NHL'94 Forums

Playoffs ROM

I used 1 point penalty for each DNP, and used that to set the top 8 teams in both A & B. This only played a role in A though, as zep's DNP's knocked him out of the playoffs.

Then I used Points Percentage to determine the order.

For A, here is how the series shape up:

Raph vs Tex

Plabber vs Fitzo

Zalex vs Depch

Tk vs AJ

I have no plans to re-seed after Round 1. It's set for Tourney style in my mind. IF THERE ARE 5 plus coaches who object to this in A, I will change it to re-seed. B is not re-seeding regardless.

For B, here is how the series shape up, as DNP did not change the ranking of Points Percentage, it was cut & dry 1-8:

Brutus vs Skeletor (that damn sausage is gonna suffer now!!)

Skip vs Wojo

Min vs Chaos

J&J vs Robro

2 weeks till forfeits passed out. As soon as we have a ROM, I will edit this post some and start contacting people to establish communication as a go between to maintain who would get the forfeit for a series not being played.

Edited by Brutus

Also, if both coaches have legit reasons for delays, I can go case by case, but if it's mutual, the higher seed would probably move on.

In these instances, I'm going to go strictly with commissioner's call, unless it pertains to my own series, and then I'll consult Chaos.

Well, NHL has complicated wild card & divisional rules involved in their re-seed, so to me, some of it makes sense. MLB, NBA & NFL do not re-seed. So, for 8 team leagues where I already re-seed based on percentages instead of overall points, I didn't think there existed a need to keep re-seeding, since #6-8 seeds will clearly be the lower seeds, and in other tournament/playoff setups, if a rare upset happens, that team enjoys the higher seed it took over.

I had asked around if anyone wanted to go with re-seeding after Round 1or not, but no one answered, including you. I personally do NOT like the re-seed, so in the absence of a response, went with my preference.

However, I reviewed the original Blitz, and it was re-seeded, so if enough guys ask for re-seeding before Round 2 starts, I'll use the re-seeding.

Otherwise, I'll leave it how I prefer. Either way, I doubt it changes much on the big picture.

I used NOSE to set overtime to 20 minutes, or 1200 seconds.

I'm not sure if I did this right, but here is the ROM I saved off of this. Some one please test this & confirm it is right.

I also posted it on the first thread here as well in case someone is mentally challenged at finding ROMs.

Only 2 series played so far. Guys, please get your games in.

I'll try to PM anyone who hasn't played by Friday night to set up who is skipping out and figure out forfeits end of next week.

99 minutes, not 20. What if the game goes past the 20

Only 2 series played so far. Guys, please get your games in.

I'll try to PM anyone who hasn't played by Friday night to set up who is skipping out and figure out forfeits end of next week.

Sorry, I've been waiting for the correct rom to be posted. I didn't realize things had started.

This is the ROM but if someone wants to make a different rom w/ longer OT, go ahead post it & use it for your series.

It'll load the save state just the same