NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 10 SEASON IS OVER!

As soon as I find time, I'll go through & try to figure out how to use the site's commissioner setup & get the playoff tree started.

Minus Darko as a sub, only Jer flaked out on us in B, and did not finish his games and also brought down Probob full completion.

Also kudos to Wally for turning Tampa around and going like 16-6-1 to make the post season (quick count).

A strong thanks to AJ, TK & Tex for filling in & finishing most of their games. Seemed to have lost zepp towards the end of the season, but 33 games is still better than Houly put up on his own.

Plabber has a 5.57 GF vs GA 3.33 for a 2.24 goal differential and a .730 win percentage. Raph's the only one higher at .737, so Plabber is the early odds on favorite to defend his title.

I have to say to defend Jer that we tried so many times to catch each other but can't do it in the last days. Sometimes we we missed by only 15 mn.

I really wanted to get my 44 games in and did my best but i think i played all guys who are in playoffs so no consequences for the league!!!

Good luck guys for the playoffs and see you next season!!!

As soon as I find time, I'll go through & try to figure out how to use the site's commissioner setup & get the playoff tree started.

Minus Darko as a sub, only Jer flaked out on us in B, and did not finish his games and also brought down Probob full completion.

Also kudos to Wally for turning Tampa around and going like 16-6-1 to make the post season (quick count).

A strong thanks to AJ, TK & Tex for filling in & finishing most of their games. Seemed to have lost zepp towards the end of the season, but 33 games is still better than Houly put up on his own.

Plabber has a 5.57 GF vs GA 3.33 for a 2.24 goal differential and a .730 win percentage. Raph's the only one higher at .737, so Plabber is the early odds on favorite to defend his title.

I'll set it up for you. Just post the seeding.

I'm at work, and tied up until late tonight. I'll try to get to it, but if Plabber or any of the other long time Blitz vets wants to post them, please do. It'd be appreciated and get the playoffs started a day earlier probably.

If not, I'll get it when I get home.

Top 8 in points make the playoffs, seeds by pts percentage?

This is how it has been done since the beginning, just checked.

What's going on with DNP penalties? I noticed last year A teams were docked 1 point for DNPs and B teams were docked 2 points (WTF?). Has this been posted for this season?

DNP'S should go by the original rules that we all assumed we were playing under for penalties against the standings.

I may/may not mess w/ draft order & all that to possibly change things around based on some horrible play rate this season.

Either way, for anyone doing the calculations, A & B the same...and whatever the DNP's for playoff seeding etc, go by what we were using.

Edited by Brutus

DNP'S should go by the original rules that we all assumed we were playing under for penalties against the standings.

I may/may not mess w/ draft order & all that to possibly change things around based on some horrible play rate this season.

Either way, for anyone doing the calculations, A & B the same...and whatever the DNP's for playoff seeding etc, go by what we were using.

Well, last season and the one before I believe were done differently than when smoz ran it. He calculated the DNP penalties based on the number of games both coaches were missing. I can't find an example of it though.

Hey guys, great season. I am digging through old posts but cannot find anything on how the points work. Not sure how it works for OT losses and the random .5 points, or are they the same thing? And yes, I am a bit upset that I finished 2nd with the highest winning % hahaha :-)

Edited by skip

OT win is 1.5 pts, OTL is 0.5 pts

Hey guys, great season. I am digging through old posts but cannot find anything on how the points work. Not sure how it works for OT losses and the random .5 points, or are they the same thing? And yes, I am a bit upset that I finished 2nd with the highest winning % hahaha :-)

It's supposed to be 1 point per dnp & seeding based on pts percentage ( not win percentage since there is a weight for OT's w/ points).

Last yr was re-seeding after each rd, or at lest that's what Frey posted). Not sure if it was like that before. I'll check after this meeting.

Edited by Brutus

I have to say to defend Jer that we tried so many times to catch each other but can't do it in the last days. Sometimes we we missed by only 15 mn.

I really wanted to get my 44 games in and did my best but i think i played all guys who are in playoffs so no consequences for the league!!!

Good luck guys for the playoffs and see you next season!!!

Thanks bud - I really did push hard to get all of those games in. Probob was kind enough to play through a lousy lagged game, but we didn't want to play our entire series like that... and couldn't connect to get that series completed either.

Was pretty happy with my team and my season - my win totals have improved every season I've played Blitz and I probably would have had a hold of a playoff spot if I'd split my games with Darko.

Cheers guys.

Jer

Then boo on both you f&ckers for soiling the B completion goal of 100%!

Jer is still one of my favorite buds on the site & one of my favorite comments by him referred to how half of what is said online would probably not be said if the other dude was in the same room as you!