NHL'94 Forums

Tournament Attendees List & Accomodations, Rides, etc.

smozoma

$400 CAD is about $315 USD

but I get it still pricey.

You don't have to stay downtown.

Real Sports has plenty of parking.

Depending on what happens with discounts, other guys, if Brutus counts me as normal, or whatever with 2v2.

I will probably stay outside of town in a nice suburban area for less than 100.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3947688#summary

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3660046#summary

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p3805805

Couple of these look like they are in stumbling distance of the events for Saturday and downtown to enjoy Friday night and still get your NHL94 in.

The one is just a stroke, wanting $2k deposit, but anyhow, I'm sure something better can be found as we get a few more weeks into this and have more solid commitments. Some of these look like there is room to bring a blow up type bed and crash in a closet!! lol

$400 CAD is about $315 USD

but I get it still pricey.

Wow, expensive. On hotels.com, Eaton Chelsea Toronto is $180 CAD per night. With two people that is $90 each. That seems do-able. Then you would be downtown, too. Not too far from Union station.

I mentioned this before but the ultracheap otpion is http://theplanettraveler.com/hostel. It is a short streetcar ride from Union station. (10-15 minutes). It has dorm rooms available for $31 a night. it is in a cool area of Toronto, near Kensignton Market, and good bars and restaurants on College street.

I mentioned this before but the ultracheap otpion is http://theplanettraveler.com/hostel. It is a short streetcar ride from Union station. (10-15 minutes). It has dorm rooms available for $31 a night. it is in a cool area of Toronto, near Kensignton Market, and good bars and restaurants on College street.

place looks pretty sweet to crash especially if you're on a tight budget.

The closest hostel to the tournament is clearance park ....I know the owner "Dan" he lets me chill there and drink maybe he would do a deal that would be able to stay in our own room with 4-6-8 beds ...and the LCBO is next door ....I could talk to him and ask If anyone is interested

You may not know me know, but you will at the end of the tourney

My fav line of the thread.

It doesn't look like Mikey will be able to obtain discount at a hotel. It turns out the Toronto Film Festival Opens that weekend. Which is probably contributing to high prices of hotels. So I'd recommend everyone start looking at setting yourself up with accommodations sooner rather than later.

Can you give us a rough estimate of what Saturday will look like time wise for the actual tourney.

Start and finish times mainly.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16882-the-toronto-nhl-94-tournament-registration-is-now-open/?p=148787

this will probably be pretty close.

Hey maybe it's a sign that the same weekend Mikey is putting on this tournament, it's the opening weekend of TIFF? ;)

I was considering staying downtown Friday night and maybe Saturday, but with the hotel situation, probably not. I'll stay out in Mississauga with the in-laws.

Hey maybe it's a sign that the same weekend Mikey is putting on this tournament, it's the opening weekend of TIFF? ;)

I was considering staying downtown Friday night and maybe Saturday, but with the hotel situation, probably not. I'll stay out in Mississauga with the in-laws.

Haha coincidence? Great timing!

Anyone have any thoughts on the Strathcona hotel? Looks decent online and short walk to Real Sports.

Hilton appears to be sold out.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Strathcona hotel? Looks decent online and short walk to Real Sports.

Hilton appears to be sold out.

Stayed there a few years ago for a conference. Rooms are very nice, was surprised by a rather small bed in the "single" room, and the rooms were rather small in general. Still very nice, and worth the cost IMO (assuming it's still cheaper than most in the area). There were also no free amenities, there is no free breakfast - but they did have a nice little restaurant if memory serves.

Stayed there a few years ago for a conference. Rooms are very nice, was surprised by a rather small bed in the "single" room, and the rooms were rather small in general. Still very nice, and worth the cost IMO (assuming it's still cheaper than most in the area). There were also no free amenities, there is no free breakfast - but they did have a nice little restaurant if memory serves.

Thanks Jer. Hop skip and jump to Real Sports too? Think I may book it then. Be nice to have a tracker of places everyone is staying too.

Officially registered!!!! Anyone looking to partner up on hotel hit me up.

boom! great to have ya there!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd say around noon, I'll be there. Mikey, Raph, Chaos, and Evan are in and we'll grab some eats. I've also never been to the place before so I want to get a sense of where everything will be for the tournament.