NHL'94 Forums

Newbie introduction - some questions

TLinden16

Hey guys,

I am absolutely blown away - I have just discovered this forum after some 21+ years of being in love with the beautiful mistress that is NHL '94!

I remember as a kid me and my brothers receiving NHLPA 93 on SNES for Christmas and loving every second of it. Although I grew up in Australia where it was 40 degrees Celsius for Christmas, that day felt like I was in the Bell Centre on a -40 degree day watching exciting hockey.

That day was only surpassed 12 months later when we unwrapped NHL '94, where we discovered the beauty of a perfectly executed one-timer and the versatility that the 'edit lines' function offered (by that stage I had chosen Vancouver as my team - for no specific reason - and Trevor Linden's laser beam shot meant that he HAD to start for me when the 94 version rolled around, sorry Geoff Courtnall).

Anyway, as I said - I am amazed that this place exists.

I fell upon this place by chance as I recently purchased a USB controller for my computer as my SNES recently shat itself and I found this site by trying to find a ROM for the game.

I would LOVE for someone to talk me through the next stages so that I can play some peeps online.

As I said - I have the controller, the ROM, the emulator (SNES9x) and I'm ready to roll.

I've had a look around the forums but it's al a bit overwhelming at the moment so I don't know what to do next.

Cheers boys.

Welcome! It's definitely a little confusing at first.

First thing, download the znes emulator from this site. That's the one we all use. Then you'll need hamachi too.

Also, start an AIM account. That's how we communicate around here.

Welcome! It's definitely a little confusing at first.

First thing, download the znes emulator from this site. That's the one we all use. Then you'll need hamachi too.

Also, start an AIM account. That's how we communicate around here.

Cool, thanks mate. Doing so now!

Hey bud, welcome! I'm more than willing to help you get started with playing online. If you see me on AIM very soon, hit me up or I'll message you if I see you online and we'll get started. :)

Hey guys,

I am absolutely blown away - I have just discovered this forum after some 21+ years of being in love with the beautiful mistress that is NHL '94!

I remember as a kid me and my brothers receiving NHLPA 93 on SNES for Christmas and loving every second of it. Although I grew up in Australia where it was 40 degrees Celsius for Christmas, that day felt like I was in the Bell Centre on a -40 degree day watching exciting hockey.

That day was only surpassed 12 months later when we unwrapped NHL '94, where we discovered the beauty of a perfectly executed one-timer and the versatility that the 'edit lines' function offered (by that stage I had chosen Vancouver as my team - for no specific reason - and Trevor Linden's laser beam shot meant that he HAD to start for me when the 94 version rolled around, sorry Geoff Courtnall).

Anyway, as I said - I am amazed that this place exists.

I fell upon this place by chance as I recently purchased a USB controller for my computer as my SNES recently shat itself and I found this site by trying to find a ROM for the game.

I would LOVE for someone to talk me through the next stages so that I can play some peeps online.

As I said - I have the controller, the ROM, the emulator (SNES9x) and I'm ready to roll.

I've had a look around the forums but it's al a bit overwhelming at the moment so I don't know what to do next.

Cheers boys.

Welcome to the site bud!

If you love that....you may love this even more

kingof94.com