NHL'94 Forums

Most Heartbreaking Loss

I was playing against the CPU today, and got a 3-0 lead in the first. I was quite excited, and wanted to finish the game to see how many goals I could get. About 30 seconds into the seconds, my goalie makes a save, and when I begin the breakout, he drop passes it into his own net. I brushed it off, but on the next play, Teemu Selanne with his 6/6 skating ability, comes at the net and snipes it on my frozen manual goalie. Like the last goal, I treat it as a small bump in the road, and end up scoring 3 more on pass shots and one timers.

I take 2'penakties almost back to back midway through the third, and both result in power play goals. So now it's 6-4, with about 1:30 left. I rush up, and the puck is saved by Essensa. He passes it, straight ahead, through Barasso's legs and makes it a one goal game. I maintain control of the puck, but with 10 seconds left, I lose it a pond the CPU runs the goalie and puts it in. We go to OT, and the invisible wall behind the goalie keeps out a Jagr to Lemuiex one timer. I end up giving up the softest goal ever, with it bouncing in between my goalie and the post twice.

Because of this, I wanted to ask you guys, what was your worst/most heartbreaking loss?

that read like a Genesis nightmare. is that version is so moody and momentum-based that you can lose to the AI while full-on trying?

that read like a Genesis nightmare. is that version is so moody and momentum-based that you can lose to the AI while full-on trying?

I'm also pretty bad at the game, but not bad enough to lose like that. It just seemed so weird.

2012 league...game 4 of playoffs (I'm down 0-3 to IceStorm's Maple Leafs). I'm up 5-2 with less than 1:30 to go. I give up 4 goals to lose 6-5 in regulation. It was a crushing defeat, especially getting swept. I wasn't sure if I would keep playing '94 after that one.

You can watch that carnage here! https://youtu.be/YMdEm3w_UYk?t=527

Not a long time for me!! Spring Classic 15,conf' semi-finals,game 3. I play Skip and his Nordiques against my Bruins.

Skip punish me during 2 periods to take a 7-2 lead!!! I score my 3rd goal with 1mn left in 2nd and then i make an incredible come- back in 3rd to tie the game with only 10s left!! OT!!! I am pretty happy to be still in the game!! And for what??? Nothing!!! Skip crucify me with a Sakic one-timer after only 8s in OT!!! All that for that i said to myself!!! Hard to be back in the serie in my head after a loss like that!!!

But that was an incredible game! The best of the serie and maybe the best i ever played!!! And against a great bud too!!!

GDL 09 vs BoKnowsNHL94 - Game 7

GDL X vs Icestorm - Game 7

I lose both games 6-5 after sloppy play in which my opponent piles on goals and then a late push by myself comes up short. When I look at it now, I definitely would have won the title had I won these games.

In GDL 09 I would have played TomKabs (I had beaten him exactly a week earlier) and swos before taking on Carse in the final.

In GDL X I would have beat swos in the final.

BoKnowsNHL94 (1) vs Plabax (8)

----------------------------------------------

I definitely outplayed Bo in this series. Late in Game 5 (series tied 2-2) I had the lead and with my goalie I willingly decided to pass it in Bo's direction and I got scored on. I don't know why I did it but I honestly didn't care too much because I really thought I was going to win regardless. I lost that game in OT but bounced back in Game 6 with my most dominating game of the season.

Game 7 was a mess. Bo brought his A-game and I was in a hole early on. I fought back and got back into the game. I'm pretty sure I hit the post on a penalty shot THEN on what was going to be a breakaway my team took a penalty :(

I had a final rush, missed and then just saved the state while we were still in play. We didn't even end up seeing the three stars.

------------------------------

Icestorm NHL94 (1) vs Plabax (3)

I came off a 4-2 series victory against Carse and I knew I was better than swos. The problem was, I wasn't confident in beating Icestorm. I used to think he was the best player in the community (I was very wrong lol :P).

Anyway, games 1 and 2 I got destroyed by Icestorm. My heart wasn't even racing, it just felt like I was going to lose. The problem was, my team of buggers was not good enough on the offensive end to score against Icestorm's great defensive and goalie play.

Game 3 I found a rhythm and came out with the win. Game 4 I lost, but I had the extreme confidence I needed in my ability to force a game 7.

I dominated games 5 and 6 and before game 7, I didn't underestimate my opponent like I did with Bo the year before.

Game 7 starts and early on I give away the puck with my goalie. Icestorm scores on the open net, 1-0 for him. I come back and take the lead 2-1 before Ice ties it up at 2. In the second period, Icestorm scores 3 goals in 5 seconds and all of a sudden I'm down 5-2. Early in the third period I'm able to make it 5-4 and I have all the momentum until I give it away with my goalie yet again, and Icestorm takes advantage. It seems like a backbreaker goal but then I come right back and score to make it 6-5. The rest of the game is all me. Point-blank shots in the crease, one-timers. everything. Ice stops it all and I lose the game. I lost this series more than Ice won it. In the end, I knew swos beat Ice in the finals and he did.

GDL 09 vs BoKnowsNHL94 - Game 7

GDL X vs Icestorm - Game 7

I lose both games 6-5 after sloppy play in which my opponent piles on goals and then a late push by myself comes up short. When I look at it now, I definitely would have won the title had I won these games.

In GDL 09 I would have played TomKabs (I had beaten him exactly a week earlier) and swos before taking on Carse in the final.

In GDL X I would have beat swos in the final.

BoKnowsNHL94 (1) vs Plabax (8)

----------------------------------------------

I definitely outplayed Bo in this series. Late in Game 5 (series tied 2-2) I had the lead and with my goalie I willingly decided to pass it in Bo's direction and I got scored on. I don't know why I did it but I honestly didn't care too much because I really thought I was going to win regardless. I lost that game in OT but bounced back in Game 6 with my most dominating game of the season.

Game 7 was a mess. Bo brought his A-game and I was in a hole early on. I fought back and got back into the game. I'm pretty sure I hit the post on a penalty shot THEN on what was going to be a breakaway my team took a penalty :(

I had a final rush, missed and then just saved the state while we were still in play. We didn't even end up seeing the three stars.

------------------------------

Icestorm NHL94 (1) vs Plabax (3)

I came off a 4-2 series victory against Carse and I knew I was better than swos. The problem was, I wasn't confident in beating Icestorm. I used to think he was the best player in the community (I was very wrong lol :P).

Anyway, games 1 and 2 I got destroyed by Icestorm. My heart wasn't even racing, it just felt like I was going to lose. The problem was, my team of buggers was not good enough on the offensive end to score against Icestorm's great defensive and goalie play.

Game 3 I found a rhythm and came out with the win. Game 4 I lost, but I had the extreme confidence I needed in my ability to force a game 7.

I dominated games 5 and 6 and before game 7, I didn't underestimate my opponent like I did with Bo the year before.

Game 7 starts and early on I give away the puck with my goalie. Icestorm scores on the open net, 1-0 for him. I come back and take the lead 2-1 before Ice ties it up at 2. In the second period, Icestorm scores 3 goals in 5 seconds and all of a sudden I'm down 5-2. Early in the third period I'm able to make it 5-4 and I have all the momentum until I give it away with my goalie yet again, and Icestorm takes advantage. It seems like a backbreaker goal but then I come right back and score to make it 6-5. The rest of the game is all me. Point-blank shots in the crease, one-timers. everything. Ice stops it all and I lose the game. I lost this series more than Ice won it. In the end, I knew swos beat Ice in the finals and he did.

You beat me a week earlier with the 2nd best team in the game, against my crappy old Bure, and it took you 7 games. You would've still lost gdl 9 so suck it

You beat me a week earlier with the 2nd best team in the game, against my crappy old Bure, and it took you 7 games. You would've still lost gdl 9 so suck it

You lost to Carse when you had NYR against his crappy old Bure :)

You are the big-time loser in the finals :D stop losing man!! (1-2 lol)

I had the most heartbreaking de sync against Skeletor last night. OT, came back from being down 4-1 to make it 4-4 with 3 minutes left. We de sync, and the game after its 2-2 in second, and my computer dies.