NHL'94 Forums

SKILL CAP LEAGUE - SEASON 1 TRADE PERIOD - RD 1

Evening guys. Sorry this has taken so long to get round to. As you all know my life has just got crazy the past 5 or 6 weeks, but I didn't want to let those of you that signed up for this league down. After this trade period & rom edit the league should be a lot easier to run.

So what happens now? Well, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments to your roster & then draft & trade players. I will allow you to continue playing through this period to get up to your 28 games, but not beyond. The changes made will come into effect from game 29 onwards. Any games played after this post will not improve your draft position.

Taking into account DNPs (+2 for each DNP) the draft order looks like this:

1.1. Buffalo (Jagr68) 6 pts (TUESDAY 28/4 18:00PM ET) TEEMU SELANNE (DROPS DALE HAWERCHUK)

1.2. Edmonton (Pearate) 24 pts (TUESDAY 28/4 19:00PM ET) SKIPPED

1.3. New Jersey (Jer) 26 pts (TUESDAY 28/4 20:00PM ET) ERIC LINDROS (DROPS FETISOV)

1.4. Detroit (Darko99) 38 pts (TUESDAY 28/4 21:00PM ET) SKIPPED

1.5. LA (Lupz) 38 pts) (TUESDAY 28/4 22:00PM ET) JEREMY ROENICK (DROPS McSORLEY)

1.6. New York (Skip) 40 pts (TUESDAY 28/4 23:00PM ET) PATRICK ROY (DROPS RICHTER) Up from minors: Tikkanen, Cirella, Andersson; drop Graves, Patrick, Leetch

1.7. Boston (Texaspachyderm) 42 pts (WEDNESDAY 29/4 13:00PM ET) PIERRE TURGEON (DROPS DONATO)

1.8. Pittsburgh (Labs66) 46 pts (WEDNESDAY 29/4 14:00PM ET) MARK RECCHI (DROPS KEVIN STEVENS) Up from minors: Jagr, drops Barrasso)

Any one who doesnt make the deadline will be skipped. Anyone who hasnt picked by the start of the next round will have no changes to their roster.

We will have 3 draft rounds. You can pick any player you want from the unused teams in the game, so, for example Lupz could select Steve Smith, as no one is playing as Chicago. However, you must follow the skill cap rules in place to keep all teams even, so, Rob Blake for example may have to be dropped to get Smith.

The roster structure rules were as follows:

1) "THE SICARIUS": 2 x Tier 1 players, 2 x Tier 2 players, 2 x Tier 3 players + Tier 4 players to complete the roster

or

2) "THE FREYDEY": 1 x Tier 1 players, 3 x Tier 2 players, 3 x Tier 3 players + Tier 4 players to complete the roster

or

3) "THE PLABAX": 0 x Tier 1 players, 4 x Tier 2 players, 4 x Tier 3 players + Tier 4 players to complete the roster

or

4) "THE KINGRAPH": 3 x Tier 1 players, 0 x Tier 2 players, 1 x Tier 3 players + Tier 4 players to complete the roster

In each draft round you should make your post stating who you are drafting, & which player is being dropped from your roster. For example:

"RD 1.5 LUPZ (LA) DRAFTS STEVE SMITH FROM CHICAGO. DROPS ROB BLAKE"

I remind you of how to determine a player's tier using the Blitz draft history:

PLAYER TIERING SYSTEM
All players in the game will be "tiered" depending on their Blitz draft history. Players will be categorised as tier 1,2,3 or 4 as follows:

TIER 1 PLAYERS:
FORWARDS: Pick 6 (Mario Lemieux) to pick 27 (Russ Courtnall)
DEFENSMEN: Pick 9.8 (Ray Bourque) to pick 56 (Steve Smith)
GOALIES: Pick 11 (Roy) to pick 59 (Barrasso)

TIER 2 PLAYERS:
FORWARDS: Pick 30 (Fedorov) to pick 79 (Ronning)
DEFENSMEN: Pick 57 (Larry Murphy) to pick 82.8 (Jeff Brown)
GOALIES: Pick 60 (Ranford) to pick 71.6 (Cheveldae)

TIER 3 PLAYERS:
FORWARDS: Pick 82 (Andreychuk) to pick 132 (Gagner)
DEFENSMEN: Pick 83.6 (Fetisov) to pick 169 (Lumme)
GOALIES: Pick 76 (McClean) to pick 113 (Casey)

TIER 4 PLAYERS:
FORWARDS: All fowards from pick 138 (Momesso) & below
DEFENSMEN: All defensmen from pick 171 (Murzyn) & below
GOALIES: All goalies from pick 135.6 (Hrudey) & below

Finally, at any point you can drop a player from your roster & call up anyone you sent down to the minors before the season started. Example:

"Darko (Detroit) drops Paul Coffey. Calls up Dino Ciccarelli"

Calling up a player from the minors will not cost you a trade pick & can be done at any time in the trade period.

You are also allowed 3 trades with your rival coaches, which can be made at any point. You might do a straight swap with a tier 1 player for a tier 1 player for example, or maybe you'll combine players, perhaps swapping two tier 2 players for a tier 1 & a tier 3 etc. The only rule is that your roster has to stay within the skill cap structure by the end of the trade period. Anyone who's roster doesn't fit in will have to drop players & call up lesser tier players from the minors at the end to make their roster fit if necessary.

GLHF!

Edited by LA Robbie

With the 1st pick in the SCL Trade Period Draft, BUF selects F Teemu Selanne, drops F Dale Hawerchuk.

Yes, upper management knows we need to get heavier but being a speed whore they will deal with it elsewhere...

Pearate on the clock!

Edited to drop Hawerchuk and retain LaFontaine after Robbie's response.

Edited by jagr68

Question: does it matter what our roster structure is during the draft/trade period in terms of tiers or are we good as long as we fit one of the 4 presented structures when all dust has settled (i.e. I drop a T3 player and draft a T1 but by end of the entire period I fit 1 of the 4 structures)?

IF IT DOES NOT MATTER, I drop Hawerchuk instead of LaFontaine. This is not terribly important to me however so do not let it hold up the draft if Robbie is later in answering.

Edited by jagr68

Question: does it matter what our roster structure is during the draft/trade period in terms of tiers or are we good as long as we fit one of the 4 presented structures when all dust has settled (i.e. I drop a T3 player and draft a T1 but by end of the entire period I fit 1 of the 4 structures)?[/size]

IF IT DOES NOT MATTER, I drop Hawerchuk instead of LaFontaine. This is not terribly important to me however so do not let it hold up the draft if Robbie is later in answering.[/size]

Make whatever drafts you want right now. At the end if you can't fit all your players into the structures given you will have to drop someone & call up one of your team's original players from the minors

If we had to drop a player in order to maintain roster complaince, then that player would be available to draft?

If there are no consequences for drafting, then the strategy should be to load up and hope to make trades?

Once your player is dropped he is available to all, so anyone in your rivals' rosters not currently player can be drafted.

At the end of the draft period if you cant fit everyone in you will have to drop some of your better players & call up some of the lesser players that didn't make the cut before the season started. Draft whoever right now, but it could be a waste of time if you can't fit them in

Just to be clear - are the time slots when we can begin our pick - or is it the end-time?

My slot says 20:00 EST, so do I pick at 8PM, or is my sot 7-8PM?

Cheers

I have same question as jer.

Also can I draft a player from say Pittsburgh if he isn't on the guy in control of Pittsburghs roster? Like Jagr for example.

Edited by Lupz27

The time is the deadline. Next guy can pick at that time. Yes you can pick an unused player from another guys roster. Jagr is available to draft

Guys the Blitz draft history contains all the best players in the rom.

If you check the rom or the roster cutting thread you can see which players were not originally selected at the start of the season too

NYR selects Patrick Roy, drops Mike Richter

Doesn't Tikk count as your draft pick, because if not I'd think of taking him over JR?

NYR selects Patrick Roy, drops Mike Richter

Sorry never mind didn't read the post correctly

1.8 Pittsburgh adds Mark Recchi and drops Kevin Stevens

Edited by LABS_66

I will be ready to draft R2 in the AM (I am checking out tonight) as soon as we confirm this is a straight draft.

Edited by jagr68

Yep rd2 continues today. When I get to work later i'll post it

Edited by LA Robbie