NHL'94 Forums

Ko94 Toronto Showing

aqualizard

Toronto and nearby Toronto had more entrants than any place else, which is not a surprise.

What is a surprise -- to me, anyway -- is that both the Genesis winner (Kgman) and SNES winner (Mikail F) are from Toronto. It is quite a coincidence. (Although since a good chunk of competitors were from Toronto, as I mentioned, not against all odds.)

I wonder if there was a "Home Team" advanatge at play? (Certainly lack of travel time/fatigue would be a bonus?)

If you met KGman, I don't think lack of travel time/fatigue was a factor...he was more tired than the rest of us, as evidenced by his napping on the couches after the morning games. Going into the tourney, he was one of the favorites, so not a surprise he won. Can't speak to SNES.

The only advantage the SNES guy had was enough adderall to drop a classroom full of ADHD stricken 3rd graders.

I'm calling for drug testing at the next Ko94.... hmm, maybe not such a good idea... not sure if our champ would be able to defend his title then. ;-)

I keeed, I keeed

Honestly though, the SNES guy was a class act all the way.