NHL'94 Forums

GDL XIV - Draft order/ Draft start date

Brutus

Ok guys. I'm going to do the draft crap tonight, worst case tomorrow and then post a link to the video. SHOULD BE TONIGHT but life doesn't always agree with my plans.

I will then only have 2 issues to starting the draft right away.

#1 Skip is on vacation in Hawaii, and an active participant. Without notice, it wouldn't be right to give him an auto draft!! However, I don't want to get the draft's first 7 rounds not set to be done BEFORE the 19th when others have stated they will be gone. So, running an efficient draft w/ mandatory cell phone numbers (or AIM set up to text you) will be something I'll reach out to each guy for. But, basically, if you leave me your info, you are almost guaranteed to not be skipped as long as you are cordial in your delay. If you decide you are above leaving a pick list and contact info (Depch/Darko excluded), the train will be allowed to run on you when it comes.

#2 Need to have a google doc set up for the draft. Given that Plabax already had a good one for the last draft, and that Raph had one for Blitz, between the two, I'd want to get that setup, access given so I can do my best to keep it updated during the draft. I don't currently have one setup right now, so that would be the second thing.

Anyhow, order tonight. Draft can start after I know when Skip is going to be around to make his picks.

Rules for the random draft will go as follows:

#21 Wallywojo

#22 Beavers33

#23 Aqualizard

#24 AtomicRaven

You guys will be returning coaches next season, and par take in that lottery as a normal team next lottery.

I bought a bingo set and will use the 1-58 balls to assign the numbers to each team as listed below. I will then run the lottery by using a reverse order system, so the LAST ball standing type thing is the #1 pick (meaning more balls in the hopper is worse).

Here is the break down of which numbers are assigned to which teams. Instead of using 5 groups evenly divided, I made Group 1 the two big slackers, and the Group 2 to have 6 coaches, rather than pick (insert argue w/ some stroke) which 2 of the next 6 would lose a ball by moving into Group 1, just to make it even 4's across the board. Also seemed more "fair" this way given that AngryJay & KG were not returning but had upper slots in their conferences, so ranking which guy goes along with say Plabax in Group 1 didn't feel as right as this does.

#1-#5 to Pittsburgh Penguins (Labs) 5 balls

#6-#10 to Hartford Whalers (Bo Knows) 5 balls

#11-#14 to Arizona Coyotes (Plabax) 4 balls

#15-#18 to Los Angeles Kings (Uncle Seth) 4 balls

#19-#22 to New York Rangers (King Raph) 4 balls

#23-26 to Buffalo Sabres (Icestorm) 4 balls

#27-#30 to Montreal Canadians (Habs) 4 balls

#31-#34 to Calgary Flames (Zalex) 4 balls

#35-37 to Seattle Metropolitans (Eric Anthony) 3 balls

#38-40 to Edmonton Oilers (Zeppelin) 3 balls

#41-43 to Rockford Icehogs (Brutus) 3 balls

#44-#46 to Florida Panthers (Depch) 3 balls

#47-#48 to Hamilton Tigers (Jack Vandal) 2 balls

#49-#50 to Dallas Stars (Texas Pachyderm) 2 balls

#51-52 to Philadelphia Flyers (Sonoffett87) 2 balls

#53-54 to St. Louis Blues (Sicarius) 2 balls

#55 to Minnesota (Skip) 1 ball

#56 to San Jose Sharks (Lupz) 1 ball

#57 to Detroit Red Wings (Darko) 1 ball

#58 to Colorado Avalanche (Jackandjose) 1 ball

NOW, once your team's number comes up, each time after that when one of your numbers are drawn will just be a "dead" ball. I'll try to come up with some type of board so I can mark them as I go and make for a more interesting video.