NHL'94 Forums

2015 NHL'94 Bud of the Year!

halifax

The Bud of the Year award was basically wrapped up by spring time and this year's winner is Mikey McBryan! (McMikey).

What started out with a simple post asking for help for a video he wanted to put together, spiraled into something much bigger. I remember when Mikey showed up in Saskatoon, video equipment and trophy in hand and rockin' the Blue Jackets Jersey! What a fun night of NHL'94 it was. So many intense games and came right down to the wire. He interviewed many of us and was simply fun all around. From there, Mikey travelled across north America, interviewing anyone important and everyone important who had a story to share about our favourite game. His passion for this game brought many of us together in person for the first time. The tournament in Toronto was nothing less than spectacular. We didn't want the weekend to end. We've talked about having a live tournament as a community for a long time, but Mikey is the one that made it happen. He put his passion (and his own money) to make all of this come together and we were the ones who benefitted from his generosity. We can't thank him enough.

Congrats to you BUD!

Previous Winners

2009 - Smozoma

2010 - Smozoma

2011 - Smozoma and NHL94Dan

2012 - Smozoma and Dadonch44

2013 - Kingraph

2014 - Chaos

Hear hear!

Congrats on all that you've accomplished this year Mikey - Kingof94-Toronto was a blast, and really looking forward to what you put together from all your footage.

Cheers.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!! Thanks guys. Like i always told you crazy folks I was just a match that lit the fire. You guys are the Gasoline!!! It was always just there it just needed a spark. I believe Evan's vision to have a place for the '94 buds is a gift that gives everyday!!