NHL'94 Forums

HUGE Battle until the end...

BoKnows and I just played a playoff game and it was a free-for-all. It was a fun yet intense game. Not sure where it ranks among most combined goals but it was awesome. we had 11 total goals in the 1st period alone with a final tally of 25 goals. Unfortunately for me, BoKnows won the game. I just thought I would post it because it was so fun to play.

http://nhl94online.com/html/pl_box_score.php?lg=27&gameid=4888

How does Bo have the two best forwards in the game along with the best defenseman? lol

It's a 14 team league so every team is loaded.

Bo has those high end guys, but a bit of a drop-off with Hogue and Olausson.

Yzerman as a top 2 forward in the game is very debatable. I would put Lemieux, Neely and Mogilny ahead of him.

Coffey as best defenceman is very debateable. Bourque is clearly the best, then you have Iafrate and Stevens up there.

It's a 14 team league so every team is loaded.

Bo has those high end guys, but a bit of a drop-off with Hogue and Olausson.

Yzerman as a top 2 forward in the game is very debatable. I would put Lemieux, Neely and Mogilny ahead of him.

Coffey as best defenceman is very debateable. Bourque is clearly the best, then you have Iafrate and Stevens up there.

I guess it's different from GENS. I know the stats are the same but I guess they work differently.

epic! looks like you guys rested your thumbs the 2nd period.

C4, did you pull a hokkee during the draft and trade away all your good players? In Ges that team is terrible right down to the G.

SNES is weight bug fixed plus something else.

The CPU holds more and it's not as black and white as in GENS, as momentum plays a much larger role in the SNES version.

For example, last night I was playing w/ Lindros, and that fat f&ck normally minus B check is not going down in a weight bug fixed ROM. But, about half the time I could "tank" through the crowd, and the other half, even the CPU was knocking me over with much lighter guys.

Obviously, human controlled guys can always still B check the man, but that's not what I was seeing.

Anyhow, the "randomness" of SNES makes it harder for a guy to say, THIS guy is way better than this guy once you get into that B+ to B type players. Also, SNES has not had a ton of actual drafts/auctions, so most guys are not even aware of what every players actual ratings are/were during the auction. Take into account you building a team for 5 seasons, and the skill ratings change each season to match the ROM for that year, and a team can look bad one season and great the next type thing, etc.

But, BOK's team is really talented. One of the top 2-3 teams in terms of talent for this season's ROM and probably still going forward.

I've got Selanne, Mario & Federov (Ronning on the bench) w/ Steve Smith & Kjell on D & Richter in net.

Most skilled players would destroy w/ that lineup, but my GENS arse can't do much with it.

So, any GENS players had the advantage in a draft/auction just from the experiences of previous GDL/Blitz drafts that SNES guys didn't ahve, but obviously, not being SNES players originally, have to overcome the differences in styles.

BOK has been doing SNES a long while now and seems to have raised his level to an elite level, and saying he can be tough to stop w/ Mogilny is an understatement.