NHL'94 Forums

State of affairs on editing '95 PC

naples39

Pardon the laziness, but where do things stand on editing '95 PC? I've done a bunch of 94 GENS full season roms, but was recently intrigued about 95 PC mods.

-Can you change the rosters/player ratings fully? I assume this is an easy yes, although I haven't tried it.

-Can you change the team's uniforms? Also looks like yes, and fairly straightforward

-Can you change the team menu graphics (logos, jerseys during team selection)?

-Can you change the number of teams available for selection? I've always had a dream to make a rom with hundreds of teams in it, although 30 on PC would be a nice start. :)

-What graphics can you edit on the ice? Lines, center ice logos?

I'm no wizard, and I just do mods with tools and hacks discovered by others. Any info from someone with hands-on experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You will soon meet kiba. He will answer all of your questions.

From my own experience:

A few excellent places to start:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/3385-nhl-95-forever/(a bunch of great editors)

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15692-nhl95pc-editing-tools-and-tutorials/

-Can you change the rosters/player ratings fully? I assume this is an easy yes, although I haven't tried it.

There are a few options, including DOS-based NHL9395 and windows based NHLInfo.

-Can you change the team's uniforms? Also looks like yes, and fairly straightforward

NHL95PC sprites not only look better, but they actually have team logos. JED301 will customize, but there are a few cautions about changing certain colours (jersey numbers disappear)

-Can you change the team menu graphics (logos, jerseys during team selection)?

Haven't looked at this.

-Can you change the number of teams available for selection? I've always had a dream to make a rom with hundreds of teams in it, although 30 on PC would be a nice start.

Not sure.

-What graphics can you edit on the ice? Lines, center ice logos?

Kiba can answer this, the palettes can be tricky (from what I've read). Not positive, but there is something in the JED301 program to change logos (not sure if it changes them at center ice).

Cheers,

Jer

You can edit rosters and player ratings, you can change uniforms and you can change almost all graphics (I think all menu graphics are changeable). Not have found any way to add teams, so we are stuck to 26 + 2 all-stars teams so far. You can edit Ice and even center logo is editable, but we do not know how it was done on some releases. Anyhow, you can hide center ice logo and "paint" it on ice picture itself. Thats the way Goobyeccha did it on his NHL15PC conversion.

Jer did give you already good starting point, read few topics here and you will see what is changeable and how.

Happy hacking :)

I would just like a simple description of how to actually play the original NHL 95 for PC. I have the original CD somewhere but not sure how to play it in windows vista.

It was a great game!

There is my instructions how to start NHL95PC with dosbox:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16184-nhl95pc-dosbox-howto/

Thanks guys. These responses came much faster than I expected.

I know a lot of hacking information was out there upon digging, but often times the limits don't present themselves until you are knee deep in effort and you're like "man, why did I even bother."

Maybe I'll do a little testing amd tale a look at what others have accomplished.

The PC NHL 95 is the best!

It's pretty cool to have. It still doesn't quite fit the mold of infinitely hackable, but it's a cool alternative.

I don't think I'm going to work on anything though, because NHL15PC by goodbyeccha already does pretty much everything I would try to do.

Edited by naples39