NHL'94 Forums

King of '94 West! January 16, 2016.

halifax

Ola buds!

We're hosting another tourney this year in Saskatoon! Mikey McBryan will be there in all his glory to attend!

Saturday, January 16, 2016.

Both Genesis and SNES consoles!

Register at kingof94.com.

Halifax bud, does the same one system per player rule apply?

you can register for both systems and we'll keep em separate so they don't overlap.

lol pittsburgh to toronto is 5 hours

pittsburgh to saskatoon only 27 hours

you should come bud...it be great to have ya.

Time with Sled Dogs?

Still looking at 400+ hours (google maps calculates no stops/breaks). Motels also charge extra for pets, so between pet surcharges and the price of dogfood driving is still probably more economic.

:secret_smile:

Boom. Registered.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!

SNES is gonna be a tough one. tyler, 90jacket, schwartz and I have already registered. I know stheds2000 is playing and AJ is planning on being there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Registered and flight purchased. I will be looking for some Friday night entertainment.

YEAAAAAAAAH! Boom he's in! Let me know what time your flight comes in and if I can, I'll pick you up bud.

I've never been to saskatoon so I guess I've never really lived.

Any recommendations for accommodations?

Is the Canadian Newhouse in a strange location?

Is 11th Street East a cool neighborhood?

The Canadian Brewhouse is in the south part of the city...about 15 minutes from the airport. There's a couple of hotels close by(ie I can pick you and drive you there). Four points Sheraton and and Hampton inn. Stonebridge is the area where the canadian brewhouse is in case you find an airbnb or something. Those hotels are about a 3 minute drive away. I live a couple minutes away from each place.

Also let me know what time your flight comes in. If I can I'll pick you up.

Whoa, autocorrect is wreaking havoc with my posts. I meant is central BREWhouse in a CENTRAL location. Anyway, thanks for the info Buds. I'll look into some spots, maybe air bnb.

My flight gets in around 9:30pm on Thursday the 14th. Planning to check out the city on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up! Hopeful to improve on my 1-3 record from this year's Smashfest. Looking forward to hanging out & gaming with you fine folks again like we did this past January! :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Boom! Awesome to have ya aboard bud...Bring the rest of the BCM crew! :)

• 2 weeks later...

So far there are 5 Sega player registered and 9 SNES players registered. Not as many as I would like at at this point. I was clearly blinded by my own love for nhl94 that I thought we would have a lot more. There's about 4 Sega guys that I haven't registered yet that I believe will play. And another 2 SNEs players that I also believe will register. I've gotten several emails from other interested people, whom I've responded to, but have never registered.

I've posted in several gaming forums and facebook groups, to include, here, regina, winnipeg, calgary and edmonton. I've also asked a couple of connections I have in the radio world, here in saskatoon and edmonton if they'll promote it for me. Hopefully this will spur on more.

Apologies to anyone who feels let down by this news so far.

• 2 weeks later...