://sites.google.com/site/nhl94scl/

Just remember: The league is set to play 6 games vs each opponent (3 home, 3 away). The opening round is the first 4 games. At the end of the opening round we will have a trade & drafting period before the final 2 games & the playoffs are completed in the closing stage, so to begin with you're playing 4 games vs each opponent. No more.

The coaches & teams are as follows:

SKIP - NEW YORK RANGERS

LABS66 - PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

DARKO99 - DETROIT REDWINGS

LUPZ27 - LA KINGS

TEXASPACHYDERM - BOSTON BRUINS

JAGR68 - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

JER33 - NEW JERSEY DEVILS

COACHMAC - EDMONTON OILERS

When I get a chance this weekend i'll post a 2nd google doc with each team's roster just to remind everyone who was kept & who was dropped from each team.

Everyone should have the official rom after Skip posted it on the blast group, but if not i'll post it here shortly. Thanks for signing up & making this happen. Good luck everybody & have fun!!!

rom?

Here is the official rom guys

Also, I was investigating http://nhl94hockey.com/as a way to record team stats.

From the looks of it you can only keep a track of ur win/loss record but you do get a box score for each game, so although it wont give you a table with your point scorers' totals, you will have access to the individual game info.

You'll need to register on the site & then use that account to only log games for this league if you want to use it as a stat tracker.

Anyone wanting to take coachmac's team let me know

SCLseason1open.bin

Yeah just head there to the link & enter the results of your games. It will automatically update the standings. Brilliant job King has done for us

Is this still a go???

As usual I have been super busy at work. Haven't been able to get on & check.

Really hope everyone is going to start getting games in this weekend. As there are no other leagues on it's great competition for you new(er) players

I am in CoachMac's 92 league but I will be around this weekend also for games! Nothing really happening last night so hopefully tonight and tomorrow night are more active

Can we start getting some games in here please guys. King has put the effort in to give us a great little site.

There r no ther leagues on right now so it should be a great opportunity to play ahead of next classic & GDL etc

There is no option for the overtime on the google doc...

First game was BOS @ EDM 4-3 OT

For whatever reason this game is not showing up in the standings & results. but it is listed as being added in "Latest Games". We played 4 games, Pearate added all 4, but this 4-3 game which was Game1 of BOS@EDM is not showing on any of the pages as having taken place. Please advise...

and here were our results:

BOS 4-3 (OT) - (@EDM)

EDM 3-1 - (@EDM)

BOS 8-3 - (@BOS)

EDM 6-5 - (@BOS)

Edited by TexasPachyderm

Ohh I see the problem, Pearate entered that game that is not showing up properly as:

02/22 9:18 PM EDM - 3 EDM - 4

It should be EDM - 3 / BOS - 4

Wrong team entered causing the error. Sorry about that.

Edited by TexasPachyderm

Ohh I see the problem, Pearate entered that game that is not showing up properly as:

02/22 9:18 PM EDM - 3 EDM - 4

It should be EDM - 3 / BOS - 4

Wrong team entered causing the error. Sorry about that.

Still need someone to fix this mistake when there is time. thx.

Just a heads up Jagr68 is Buffalo not Chicago, and google doc doesnt have Buffalo in it, I am going to log our games as Chicago VS LA thou and then someone can fix the team name.

Thanks Lupz. Totally forgot about that change when i copied the teams from an earlier thread. Log them as chicago for now

Great stuff guys. Texas' Boston Bruins are running away with things right now: 18-6 with 4 games to play before the trade period.

Jer has played 18 with his NJ Devils & Darko has 14 played with Detroit.

Rest of you need to pick it up a touch so we can get to the 28 game trade period. Keep the games going. I'm going to put a date of Wednesday April 8th to get to your 28. I come back from 2 weeks in Europe then so I won't be able to run any trade periods or edit the rom etc b4 that. Gives everyone more than enough time to get there.