NHL'94 Forums

Recording Videos with Old Kaillera

aqualizard

Ok, so many people have mentioned recording video, and then analyzing the games. This makes a lot of sense. So how do I do it?

I (usually) use the old Kaillera, and I see a checkbox that says "Record Game". To test things out I checked it. Played a game. Now I expected to see a huge video file in the same directory as Kaillera (my main Gens folder). Nope. So I looked in Documents/Video (I use Win7). Nothing there either....

Where is the video stored from the old Kaillera? And what do I have to do to make this work?

Any help much appreciated...

There is a subfolder in your GENS folder called "records". In there will be a .krec file with a bunch of letters in front of it, which translates into a date/time.

To playback your .krec file, choose 3. Playback in GENS. You'll see the recordings that are in your records folder.

For more information on what to do with the .krec to make videos, check out smozoma's guide. It looks a bit complicated, but it's not:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/4917-gens-how-to-make-game-movies-avi/

FYI, for a game analysis, I'd just want the krec...

To playback your .krec file, choose 3. Playback in GENS. You'll see the recordings that are in your records folder.

Where is "3. Playback in Gens"? (I don't see it in the Win7 Context menu of explorer (when you right click) or in Gens or in Kailera?)

(But I am probably missing it like I did the "Records" folder right under my nose.)

Also, regarding you giving feedback on my game, I will take a rain check, but I really appreciate it! I have been given so much feedback, plus once I figure out how to record my own games, I feel I should be able to make improvements by analyzing my games myself. After all, It is only fair I do my own homework before getting others to invest time on my behalf.

Edited by aqualizard