NHL'94 Forums

2015 Deadline Rom - Naples39

naples39

So I decided to give this year the "deadline" rom treatment I've done for seasons in the 80s and 90s.  Basically it's current trade deadline rosters with the full suite of graphics updates.  File attached at bottom.

EDIT: Version b download added for playoff matchups and revised Ducks jerseys.

2015deadline.zip

2015deadline-b.bin

Edited by naples39

I fixed some of the jerseys if you don't mind.2015deadline_jerseyfix.zip

Edit: I actually screwed up the jerseys.

Edited by Seano7302

Just asking out of curiosity, as I never could understand why EA Sports titles NHL Hockey games the way that they have done since NHLPA Hockey '93.

Given that this ROM hack provides all of the rosters that were finalized for the 20I4~20I5 season trade deadline, would this technically be what NHL 'I6 will be delivering to us for player rosters, when that title comes out?

I had to ask because I never could understand why EA Sports makes each game about the previous season's roster, yet names it the year that takes place after the season and Stanley Cup Finals are over.

That had always confused me when I was younger; vehicle models do the same thing, now that I think of it, I think that is where my confusion had come from when I had noticed that the NHL Hockey and even the RBI Baseball series had done this with every game beginning with '93.

NHLPA 93 was for the beginning of the 1993 Season.

No Stats for 1993 are available at the beginning of the season. :)

In those days many of the Free Agency moves from the summer could not be included.

In NHL Hockey (92) Messier is still an Oiler for this reason. The roster for (92) was finished in May before the Sharks had the dispersal draft, hence they are completely fictional, by the time 93 and 94 came around the expansion draft was included so the Lightning, Sens, Panthers, and Ducks rosters show the players selected.

NHL 16 will be for the beginning of the 2016 Season.

Now a days we can react much quicker and I believe they post roster updates often for the new systems.

Naples and Skip do it for 94.

Ah, I see.

The way that it sounds may indeed be confusing a little bit, given the way that you say that matters had worked back then for the I99X titles, but it seems rather easy to understand, given how you had explained it, makes sense to me; I am glad that you could help clear up my confusion on that. (:

Now, if I had to make reference to my project, MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5, in discussion to the topic regarding the way that seasons work, MIAA 20I5 is for the 20I4~20I5 season.

The Demos, Beta, Revision 00, and 02 on 02 copies of Volumes 0I to 04 have the Player Ratings and Statistics based on how they had done up to the end of their final game in the regular season; Volume 05 and The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden will have the teams' ratings and statistics higher than their Volume 0I to 04 counterparts because that is where the teams come into Post~Season territory, and they are about 07 months more powerful than their regular season counterparts, respectively.

Unlike the NHL though, the MIAA, being a part of the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS), is both non~profit and just runs the sports leagues of the Senior High schools, which also means that they do not do roster trades, as a result of this (although I could understand why they would not do so anyway, I am ample positive that a lot of parents would not be very well accepting of their children going to a different school or city just for playing sports with another team than the one that they were already a part of).

Theoretically, this would mean that editing up an MIAA roster would probably not be as complicated as I presume that it could be for editing up rosters for a league with roster trades; the issue that I have is worse, actually, and that is because of the fact that neither the MIAA nor MyHockey LIVE store all 086 of their team rosters (they are not all in one spot, not even MHL has all 086 teams present on there, but they have most of them), they also get rid of the records of each roster when the next season's rosters are ready for action, which is truthfully bad for a ROM hack such as mine, as it puts me in a race against time with this project (as I require the 086 teams to be ready in full to work on Volume 05 and all future installments, as those will just recycle the main 086), but I digress.

I also use 20I5 as the year for the game because the finals for the MIAA Women's Hockey playoffs had taken place on March 0I5 of 20I5 at TD Banknorth Garden, as well as the fact that there are no available 20I3~20I4 records to make an MIAA 20I4 out of.

For continuity reasons, given that I do not know if I will work on an MIAA Women's Hockey 20I6, as I do not know if both the MIAA and MyHockey LIVE will be competent enough to save the league's rosters in full for the 20I5~20I6 season, in the event that I ever do create another MIAA Women's Hockey title, then chances are that it will just simply be known to us as MIAA Women's Hockey II, kind of similar as to how Konami had done with Pro Yakyuu Spirits II to Pro Yakyuu Spirits VI in Japan, just so that numbering the season with a year was not a factor that they had to deal with, makes matters easier in the long run, I would say.

I fixed some of the jerseys if you don't mind.attachicon.gif2015deadline_jerseyfix.zip

Edit: I actually screwed up the jerseys.

Given the limits of the genesis color palette and the NHL 94 player sprites, there is no way the jerseys can be 100% correct. You have to make some subjective choices. Which jerseys did you have issue with?

Given the limits of the genesis color palette and the NHL 94 player sprites, there is no way the jerseys can be 100% correct. You have to make some subjective choices. Which jerseys did you have issue with?

The Ducks were bugging me, but I tried to change it and the swos patch went wrong.

The Ducks were bugging me, but I tried to change it and the swos patch went wrong.

Yeah, I almost changed that one. I'll take another look at it if I do revised version of this rom after the finals are over.

This is truly awesome! I literally stumbled on this site thinking: "Man, I miss that game. Wish they had the latest rosters."

This rom is great, but there seems to be an issue with playoff mode. When I scroll through the using Fusion 3.64, the rom seems to freeze. Also, it seems that with the playoff system, Chicago plays Philly. Sorry for totally forgetting the game from back in the day, but is this some sort of limitation when editing the original rom?

Again, great work!

This is truly awesome! I literally stumbled on this site thinking: "Man, I miss that game. Wish they had the latest rosters."

This rom is great, but there seems to be an issue with playoff mode. When I scroll through the using Fusion 3.64, the rom seems to freeze. Also, it seems that with the playoff system, Chicago plays Philly. Sorry for totally forgetting the game from back in the day, but is this some sort of limitation when editing the original rom?

Again, great work!

Now that you bring it up, I never set the playoff matchups when editing the rom. They can be edited in NOSE if you want to fix that for your own use at the moment.