NHL'94 Forums

Saving and Uploading Gens Netplay

AtomicRaven

I've been playing online for a month or so now and just started playing In a league. I've looked around the forums but haven't been able to find anything definitive on saving and uploading a game. What I know so far is:

• Press F5 during the 3 stars presentation to save the current game stats.
  • Goto league schedule and upload

Questions I have

I was playing a game tonight were I didn't rename our first game and my opponent's save crashed his Gens so we lost it...FOREVER

Edited by AtomicRaven

The game doesn't autosave. You have to press F5 to save it. There are different slots (from 0-9) that you choose by pressing F6 (to go back) and F7 (to go forward). When you press F6 or F7, the state number will appear at the bottom of the emulator's screen and it will tell you if the slot is either empty or occupied. What you want to do for league games is choose slots that are either empty or contain saves that you have already uploaded and/or do not need.

Also, you do not have to wait for the three stars in order to save, and you can even save after the three stars and before the team selection screen.

Plabax explained it, but here are the posts:

HOW TO: Create a A Savestate File - GENS

HOW TO: Log a game with savestate on nhl94online.com

Awesome thanks - this is just what I've been looking for.

Maybe it could be added to the Getting Started Area of the nhl94 site?