NHL'94 Forums

hosting on Gens

sonoffett87

Hey guys,

I've played a few exhibitions so far, but I've only been able to join. I am having trouble hosting (or at least people are having trouble joining). Perhaps this is a common issue with a simple fix: is there a setting in Gens that needs to be changed or do I potentially need to change my firewall settings (not sure if it is different for hosting vs. joining) ?

Thanks

99% of the time it's firewall. Gotta allow GENS through (and Hamachi, I think, but not sure).

usually i have seen that as a firewall issue

Thanks for the feedback. I changed something in the firewall settings.. not sure what, but hopefully next time I try to host it will work. If not I have an idea of what to do. Thanks again!

Edited by sonoffett87

• 3 months later...

It was with hamachi. But I went into my firewall settings, flipped some switches, and it all works now (just hosted with Jack Vandal).

Hey sonoffett, how did you fix your hamachi issue? Someone is having a similar problem...

Hey sonoffett, how did you fix your hamachi issue? Someone is having a similar problem...

It was a while ago so my memory is a little foggy - I just checked on Google. I think it was the following actions:

Go to Device Manager

Expand Network Adapters

Right Click on Hamachi and enable it

Let me know if this helps out!