NHL'94 Forums

GDL 13 - Ron Barr Conference Rule Change

Premium

The wboy division in the Ron Barr conference has become "stacked" due to replacements. As a result, playoff seedings will be determined differently for this conference: The top 8 players in the Ron Barr conference will qualify for the playoffs and the matchups will be determined by method of draft. Top seeds will select their opponents with the order being determined by seed. In other words, the top seed will pick who they want to play, then the next best seed will pick who they want to play out of the remaining players, and so on.

This rule is made to prevent what may turn out to be a matchup of HABS/angryjay/Zalex/EA (1) vs HABS/angryjay/Zalex/EA (W1) while Depch (2/3) vs Brutus (3/2) would happen in the same round.

Edited by Premium

"This rule is made to prevent what may turn out to be a matchup..."

Changing the rules in the middle of a season to prevent a playoff matchup is what is nuts. Why play the regular season...just seed who you want in the playoffs and start from there. It'll save a bunch of time.

Did GDL XII use the NHL style playoff seedlings?

2nd, whatever was disclosed in rules up front for XIII should remain otherwise XII rules take over.

tgis is where assigning replacement coaches based on skill comes into play. So we don't need to have these types of discussions.

Since a lot of the replacement coaches are vets and most likely are dependable to finish their games, you could wipe out all the games of the original coach and have them play those series over.

I'm not sure the amount of work that takes or if that's even possible given any limitations so that might not be possible. But It would a better reflection of what the standings should be, despite those replacement coaches not drafting their teams.

Let me just say, I'm simply tossing an idea out there... I'm fine with whatever the league decides.

Since a lot of the replacement coaches are vets and most likely are dependable to finish their games, you could wipe out all the games of the original coach and have them play those series over.

I'm not sure the amount of work that takes or if that's even possible given any limitations so that might not be possible. But It would a better reflection of what the standings should be, despite those replacement coaches not drafting their teams.

Let me just say, I'm simply tossing an idea out there... I'm fine with whatever the league decides.

It's easy to delete games.

Like I'm not bad enough I got go 0-20 for sure now in the division, lol oh well I can use the practice vs the big boys.