NHL'94 Forums

NHL2016 League

skip

Hey guys, welcome!

I am starting the NVL with the idea of having a new ROM of updated players for each NHL season. With 30 teams, deeper rosters and the ability to more accurately rate current players (no thanks, Igor Kuperman), we have a ton of players available for a great player draft pool. Alternatively, there is a deep field of teams to play a team-draft (classic) league. We can do either, but I think it depends on the # of GMs we have for the league. If we have at least 15 GMs, we can do a player draft. If we get less, I suggest we just do a team draft. I suggest this because with less teams, our teams will be totally stacked.

WANNA PLAY? Add your name below, and choose a team that hasn't been picked! NEWER GUYS - please create your AIM account and share your name here so I can add you to the chat group (Riboot, Shizzmoney)

I attached the current ROM and an excel file with the players and teams.

Basics:

40-t0-46 game regular season (depends on conference set-up, etc.). I will not go to 56 games :-)

5 minute periods, no line changes, penalties on/offside off. 10 minute OT.

Full playoffs (16 teams, 7-game series)

Weight bug fixed

Hot/Cold to be accurate in edit lines (all categories hot or cold)

12-round player draft (6 fwds, 4 dmen, 2 goalies) randomized order, snake draft

*Trading allowed (limited number of preseason trades/free agent moves allowed). Allowing 5 total moves per GM in pre-season only.

General Manager and Team Finalization Date:

Friday, November 6th

Draft Start Date:

Sunday, November 15th

League Start Date:

Friday, December 4th

League Regular Season End Date (Target):

Sunday, February 7th January 24th

I will end league registration 11/6 and we can begin the player draft/team draft shortly thereafter. If we have a player draft, the list below will be accurate. A team draft will reset the choices here:

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Skip

Edited by skip

i think 56 games is a bit daunting... Even GDL with some very reliable and top notch coaches has trouble finishing all games in a season.

40-44 gms?

Also player draft like GDL? Please clarify... or are we using current NHL club rosters?

Good Luck with this league Skip,

However I would like to point out that 12 of 22 B League coaches missed the first deadline of 8 GP in a week and 12 of 16 A League coaches.

I don't think we need MORE leagues I think we need leagues with MORE participation.

That said I will also be starting my 92 and Original 6 Leagues shortly.

:grimace:

You can begin adding what team you would like for the league in this thread. All 30 teams available (aside from Winnipeg and Arizona)

Pens please

Hi Skip, i am going to have to back out due to I am over committed with Classic for both systems, blitz, SDL, and an offline league. Good Luck, I hope this succeeds and maybe in the next season if a space is available i will join.

Offline league???

Whoah....why does Brutus not know about this??

haha he gets together with a couple of his friends weekly wed or sun to play. None of them are at a high level, one B I think the others lesser.

Good Luck with this league Skip,

However I would like to point out that 12 of 22 B League coaches missed the first deadline of 8 GP in a week and 12 of 16 A League coaches.

I don't think we need MORE leagues I think we need leagues with MORE participation.

That said I will also be starting my 92 and Original 6 Leagues shortly.

:grimace:

Thanks Coach Mac! I hope to get you in at some point. And, you're right about the missed games, absolutely. Also - I'd love to join one of your leagues if you have an opening :-)

• 1 month later...

Is there any word on whether there will be a classic version of this league or not?

I would be interested in joining, and assisting in making that happen in any way possible.

There was a classic version of the lg using updated rosters and such but that went defunct. As for this lg you gotta either wait for next season or you can hope to replace someone in the lg if someone quits or gets booted