NHL'94 Forums

Tournament Attendees List & Accomodations, Rides, etc.

smozoma

Thread to help attendees get coordinated. Ride shares. Hotel info. Etc.

Are you coming? Let everyone know!

I encourage mods to edit this post with any updated info.

Attendees
Here are the attendees, organized roughly by location.
Sorry if I get your location or system wrong! Sorry for possibly disagreeable location names/groupings!

Toronto & GTA

• Tony Twist (SNES) (Toronto)
  • kgman (Genesis) (Toronto)
  • LEGENDOFNHL94 (Genesis) (Toronto)
  • aqualizard (Genesis) (Toronto)
  • sebe82 (Genesis) (Toronto)

Western Canada

• Halifax (SNES) (Saskatoon) -
  • The90jacket (SNES) (saskatoon)
  • stheds2000 (SNES) (saskatoon)
  • tylerhill (SNES) (saskatoon)
  • fiddz (Genesis) (saskatoon)
  • The Video guy (SNES) (Regina)
  • schwartz (SNES) (winnipeg)
  • matticefire (SNES) (Alberta) -
  • HABS (Genesis) (Calgary) -
  • Sweatcalfe (SNES) (Edmonton)

Ottawa & Quebec

• smozoma (Genesis) (Ottawa) -
  • BobKudelski (SNES) (Ottawa) -
  • Maitrefun (Genesis) (Quebec)
  • omega_red (SNES) (Quebec)
  • etevans (SNES) (Quebec)
  • annatar () (Montreal)

Western USA

• CoachMac (Sierra Nevada Mountains) - Flying to Buffalo, driving
  • AngryJay93 (Genesis) (Californiayy) -

Eastern Midwestern USA

• IAmFleury'sHipCheck (Genesis) (Chicago)
  • Brutus (Genesis) (Palatine/Chicago)

Western Eastern USA

• CamKneely (Genesis) (Pittsburgh)
  • Wittgenstein (Genesis) (Pittsburgh)
  • BoKnows (SNES?) (Pittsburgh)
  • kylewat (Genesis) (Baltimore)

New York & New Jersey

• KingRaph (Genesis) (?) - Flying
  • chaos (SNES) (New Jersey) - Flying
  • Evan (Genesis) (New York) -
  • drshadowsml (Genesis) (New York)
  • addisonbr (Genesis) (New York)
  • IceStorm70 (Genesis) (Rochester, NY)

The Colonies New England

• donnybrook (Genesis) (Boston)

Far Away

• swos is coming, right? (Genesis) (Finland)

Unknown Location

• Schwabe (SNES) (alberta)

Tentative/Hesitant Signups

• NorthwayNative (SNES) (Colorado) -

That's 35 + 1 tentative

Venue

Likely Real Sports in downtown Toronto
This is smack dab in between

• Union Station (main train station)
  • Air Canada Centre (where the Leafs "play") -- a few blocks farther that way is the Hockey Hall of Fame
  • SkyDome/Rogers Centre (where the Blue Jays play)
  • The CN Tower -- make sure to check the tower out on Google Maps satellite view.. cool 3D
  • Ripley's Aquarium!!

Accomodations

The Delta
https://www.deltahotels.com/Hotels/Delta-Toronto

Will be our primary hotel. Hopefully this time next week, we will have a discount code to use.

Once we lock down Real Sports (Hopefully tomorrow) I'll revamp the www.KingOf94.com page to make it friendlier to a wider audience.

While billy bishop is the Toronto island downtown airport, it only has smaller flights from the east coast. Not many airlines fly there.

Pearson is the big international airport.

There is now a brand new train line that cost like $27 one way to get you to Union station downtown in 25 minutes.

There is still the option to take the TTC (local transit) for $3, you take the 192 Airport Express Rocket to Kipling station and subway it from there.

Or shell out for a cab, it will probably run you around $50.

For Hotels hotwire is always solid. Downtown hotels usually cost significantly more than suburb/near airport hotels. Air BNB is another option if a bunch of tournament guys want to rent out a full apartment or even a house.

I believe Brutus is looking into getting a large suite

kgman seems to know some good cheap hostels, but I forget which. check the other threads.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these guys have all registereed

The90jacket (snes) saskatoon

stheds2000 (sens) saskatoon

tylerhill (snes) saskatoon

fiddz (genesis) saskatoon

The Video guy (snes) Regina

omega_red - que (snes), etevans (snes) quebec

schwartz (snes) winnipeg

drshadowsml(gens), addisonbr (gens) new york

sebe82 (gens) ont

It would be great if we could get some kind of group rate all at the same Hotel, close to the Venue.

I believe Mikey is working on that.

The Delta

Will be our primary hotel. Hopefully this time next week, we will have a discount code to use.

Once we lock down Real Sports (Hopefully tomorrow) I'll revamp the www.KingOf94.com page to make it friendlier to a wider audience.

Edited by McMikey

If you need help with the site let me know. I do HTML/CSS/Javascript for a living. Either way, thanks for all of your effort!

If you need help with the site let me know. I do HTML/CSS/Javascript for a living. Either way, thanks for all of your effort!

Hey Aqua Lizard, Send me an email mikeymcbryan@gmail.com I need all the help I can get lol

• 2 weeks later...

The Delta

Hey Mikey,

Was there any update about Delta hotel discounts, and if we locked up Real Sports?

-Evan

You can add Sweatcalfe to the list travelling from Edmonton (SNES), I registered for the tourney before I signed up to the forum.

You may not know me know, but you will at the end of the tourney

you suck

Wife and I have been talking and I may be voted off the 94 island,have to buy a house and going on vacation the week before tourney. Crossing fingers and trying to work it out. I have lots of air miles hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for some advice on where to find some things in the Toronto area.

I am flying to Buffalo and arriving Thursday afternoon.

I fly back out of Buffalo on Sunday afternoon.

#1 I am looking for an area or specific store that might have antique/thrift stores where I could possibly find find vintage bobbleheads, pennants, table hockey, and hockey stuff.

#2 A mall with a Roots store and a place to find a a wide variety (teams) of hockey stuff (jerseys, hats, t-shirts etc...)

One suggestion I got was Vaughn Mills?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also what is up for Friday night?

What's the dress code? NHL jerseys? Tuxedos?

I'll be sportin the Oiler Orange.

post-3852-0-10663500-1437268361_thumb.jp

Edited by CoachMac

#1 I am looking for an area or specific store that might have antique/thrift stores where I could possibly find find vintage bobbleheads, pennants, table hockey, and hockey stuff.

#2 A mall with a Roots store and a place to find a a wide variety (teams) of hockey stuff (jerseys, hats, t-shirts etc...)

Looking for some advice on where to find some things in the Toronto area.

I am flying to Buffalo and arriving Thursday afternoon.

I fly back out of Buffalo on Sunday afternoon.

One suggestion I got was Vaughn Mills?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also what is up for Friday night?

I'll be sportin the Oiler Orange.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

I live in downtown Toronto. I can;t help with #1, but for #2, the Eaton Centre, in the heart of downtown Toronto (and within walking distance of the Real Bar and the Delta hotel) is a mall with a Roots, and many other stores.

https://www.cfshops.com/toronto-eaton-centre/stores.html

Also, north of the Eaton Centre on Yonge Street are many sportswear stores with hockey jerseys/baseball caps and whatnot.

If I were coming here, I would stay at the Delta (especially if Mikey gets a discount code) and do shopping just north, on Queen Street. I would walk from Spadina (west of hotel) to Yonge (east of hotel) on Queen street (this area is called "Queen West"). At Yonge and Queen you are at the corner where two big stores meet. The Hudsons Bay (thebay.com) and the Eaton Centre. And as I say, there are tons of stores on Yonge, too.

If I were staying at the Delta, I WOULD NOT eat in that area. The tourist trap restaurants are crap, IMO. Except for one place -- Chipotle -- at University and Front street. (And another at Yonge and Dundas, near the Eaton Centre.)

If it hasn't been mentioned, Sept 12,13 are also Leafs FanFest in and around the ACC. Will be a lot of Leafs alumni in the vacinity.

Also for $85 you could have breakfast Sunday morning with Leafs alumni at RealSports.

Jer

85$ to have breakfast with leafs alumni lol .....you can breakfast with kg for 10-15$ at Coras by far best breakfast place in downtown toronto

Flights are booked - we get into Toronto late morning on Friday, and fly back Sunday morning. Mikey, any news on the Delta hotel or other hotel discounts?

The Delta

Jeez $400 a night if you stay solo, I don't think I will be making it as I am trying to sell my house, and move, but def would need a roomate to split costs if I do end up going.