NHL'94 Forums

GDLXII - Playoff Picture

kingraph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want someone to play, DQ them and they will come online to complain instantly as if they weren't busy all along and then proceed to play their series within the next day.

Edited by Premium

^^ I agree, happens all the time when I replace people in Classic.

Btw, Frey/Depch played their series this morning (or at least uploaded it). Frey/Houly can proceed! I'm still working to track down Bok. Plabax/Fitzo is the other series as Uncle Seth patiently awaits the winner there.

Faganov around this weekend?

Houly, please post your availability

^

anytime after 6 pm

So preseason GDL rosters, and coaches used to decide IMO you have the top 3, and possibly will get the top 4 guys into the semifinals if Freydey beats Houly, or Frey gets a free pass.

Plabax, doesn't really matter who he has roster wise.

Freydey with Selanne

King and Dino

Seth and Klima (I also believe his top 3 forwards have the best chemistry for some reason).

Those would be my top 4 anyway, and the regular season results, and playoff results so far support that, even thou you can't count Houly out with Recchi, so maybe this post is premature.

Should be an awesome semi, and final, hope someone gets the recordings, and posts the series, I'd love to watch!

And GL to the remaining 5.

Glad I got to be apart of this GDL season it was a awesome experience, and one that probably fully hooked me to 94. So much thanks to Ice (hope everything is alright in his world), and King who took over. Not to forget the many others who helped me in the process of learning the ins, and outs of player attributes, and such during the draft, you know who you guys are thank you.

Edited by Lupz27

Plabax, doesn't really matter who he has roster wise.

Freydey with Selanne

King and Dino

Seth and Klima (I also believe his top 3 forwards have the best chemistry for some reason).

I have Gretzky. Had him last season aswell.

Edited by Premium

Frey would be the odds-on favorite to beat Houly, but Houly has been having his best season so far, so you never know! Very tough semi-final and final for sure. Houly is usually active, so this silence is unusual.

I will record my series vs Frey/Houly and I always ask the finals to be recorded as well, so we can watch the vids. While I think Plabax is the favorite against Seth, Seth has been playing great, with good discipline, so I predict this will go 6-7 games, with an edge to Plabber. It'd be great to record that series too, but I can understand not wanting to show your videos before the finals, so we may all wait a while to see any semi-final and final vids.

I have Gretzky. Had him last season aswell.

I know. I know. And you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

So the semifinal matchups are as predicted. Unfortunately Frey is out on vacation for 10 days, so this will have to wait some more. Sucks, but there's nothing we can really do. Once Frey returns, we'll play our GAs quickly.

Plab crushes Seth to win series 4-1. Good luck to whoever plays this guy next, him w/Gretzky is nearly unstoppable. I had no answer for that aspect of his game.

Great season Seth, I thought your game improved a lot this season and you had a great shot at beating out the defending champ! Hope to catch you around for exis!

• 2 weeks later...

Phenomenal season for you too Raphie. Are you going to re-sign BB (Bald Bellows) or let him walk?

Should be a wild final. Frey's team doesn't look so hot on paper, but man can that speed be a force to contain, solid drafting on his part, and best GC control in league. Up against "Premium" Plavix and his masterful use of # 99, who turns even that slug Kevin Stevens into a formidable scoring threat.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Teemu is a beast, and gets undervalued behind Mogs IMO, my top 3 are JR, Yzerman, Selanne.

I think it's more Frey's D that does me in each time than Teemu.

Averaging goals for Nyr 4,4 gpg and Que 5,8 gpg doesn't look like a great defensive battle either way, even though I'm sure you guys had great defensive moments in the series. :)

Players with better defence can usually come to dominate even with slower teams as well taking those pucks away early and creating more turnovers so the opponent defence is not on it's place and is constantly on the move. This is what happens to me often vs Plabax for example, I'm often a few keystrokes behind and I seldom get my D work the way I would like to. From my personal feel I think Frey relies more often on speed getting that puck deep, but he can play great defence as well.

Finals will be interesting. Two best GC in the game meet up. Selänne vs Gretzky. Speed vs Agility. Plabax in my mind with the better D, but Frey is not far.

Recording finals would be greatly appreciated indeed. :)

Saturday afternoon?

sunday then