NHL'94 Forums

NHL2016 (by Skip)

skip

Hey guys, here is the first (EDIT: 4th) iteration of my 2016 ROM. I added a bunch of rookies, made roster changes and jersey number adjustments. I edited a couple of guys as well. All teams have a new overall rating. I will update again before the season begins.

The excel (zip) file has all the rosters and the team ratings.

-Skip

NHL2016skipV4.bin

NHL2016skipV4.zip

Edited by skip

Update: We will have a graphics update courtesy of slapshot67 this weekend. A big thanks to slapshot67, one of the guys who always goes out of his way to help out. You make this community great, bud!

This is really cool! Just wondering if you can play season mode in this, I see the choice but when I try to do a season it ends up just being a single game, not sure if it's because I'm playing the game on android/nexus 7 and not a PC. Still fun tho. On the Sharks with the ratings I have to say Burns is a bit OVER-rated and Vlasic is severely UNDER-rated.

Edit: I guess the 'regular season' just means individual regular season game and not actually an entire season huh? LOL my bad..

Edited by welshwarriorsf

@DukeofDucks - That is pretty cool hahaha! I hear you man, but big Pete will set that team straight! We already miss him dearly in Boston :-/

#FireSweeney

seriously? he's done great works with the cap/roster and I think the Bruins will be better this year than last year, which was a really difficult status to achieve painted into a corner. the only mistakes I think he's made were allowing Rinaldo to put on a B and allowing a stellar goalie to leave before putting the jersey on. all the rest is great. cashed in on Lucic. big time. didn't cave to an overrated forward playing defense who didn't fit wanted out. sure, he'll be good elsewhere, but I won't miss his disastrous defense. the draft was great. the signings have been excellent and there's room to add, which hasn't been the case in the recent past.

as a side note: I wish he reneged on the Campbell dismissal. he's not a favorite player of mine, so don't get me wrong here....I won't miss him, but my calculation of decisive advanced statistics showed he was one of very few "elite" players on the team last year. "eye test" all you want, but Campbell was fucking solid, earning a great rating like Miller and Rask. I would have stood by Julien if he insisted he needed the dude. maybe not as a extra skater, which was a baffling assignment, but as a nearly perfect PREVENTER. if Miller, Campbell and Rask were on the ice, there would be no goals against, ever. goals for are crucial, sure, but prevention is way underrated, especially for DEFENSEMEN and fourth line players.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a huge update coming up for the final preseason ROM. HUGE! I've never been more happy with an edited ROM. I think you guys will be pretty happy about it. We need to make a league out of it!

I have a huge update coming up for the final preseason ROM. HUGE! I've never been more happy with an edited ROM. I think you guys will be pretty happy about it. We need to make a league out of it!

Can't wait ! (just please make sure to make Matt Read right handed--so many make him left handed)

Great ROM!

I have 2 questions:

1) What happened to the faceoff music assignments? I just get Baseball type songs, instead of the originally assigned tunes.(For example, no Black Hawks theme when they play at home, no Disney song for the Ducks at home, etc.)

2) Is there a new NHL penalty, I don't know about, called INJURIES?

Edited by NHL94PC

Great rom. I've had more fun playing this against my buddies than any sport game in 15 years.

That is awesome bud! I hope you like the version that'll be out in a week or so :)

and....go Jets, go! They are my new squad hahahaha. I've always liked them, but I really like the makeup of that team right now. Not crazy about the goaltending situation compared to most teams, but a lot of good talent in all areas.

I think Toronto Maple Leafs will do good and by the way Thanks for a amazing ROM guys. Will this work with a Mega everdrive?

http://shop.krikzz.com/Mega-EverDrive-v2-MEGAV2.htm

Edited by wbgs_radio

That is awesome bud! I hope you like the version that'll be out in a week or so :)

and....go Jets, go! They are my new squad hahahaha. I've always liked them, but I really like the makeup of that team right now. Not crazy about the goaltending situation compared to most teams, but a lot of good talent in all areas.

The Bruins were the team I rooted for until the Jets came back. The Jets goaltending is weak, once Pavs contract is up Hutchinson or Hellybuck should be a legit number one tender which will make a huge difference.

Can't wait for the next version. Your NHL16 rom will be coming out for a tournament at my Jets season ticket draft this weekend!

That's a great idea, but I don't think it can be done. I think the way hacking # of skaters on ice works is that it applies all the time, not just OT.

Then is it at all possible, to hack the Main Menu and add "O.T. 3 on 3" ?

Just like when I play, if a game is tied after O.T., I go to the Main Menu and choose "Shootout".

• 2 weeks later...

No problem! Fully updated and sex-worthy ROM to come this week, just in time for opening night! Just updating some lines and rosters after final cuts. This thing is SICKO!

-Skip